'Matrixing'/Leaning back: when to use it?

• So I Have been aware for a while now that you can do a sort of limbo lean by crouching and looking up. My question is simple: when should I actually use this?

• All day, every day.

• If you’re enemy is trying to hit you on the very edge of his range (maybe if he’s slightly higher too) it can be much more effective than looking forward while crouching.

• @NabsterHax:

If you’re enemy is trying to hit you on the very edge of his range (maybe if he’s slightly higher too) it can be much more effective than looking forward while crouching.

Okay, great, any particular strike? Does it work particularly well or badly on any of the three types of attack?

• Most effective against horizontal strikes, as with any ducking. If you’re a VG with a large sword you can matrix and start an overhead strike at the same time, and if you succeed in ducking under the attack, the slow timing of your attack could work to your advantage. You can also try a hard stab with a spear weapon but you may have to look down a bit to get it to hit.

• I found a funny way to use it, when you see an archer aiming at you. Stand still, as he fire. Look at either left or right side of you and do the lean. If he aim for your upper body or head, then he will miss lol

• Doing the matrix and ducking is also good against stabs. With ducking they can just lookdown and he you at the end of their stab. With leaning back and crouching you are further away from the stab but you aren’t as low as lookdown crouching.

The a there’s the fools who try and suck overheads. More of an invitation to chop their head off.

• I always find it funny when people decide to duck to an overhead swing. :P

• Lean back is not as effective at outright avoiding attacks as crouching - it’s mostly useful for creating a small bit of extra distance when you know you’ll be just barely within weapon range. It’s also much more effective to do it while using certain attacks which have animations that lean you back further. Best example with this I think is the lower damage stab of spear type weapons, but overheads on most weapons do it as well.

• © M?se 2012.

• When I’m running at an archer I’ll do a quick 180 and look up slightly so my shield as a Knight covers more of my body.

• I find it rather useful ;)

[youtubehd:1t03y2lq]nKgIw2Mupec[/youtubehd:1t03y2lq]

• ^^ best person to respond right there… the man… the visionary…

also, it’s been quite useful to pull of some crazy looking parries from behind you or while spinning leaned back… also allows the overhand to hit behind you which can be used to attack, hit the objectives to break down faster… etc.

for the most part… for the extra distancing… think of them like this… he does it a lot here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZSFpeLEAok&t=30s

• @clayton-bigsby:

^^ best person to respond right there… the man… the visionary…

also, it’s been quite useful to pull of some crazy looking parries from behind you or while spinning leaned back… also allows the overhand to hit behind you which can be used to attack, hit the objectives to break down faster… etc.

for the most part… for the extra distancing… think of them like this… he does it a lot here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZSFpeLEAok&t=30s

Haha thanks Clayton. Leaning back is pretty strong and has very many uses, I’m always surprised by how little people use it.

• you taught me everything i know, master… however… i prefer to call it the gangsta lean

• I too blatantly stole Moose’s matrix dodges and have found them very effective against certain attacks/playstyles.

• Wow. I have never seen or done this before.

With some envy, I can say that I am impressed.

Sadly, it does look pretty… unattractive, especially on a medieval battlefield. Not a kind of thing I´d like to see more often…

• @Naleaus:

I too blatantly stole Moose’s matrix dodges and have found them very effective against certain attacks/playstyles.

everyone that has been in interitus duels that’s gone against him has taken this move from him, or someone else that took the lead from him… it’s just an awesome move to throw into your arsenal, plus with the drag caused by it… it’s like a double-whammy

• @Anonymoose:

I find it rather useful ;)
    [youtubehd:16m7myir]nKgIw2Mupec[/youtubehd:16m7myir]

I watched this vid and on every occasion, a proper look down duck would be more helpful since you lessen your model size with quite a margin compared to matrix. Also, you are not like doing it at the end of their range as it only does make sense to do at that point really (In my opinion). It just looks more cool. Am I missing something here?

• @Anonymoose:

I find it rather useful ;)

[youtubehd:3t2a81ri]nKgIw2Mupec[/youtubehd:3t2a81ri]

I would like to challenge you, to do that to me or any decent eu/na player. Guess it won’t be that useful anymore, ha?