Respawn Time Depending on Skill?

• Hi!

I just wanted to throw this idea out there and see what the community thinks about it. What if your respawn time were to differ depending on how many kills / how much damage you did during one life? For example, I spawn, kill three guys and die. My respawn time is 15 seconds. Then I spawn, get killed instantly, my respawn time is instantaneous.

The only bad side to this that I can think of is that players no longer spawn in waves, so it would be somewhat easier to spawncamp. But the spawners can just wait for allies before they go out so not the end of the world.

Thoughts?

• What if you would end up with a skyhigh score, lets say 50-1, wouldn’t that spawn time be quite ridiculous? Maybe if you put a maximum respawn time cap?

But hmm I don’t think this is a very great idea.

• I don’t like it either. Doing good should never be punished.

• There are reasons to have spawn times to be long. Ex: to balance the game

• @bagetti:

I just wanted to throw this idea out there and see what the community thinks about it. What if your respawn time were to differ depending on how many kills / how much damage you did during one life? For example, I spawn, kill three guys and die. My respawn time is 15 seconds. Then I spawn, get killed instantly, my respawn time is instantaneous.

@Falc:

I don’t like it either. Doing good should never be punished.

I don’t like the way this implementation would punish better players either, but I also don’t like the current system as when combined with the incredibly slow healing time and delay, it severely punishes players who barely win, as the killed player can often get back to them before much healing is done, especially if the killer had to deal with other people afterwards.

I like the idea of respawn time influenced by non-friendly damage done, e.g. having something like:```
    1-(damage/(300+damage))

• I just like the way that it’s now, where everyone shares the same dedicated spawntimes which is set once every x amount of seconds

• Global Moderator

Every 15 seconds everyone who’s dead spawns. Its in waves. I like it that way.

• The only thing I’d like to see changed is if you are choosing a class while your mates spawn, you would spawn after you’ve chosen your class instead of having to wait until the next wave is ready (or at least re-adding the timer : P)

• Global Moderator

@Alucard:

The only thing I’d like to see changed is if you are choosing a class while your mates spawn, you would spawn after you’ve chosen your class instead of having to wait until the next wave is ready (or at least re-adding the timer : P)

If you change your class before the timer runs out you can spawn with then all still. You can actually still spawn even if the timer ended just a second ago.

• @bagetti:

The only bad side to this that I can think of is that players no longer spawn in waves, so it would be somewhat easier to spawncamp.

Precisely.

• @Falc:

I don’t like it either. Doing good should never be punished.

Exactly.
    Stupid idea.