Combo Interrupt

• So a new mechanic (or a fixed one, I don’t know), combo interrupt. Where if you are hit mid combo, your next combo attack is prevented.

I find this mechanic has lead to at least 2 important class changes.

Knights: The knight is weaker due to their hit-trading being nerfed by the combo interrupt. They can no longer trade a hit and continue their combo, so now they hit trade into a neutral position (unless the other player stuffs up).

Vanguard: The vanguards big wide slowish swings used to be a self-contained mechanism to reduce spamming, as they could swing and hit people, however if they continue to swing around an enemy player could take the hit and combo them to death. That isn’t possible now. So now they swing in, hit multiple people and ‘reset’ everyone’s combat, it is particularly effective with leap. The problem is the vanguard can recover their attacks before anyone can respond, more often then not.

Unfortunately this has resulted in a bunch more players picking vanguard, particularly in FFA (where they were already pretty effective).

Also now with the increased ease of parrying/blocking (a great change for newer players) fights tend to last a fair bit longer now, with combo-interrupts longer still. This cool, we are playing this game for the fighting after all.

I do enjoy learning how to best use a new mechanic, an important part of that is coming to an understanding of how it affects the overall game. For instance, using the combo-interrupt to temporarily prevent a foe from hitting you, whilst you finish off another.

I’ve yet to play in TO mode to see how it affects that mode, I’m too much of a FFA junky.

So let us know what you think of combo interrupt and how it affects the game in different modes.

• I think MAA are the ones who are affected by this mechanic the most. Being way more squishier than the others, they often get the bad end of hit trades which also end there combo… resulting in almost certain death.
    Also because most game modes are team play it is way harder for them to go up against more than one enemy especially when using a weapon that takes 3 or 4 hits to kill. If I get my combo interrupted in theses situations, I almost always die from the first strike by a Vanguard or Knight.
    It isn’t all that bad however, as now I have to play more cautiously and find myself picking off single targets in these modes, which is probably what MAA was supposed to do in the first place. :P

• I like this new mechanic. Very very much in fact.

Unfortunately it’s a new source of ghost swings…:/ Although these are much less difficult to ignore, it’s still far from optimal.

• @Toll:

So a new mechanic (or a fixed one, I don’t know), combo interrupt. Where if you are hit mid combo, your next combo attack is prevented.

But… this is mechanic already exists, although it doesn’t work properly. :/
    However, it’s called flinch.

• I really like the new mechanic. It gives you more of a chance when versing an MAA or melee archer.
    @Dubjay:

@Toll:

So a new mechanic (or a fixed one, I don’t know), combo interrupt. Where if you are hit mid combo, your next combo attack is prevented.

But… this is mechanic already exists, although it doesn’t work properly. :/
    However, it’s called flinch.

He was just stating the mechanic, not suggesting a new one.

• Yeah I think it’s a good thing. Stops MaAs spamming LMB in your face and archers spamming daggers with no way to stop them. I like that you can stop kiting and comboing Vanguards and Knights with one well placed strike.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.