FFS Fix Speedhacking

• Really, how hard is it to scan the windows process do i need to look up the win32 calls for you people?

Here is a little tutorial on msdn use it and check each process name http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682623(v=vs.85).aspx, if one starts with Cheat Engine then maybe you quit the client???

Doing this every 5min would be a good fucking start to dealing with this problem…

• @Kimiko:

Constructive Criticism (Appreciated) -"While I appreciate what you did in this patch, there are some things that are still broken. Here are some suggestions to make this even better… "

Negativity (Acceptable) - “This game is broken guys. I don’t see much that has been fixed. Still love the game, but man, you guys need to get on the ball.”

Abrasive (Annoying) - “WTF? I need to uninstall this game. I played 400 hours and why is this thing still in the game??”

Destructive (Unacceptable) “FUCK YOU GUYS. YOU SUCK, YOUR GAME SUCKS. YOUR MOTHER SUCKS. I HATE TORN BANNER.”

Now which type do you think you fit in.

• Play on VAC servers if you don’t want deal with speed hackers, I’m pretty sure that there is a filter servers option for it as well.

• @Sir_Henric:

Play on VAC servers if you don’t want deal with speed hackers, I’m pretty sure that there is a filter servers option for it as well.

Usually when you have no clue what you’re talking about it’s best to not say anything. Usually.

• @Slight:

@Sir_Henric:

Play on VAC servers if you don’t want deal with speed hackers, I’m pretty sure that there is a filter servers option for it as well.

Usually when you have no clue what you’re talking about it’s best to not say anything. Usually.

He probably needs an explanation.

99% of the servers are VAC secured. Problem is the hacks get past that pretty easily.

The devs are working on new anti hack methods to counter speed hackers. When is the improved anti hacking gonna come out who knows.

• @Sir_Henric:

ATM vac secure does not stop cheat engine hackers. NO one bit.

• @lemonater47:

@Kimiko:

Constructive Criticism (Appreciated) -"While I appreciate what you did in this patch, there are some things that are still broken. Here are some suggestions to make this even better… "

Negativity (Acceptable) - “This game is broken guys. I don’t see much that has been fixed. Still love the game, but man, you guys need to get on the ball.”

Abrasive (Annoying) - “WTF? I need to uninstall this game. I played 400 hours and why is this thing still in the game??”

Destructive (Unacceptable) “FUCK YOU GUYS. YOU SUCK, YOUR GAME SUCKS. YOUR MOTHER SUCKS. I HATE TORN BANNER.”

Now which type do you think you fit in.

Probably in between Negative and Abrasive.

• I admit I have no clue what I’m talking about lulz, JK.
    But I was under the assumption that VAC servers were safe.
    If they are not then tbs should do somthing about it.

• This should be a priority.
    You never really know who’s good and who’s just spending $5 a month, so it’s hard to take this game seriously.

• I’ll alert the developers right away.

Looks at Torn Banner Studios Office

Cricket cricket….tumbleweed

Yep, they’re dead Jim.

Anyone up for some War of the Roses or Warband?

• @Draulius:

somebody, anybody,…… please say yes.

• I find it very sad that the devs have to stop their hard work on improving the gameplay to add anti-hack mechanics to the game because some jack-offs want to ruin a good game for everyone.

• hackers……

• Yesterday I saw a guy named poptartbox, he’s teleporting around the map, my ping and he’s ping are under 100 so I can say it’s not lag. He also swing his war hammer pretty fast.

• @nonsence:

Really, how hard is it to scan the windows process do i need to look up the win32 calls for you people?

Here is a little tutorial on msdn use it and check each process name http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682623(v=vs.85).aspx, if one starts with Cheat Engine then maybe you quit the client???

What you think people couldn’t rename the executable…?

Far more effective if we come up with a list of steam names that sound like they are a hacker. They the game could quit automatically. e.g. If their steam name is “I hack” or just contains “hack” or “speedo” then quit game.

• @Draulius:

I’ll alert the developers right away.

Looks at Torn Banner Studios Office

Cricket cricket….tumbleweed

Yep, they’re dead Jim.

I’m gonna buy war of the roses right now… I’m gonna try it.

• I’d certainly rather fixes and security measures be IN THE GAME than something that scans my windows processes etc, that’s a bit too invasive for my tastes.

Recently found and removed something to do with Punkbuster on my machine that was running ALL THE TIME, regardless of whether I was actually running whichever game it was installed as part of or not. That sort of shite pisses me off. It’s MY computer, even if I was using it for secret underground Russian money laundering or had TrannyFarmGirls.exe running, it’s no bloody business of game developers. Their sphere of influence should be contained to the game folders and game itself only.

Besides as Greg mentioned, there’s easy ways to cloak that anyway.

• @Goregasm:

I find it very sad that the devs have to stop their hard work on improving the gameplay to add anti-hack mechanics to the game because some jack-offs want to ruin a good game for everyone.

@Goregasm:

I find it very sad that the devs have to stop their hard work on improving the gameplay

@Goregasm:

that the devs have to stop their hard work

@Goregasm:

stop their hard work

• you know what I played a server yesterday where I was desynced really bad allowing me to own everyone, at first I thought hey I must be doing way better… then I saw the game speed up and slow down a few times. People almost never parrying anything I threw out and thought damn I must have hit the lag sweet spot. Who knows how often this happens. I havent had this happen in a long time, it just makes me think hmmm a lot of people that seemed like they were hacking might have been desynced. However some people are like impossible to parry every game. Tricks, exploits, speed hack, somehow desyncing on purpose every game? All of the above? :?

@bob
    yeah it seems like if you install any game with punk buster, its going to be running on your computer constantly until you google some steps to remove it

pnb.exe go away

if it just ran when the game ran I would not care

• There is quite a few hackers in the game IMHO.

1. Slight speedhackers
      Every now and then, someone is swinging a little faster than usual, or doing that SoW overhead stab combo just as fast that it’s impossible to parry. They are quite difficult to tell apart due to the game allowing some accelerating, so they can always tell “lol n00b accelerate swing”. Sometimes it’s even difficult to tell it from lag… and especially knights make it even more difficult - they are slow as shit but when attacking they get a sudden speed burst.
      But yeah, from time to time it happens that as a vanguard I run after a fellow knight and can’t overtake him. Or today… there was one very high ranking player, I suspected a speedhack but wasn’t really sure whether it’s not lag. But he gave himself away when he changed class to an archer and killed 4 people in 3 seconds…

2. Stamina hackers
      Those are probably the most numerous cheaters in the game…
      On Argon’s wall there are 2 ammo boxes in the tower, so I like playing MaA with just a norse sword or norse axe + fire bombs, continuously rainign fire upon my enemies. But from time to tim I get into a fight and I can’t stopped wondering where my stamina goes all the time because I am so used to the Men at Arms parrying repeated my zweihander, constantly dodging around, missing some of their swing, never stopping their sprint and then finally taking me down with a triple feint and a combo…

3. Health hackers
      The rarest ones IMO… but gaining their ground. Just this week I encountered about five different vanguards that could miraculously survive 3 hits with a zweihander in the chest… And in one battle, it was always the same player, no one else could do that, so I doubt it was just a lucky coincidence.