A sorry end to a fantastic game

• It’s such a pity this game didn’t work out, it had to much going for it. I sunk 400 hours into this game and had some great times.

The only games I could find this today were a few FFA only servers, which I don’t like, and a horrible clan server with a bad rotation and a bunch of 12 year olds who were kicking anyone who achieved a reasonable score. As soon as i hit 10-2 someone said “kick him, he is bad” and so with 60 ping, 8% team damage and no idle time I was kicked.

I still love this game, it is probably my favorite online game since TF2 but if these are the only games I can find then it might be time to move on……

• Hmm, I don’t know why you aren’t seeing all the servers (with people). We currently have 24 official servers that have more than 10 people on, as well as plenty of private servers.

Perhaps download this and see if it makes any difference to you:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

• @Kimiko:

Hmm, I don’t know why you aren’t seeing all the servers (with people). We currently have 24 official servers that have more than 10 people on, as well as plenty of private servers.

oh yeh i forgot to mention im on oceanic but i’ll try that anyway thx

• @Ready:

Okay, well we have 11 AUS official servers up and running, 3 of which are full right now.

Hope something works for you.

• Global Moderator

@Ready:

@Kimiko:

Hmm, I don’t know why you aren’t seeing all the servers (with people). We currently have 24 official servers that have more than 10 people on, as well as plenty of private servers.

Oceanic?

Tell me the names of the “12 year olds” as if its on games.on.net then something could be done about. Their report system for chivalry actually works. If you don’t know the games.on.net servers are pretty much the majority of oceanic servers.

There are four of them that I know of. All working together. Could he the same people could be different.

Their steam profiles would be great.

The “getplayerinfo” command followed by their in game name or part of it is what the games.on.net team likes you to use. This is while you are in the server. Its similar to the way you use to have o votekick someone via the console.

• @lemonater47:

@Ready:

@Kimiko:

Oceanic?

Tell me the names of the “12 year olds” as if its on games.on.net then something could be done about. Their report system for chivalry actually works. If you don’t know the games.on.net servers are pretty much the majority of oceanic servers.

There are four of them that I know of. All working together. Could he the same people could be different.

Their steam profiles would be great.

The “getplayerinfo” command followed by their in game name or part of it is what the games.on.net team likes you to use. This is while you are in the server. Its similar to the way you use to have o votekick someone via the console.

It was on the TOBY clan servers, sadly i didn’t ge their names. Before i got kicked someone else who was doing well was accused of speedhax and booted then i got kicked because quote “he is bad” (10-2 i was best in that server) and i was kicked

• Ignore the bias Moderator in this thread, this game is dead. Which is horrible considering how popular it was, for a whole month this was the only game people talked about…and what the hell happened? One content update and the developers go AWOL? Unacceptable. War of the Roses is practically dead too but Fatshark is still cranking out huge updates and content additions. Know why? That’s because Fatshark knows how to treat a game properly, and it brings life back into their game, unlike the patchy mod team known as TornBanner… they don’t have what it takes.

And Kimiko, I don’t care to hear whatever your rebuttal is to this post. You are a Moderator for this website so you are bias and only going to say positive things about the game. I know what it’s like being such a sheep considering I use to be a Moderator a few times myself. I rather hear opinions from a real, free-willed human being thank you very much.

There are still countless bugs, exploits, and imbalance issues from release. And now I hear there are f***ing hackers. Yeah, forget this game.

I won’t lie, this game had great potential. And it was successful for Torn Banner’s first real game. It could have evolved into something great, look at TF2 and its humble beginnings for example. It had a huge player-base and the sky was the limit, but unfortunately Torn Banner didn’t make use of it.

If you dudes are up for Warband or War of the Roses add me on Steam, I promise you’ll have more fun.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/draulius/

• Anytime anyone talks about War of the Roses, I only have to say one thing about that. Client side hit detection.

Nothing else matter after this point even if the game has the best combat system. Someone with high ping can hit and kill you on their screen with no animations or warning. Sounds like a flawless system with no potential for abuse :roll:.

• @Draulius:

Ignore the bias Moderator in this thread, this game is dead. Which is horrible considering how popular it was, for a whole month this was the only game people talked about…and what the hell happened? One content update and the developers go AWOL? Unacceptable. War of the Roses is practically dead too but Fatshark is still cranking out huge updates and content additions. Know why? That’s because Fatshark knows how to treat a game properly, and it brings life back into their game, unlike the patchy mod team known as TornBanner… they don’t have what it takes.

And Kimiko, I don’t care to hear whatever your rebuttal is to this post. You are a Moderator for this website so you are bias and only going to say positive things about the game. I know what it’s like being such a sheep considering I use to be a Moderator a few times myself. I rather hear opinions from a real, free-willed human being thank you very much.

Ok, you got me then…. good luck to’ya…

I’ve played the game this past weekend with the new patch and while I didn’t notice any dramatic changes to the overall game mechanics, it did have a much better feel to it and game play was a little bit more predictable (in that I didn’t have as many unexpected hit through shields or attacks I didn’t see coming) It is starting to feel more like the game I original bought during the holidays…. but without all the other glitches that were fixed from the first big patch.

As far as I’m concerned, the game has improved from this last patch and is now starting to look like it is heading in the right direction.

Was/Is it perfect?

No… but since I have yet to see a “Perfect” game so soon after launch, that’s not a big deal for me.

The only thing I don’t like about the game is the shield kick = free hit. I’d rather it be back to the way it used to be before the first big patch, or switch it to dropping a tonne of stamina… at least then there’s never a free hit, which is completely foolish imo.

There are still countless bugs, exploits, and imbalance issues from release. And now I hear there are f***ing hackers. Yeah, forget this game.

There’s hackers in every game and automated systems can only do so much. What is needed is for server admins to actually keep an eye on their damn servers to get rid of those causing problems…. so when an admin is nowhere to be seen, don’t blame the game, blame the people who don’t properly regulate their servers.

I won’t lie, this game had great potential. And it was successful for Torn Banner’s first real game. It could have evolved into something great, look at TF2 and its humble beginnings for example. It had a huge player-base and the sky was the limit, but unfortunately Torn Banner didn’t make use of it.

It’s not over yet…. I have seen a few games I like come close to the brink, look like they were pretty much dead, seem like the devs didn’t know what they were doing and not listening to their community… only for them to pull a rabbit out of their arse and bring the game back to a pretty good player base.

What TB needs to do now is roll out their next big patch to focus on the remaining issues, keep the community involved in knowing what’s going on, and once that is done & the game is further polished, bring in more content.

Or release the SDK… once the SDK is available, this game will balloon with players again… if they release the SDK and get Chivalry into the Steam Workshop, the community can start working on maps, weapons and other content to keep others interested while they focus more on the performance / bug issues.

If you dudes are up for Warband or War of the Roses add me on Steam, I promise you’ll have more fun.

No I won’t.

• @Knil:

Anytime anyone talks about War of the Roses, I only have to say one thing about that. Client side hit detection.

Nothing else matter after this point even if the game has the best combat system. Someone with high ping can hit and kill you on their screen with no animations or warning. Sounds like a flawless system with no potential for abuse :roll:.

hit detection in chivalry is like that as well, right?

• @JCash:

@Knil:

Anytime anyone talks about War of the Roses, I only have to say one thing about that. Client side hit detection.

It seems so. I guess that’s the reason, why a high ping is so OP.

• @Draulius:

I’m a “free-willed” human being and I DISAPPROVE of this message. I love this game, I find it very fun. Even with bugs/hackers/anythingelseanyonecanthinkof. I find ways around said problems, and I still have an amazing time with what is out. Didn’t you hear, the Torn Banner team is relocating to a ‘new’ studio somewhere, they’re indie game creators and had actually only seen each other a few times in real life… Give them time, they have a huge player base they probably thought to never expect, these guys are people, “free-willed human beings”… Give them time. The game isn’t even a year old yet and still seems to be thriving, even with folks like you.

• @Goregasm:

@Draulius:

I’m a “free-willed” human being and I DISAPPROVE of this message. I love this game, I find it very fun. Even with bugs/hackers/anythingelseanyonecanthinkof. I find ways around said problems, and I still have an amazing time with what is out. Didn’t you hear, the Torn Banner team is relocating to a ‘new’ studio somewhere, they’re indie game creators and had actually only seen each other a few times in real life… Give them time, they have a huge player base they probably thought to never expect, these guys are people, “free-willed human beings”… Give them time. The game isn’t even a year old yet and still seems to be thriving, even with folks like you.

He’s wrong anyways, I’m not even a moderator anymore. But since he doesn’t care what I have to say anyways, I shall say nothing… for now, until I am needed. cape

• If i get 2 or 3 people to join my server with me, it fills up almost instantly.

• @Kimiko:

I shall say nothing… for now, until I am needed. cape

MWA HAHAHA!!

Yeah so any way I just though I would add that we are not slaves of the mason orders new world sons of oppressive tyrants association and we could walk away from here at any given time.

Or in other words we are on the same side here as we are all humans (I think)

• @sharkh20:

If i get 2 or 3 people to join my server with me, it fills up almost instantly.

The problem is that too many people wait for a server to fill up, rather than join a smaller one. Just like you said shark, if you get a small number of people, the server will instantly fill up.
    @Draulius:

Ignore the bias Moderator in this thread, this game is dead. Which is horrible considering how popular it was, for a whole month this was the only game people talked about…and what the hell happened? One content update and the developers go AWOL? Unacceptable. War of the Roses is practically dead too but Fatshark is still cranking out huge updates and content additions. Know why? That’s because Fatshark knows how to treat a game properly, and it brings life back into their game, unlike the patchy mod team known as TornBanner… they don’t have what it takes.

lol. When was anything positive said about the game? She simply stated objectively that there were servers available for the OP to play on. What are you talking about?

• @Kimiko:

He’s wrong anyways, I’m not even a moderator anymore. But since he doesn’t care what I have to say anyways, I shall say nothing… for now, until I am needed. cape

No, you’re not a mod anymore…. you have even more power than ever before… your name is in Dark Red… the colour of coagulated blood… the coagulated blood of your enemies… SMITE HIM just for the sake of all things SMITE’ie!!!

:berz:

• @JCash:

@Knil:

Nope it’s server side which is why when you are lagging the hit detection is delayed when you swing through people. What people are seeing happening when fighting a high ping person is the desync between the tracers and the animations caused by that high ping.

• @Knil:

@JCash:

@Knil:

Nope it’s server side which is why when you are lagging the hit detection is delayed when you swing through people. What people are seeing happening when fighting a high ping person is the desync between the tracers and the animations caused by that high ping.

That can’t be true: I remember my internet stopping to work for like 10+ seconds yesterday. While everyone walked in the same direction, I attacked 3 of them (While still lagging). Then the game continued, and magically all the three guys I attacked died afterwards.

• @HammelGammel:

That can’t be true: I remember my internet stopping to work for like 10+ seconds yesterday. While everyone walked in the same direction, I attacked 3 of them (While still lagging). Then the game continued, and magically all the three guys I attacked died afterwards.

Exactly what i was thinking, and you can mimic that with a lagswitch. Turn it on, suddenly everyone stops moving, slash someone up, turn it off.

Either way, a great deal of the combat-related stuff in chiv is client side, chiv is ripe for hacking, effectively there is no difference between the exploitibility of chivalry and Wotr.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.