Official Ping Limit Servers now available!

• Alrighty. I’ve listened to you guys and so I’m going to do a test run here. I have four (4) servers set aside with ping limits on (200 ping max). I haven’t actually tested to see if the ping limits are working or not, but we shall see. 2 of the servers are NA and 2 are EU.

So those of you who wanted ping limits on official servers, here’s your chance to test them out. Any feedback you have would be appreciated. People with higher pings will be autokicked, but I think there’s a time frame, so just be patient. Don’t do any votekicks or anything please. If it’s been 5 minutes and nothing has happened, then let me know and I’ll do some tweaking.

Let me know how it goes!

Please look out for these servers:

Official TO Ping Limit #01 - Toronto (Multiplay)

Official TO Ping Limit #02 - NL (Multiplay)

Official TO Ping Limit #03 - US Central (Multiplay)

Official TO Ping Limit #04 - Germany (Multiplay)

• You like to break my alternate server browser’s OFFICIAL SERVERS ONLY filter don’t you. :(

For future reference, this is how I’m matching the names:

if ( (sName.length() >  26) && ( sName.substring(0, 20).equals("official duel server") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 26).equals("official classic rank 1-20") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 23).equals("official classic server") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official ffa server") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official lts server") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official tdm server") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 18).equals("official to server") ||
    				sName.substring(0, 20).equals("official beta server") ) ) {

I might as well add a “ping limit” version of all of them now.

Edit: let’s stick with this, no more new names that don’t match these -

(sName.length() > 23 && sName.substring(0, 24).equals("official duel ping limit") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 19 && sName.substring(0, 20).equals("official duel server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 26 && sName.substring(0, 27).equals("official classic ping limit") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 25 && sName.substring(0, 26).equals("official classic rank 1-20") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 22 && sName.substring(0, 23).equals("official classic server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 22 && sName.substring(0, 23).equals("official ffa ping limit") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 18 && sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official ffa server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 22 && sName.substring(0, 23).equals("official lts ping limit") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 18 && sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official lts server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 22 && sName.substring(0, 23).equals("official tdm ping limit") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 18 && sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official tdm server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 21 && sName.substring(0, 22).equals("official to ping limit") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 17 && sName.substring(0, 18).equals("official to server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 19 && sName.substring(0, 20).equals("official beta server") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 15 && sName.substring(0, 16).equals("official beta to") ) ||
    (sName.length() > 16 && sName.substring(0, 17).equals("official beta  to") ) || // thanks Kimiko
    (sName.length() > 18 && sName.substring(0, 19).equals("official beta duels") ) )

• Reading your post brought a small tear to my eye ;)

I hope one day all of chivalry players will be able to play on a server with decent ping with others who also have a good ping.

• When Yarnu is on your server there be no high pingers.

• ReMixx, I can’t promise anything. I’m never satisfied until I get it just right. So you’ll just have to deal with it :P

• @Kimiko:

ReMixx, I can’t promise anything. I’m never satisfied until I get it just right. So you’ll just have to deal with it :P

Or I could remove the Alternate Server Browser altogether. No one uses it anyway.

• @ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

ReMixx, I can’t promise anything. I’m never satisfied until I get it just right. So you’ll just have to deal with it :P

Or I could remove the Alternate Server Browser altogether. No one uses it anyway.

Don’t you threaten me sonny! You’ll make greg sad!

And you still have to wait for me, the end.

• Thanks so much for this! Can we drop it to 150 ping instead of 200, though?

• @SOC:

Thanks so much for this! Can we drop it to 150 ping instead of 200, though?

I considered 150 ping and I’m still considering it. For now, let’s test out 200 and see what happens. I may lower it later on.

• Would be interesting to see how many servers 100+ plus doods will be able to join.

• @Kimiko:

I’m on Kimi-strike.

No more updates to Alternate Server Browser. No more tech support.

• @Yoshiblue:

Would be interesting to see how many servers 100+ plus doods will be able to join.

Anyone over 100 will still be able to join. The ping limit is 200. And the server will initialize a kick that warns the user that it’s going to happen (I believe so, haven’t tested it yet) and then be removed due to their ping being over 200.

@ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

I’m on Kimi-strike.

No more updates to Alternate Server Browser. No more tech support.

Cool story bro!

• @Kimiko:

@ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

You can remove it but I have the source code, so there.

• Now is it an instant boot, or will there be a timer that can be set? For people who spike or randomly enter the server with 900 ping or something before it resets.

• @Yoshiblue:

Now is it an instant boot, or will there be a timer that can be set? For people who spike or randomly enter the server with 900 ping or something before it resets.

It’s timed.

• nice, will check these out when i can, and thanks

I agree with mith tho, if this works… drop it down to like 150… and then LOWER if possible. Typically you can play with somewhat high ping without much issue… but even pings above 70 or 80 cause lag issues, so i dont know how much a 200+ or even a 150+ would help, but it’s an excellent start. I’m sure with at least ones that are over 200 being gone will help out the games tremendously.

Where is the option in the config file? i’d like to test on my own server as well.

• Alright doots, I lowered the ping limit to 150. That’s as low as I’ll go for now.

Enjoy!

• @ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

I use it, it’s awesome! Please don’t get rid of it :(

• Yes! YES! I simply cannot wait for this to go live. There has been this devastating plague of LAG and High Pings which has had its way with the Australian/NZ servers! Now, with the right preventative measures, we can keep those lagging sons of whores out! Meaning we have only glitches to complain about, rather then high pingers teleporting and phantoming your face dead :D

Finally, I can spend more time playing CHIV, then eyeballing the score-board and looking for 300-900 pingers to boot.

Every cell in my body is happy! ;)

• Official TO Ping Limit #01 - Toronto (Multiplay)

has no autobalance set