Knight's visor

• What about giving us a key to open and close the knight’s visor? :)

Nothing all that important, but it would be kind of cool in my opinion. Not sure if it would be worth the effort though…

• Real knights used to close the visor to protect themselves against arrows. In Chivalry armor does not protect you against anything so the limited vision would not be balanced by anything.

conclusion: as an option? maybe
    as a necessity? absolutely not

• Since it doesn’t give a buff, why would you? Especially since the gameplay moves so quickly.

• It would look cool. That’s it ^-^

• Would only support if Knight had a beard of extreme manliness, Able to scare off those cowardly archers with one glance after opening visor.

• I dont imagine the developers would need to do much, seeing as this file is or was once a file we had.

Do note, that this is a screenshot taken back in early beta or perhaps even the ALPHA!

• @Yarnu:

I dont imagine the developers would need to do much, seeing as this file is or was once a file we had.

Do note, that this is a screenshot taken back in early beta or perhaps even the ALPHA!

The initial knight’s look brought me to the idea :) was watching some of the old footage on the youtube-channel of TBS.

It’s just the animation lacking, but i think this one is pretty simple :)

• They could always use the visor to buff the knights?

I mean take the knight in his form now and make that what default visor open would be.

BUT…

If the Knight so chooses to put his visor down he should be locked into first person with his visor and restricted vision.He should then get a little armor buff to make him a complete badass!

• @rdonnell:

They could always use the visor to buff the knights?

I mean take the knight in his form now and make that what default visor open would be.

BUT…

If the Knight so chooses to put his visor down he should be locked into first person with his visor and restricted vision.He should then get a little armor buff to make him a complete badass!

Nah, I would like it to be visual only. Not like in WotR, where everyone just always has his visor opened. Just without any downsides, for messing around :) the game is perfect for this kind of stuff.

I would like to approach a dangerous looking, angry big mason knight wielding a spiked maul which is 2 times higher than me, open my visor, scream “HEEEEELP”, close it again and run away. That would look hilarious :D

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.