Stats

• Not really a suggestion or idea but more of a question. Will we get stats of how we perform, kills / deaths. maybe a ratio type thing??

• I hope not, having a KD/R is generally a way to encourage selfish playstyles. People wanting to protect their stats and such.

• Isn’t there already a huge amount of stats when you view the scoreboard ;)

• I was more implying about having stats like as a rolling thing. Not just per match but an overall statistic of total games, total kills, deaths and so on amongst many other things.

• yes there will be. stats are also used as a way to unlock certain weapons.

• sounds good, looking forward to that :)

• Fuck.

Unlocks?

This game will feature unlocks?

My hype meter for this game just halved. Seriously.

• @Vox:

yes there will be. stats are also used as a way to unlock certain weapons.

If this includes persistent K/D tracking then my interest also just halved.

• It does.

Be prepared for “Ugh, I’m quitting this team, they suck, my K/D Ratio is suffering!”

They are in every game that has persistent stats. It’s annoying. Causes unabalanced Teams often, and then you are auto-swapped to another Team.

It happens in BF3 alot. I’m on the winning Team, we’re crushing the other, a player from their team is sick of it, his K/D is suffering, so he leaves. Auto-balance kicks in, throws me to the other Team, and I just suddenly lost, despite 1 minute remaining in the match and having basically won the game for my Team.

• Hirez studios got rid of the persistent k/d tracking after the community made enough noise, maybe torn banner will have the good sense to do the same.

If Steve can come in here and name just one way in which k/d tracking enriches the player experience in a way that outweighs its enormous hinderence then I might reconsider, but just like Hirez I duobt he or anyone else can.

• All we store are points (1 per kill per weapon type) for weapon unlocks.

At this point we haven’t finalized any plans for stats.

• @b3h47pte:

All we store are points (1 per kill per weapon type) for weapon unlocks.

At this point we haven’t finalized any plans for stats.

No assist kill?

• ther are assists, but they don’t count towards unlocks.

• @Mkilbride:

It does.

Be prepared for “Ugh, I’m quitting this team, they suck, my K/D Ratio is suffering!”

They are in every game that has persistent stats. It’s annoying. Causes unabalanced Teams often, and then you are auto-swapped to another Team.

It happens in BF3 alot. I’m on the winning Team, we’re crushing the other, a player from their team is sick of it, his K/D is suffering, so he leaves. Auto-balance kicks in, throws me to the other Team, and I just suddenly lost, despite 1 minute remaining in the match and having basically won the game for my Team.

On reflection i kind of agree to be honest.
    Ranks and unlocks are all good. It would be interesting to see a class statistic though on how you perform as each class overtime but id probably go with it on a game basis win or lose something like that.