Have you been kicked just for playing well?

• It happened to me for the first time yesterday on some horrible clan server. I was on that server because it was morning and it was the only non-ffa server i could find. One guy who is a rank 47 well known good player was accused of using speedhax and booted, leaving me top of the leaderboard. I was on 10-2, decent but not all that fantastic when someone said “he is bad” and i was voted off. Anyway, when you are on the server of a crappy clan you are left at the mercy of a bunch of mean-spirited 12 year olds so this kind of behavior is only to be expected. On decent servers i have seen numerous attempts to vote out top scoring players but this is the first time i have acually seen it pass. My team damage was under 10%, my ping was 40 and no idle time. I decided to wait until later in the day to resume playing when some good servers would be populated.

Some folks say to take it as a compliment but i find it demotivating knowing i have to tone-down my playing in order to stay in the game. And i realize that all the solutions to fix vote-kick abuse put forward so far are flawed and would make life too easy for the toxic minority of players who just want to ruin the majority’s experience.

• You already made a thread about the same people.

Anyway I’ve never heard of the Toby clan. They probably stick to their own server. Clan servers that you won’t get kicked off are the zealous clan “Z”. The POD3 (PODCubed) clan server and the “eX” clan servers. You did say you were oceanic.

• @lemonater47:

You already made a thread about the same people.

Anyway I’ve never heard of the Toby clan. They probably stick to their own server. Clan servers that you won’t get kicked off are the zealous clan “Z”. The POD3 (PODCubed) clan server and the “eX” clan servers. You did say you were oceanic.

TOBY is quite a big clan so im suprised you havent encountered them, seeing as youre in nz. A common insult i have seen directed at shitty players is “go join TOBY”

• @Ready:

@lemonater47:

You already made a thread about the same people.

TOBY is quite a big clan so im suprised you havent encountered them, seeing as youre in nz. A common insult i have seen directed at shitty players is “go join TOBY”

I may have played with a few of them but they either aren’t that good or rather quiet when I have player some of them. So I can’t remember them.

• Generally I have no issues with the main clan servers. (It still depends on who is frequenting said server at certain times.)

The Classic duel servers are filled with the more mature players, and will kick anyone that’s trying to act douchey, so if you want to have a fun time, come to one of those :D

• I also play Oceanic and have seen TOBY heaps of times.

Unfortunately they are also the victims of impostors, two griefers in particular change their names to those of the TOBY clan and then get onto servers and TK. They know what they’re doing as well; they will kick people off ledges (doesn’t count as team damage) attack someone and then when they retaliate vote kick them (as now they will have team damage appearing from self defense) and because there are two of them their claims seem legit to most people (if there are two people arguing over chat as to who tked who first and someone jumps in and supports one side it’s often enough to get everyone else to agree).

• Don’t worry about it, most people that play are jerks lol

• Oh, I have been kicked for being to good. Been accused of using “that OP shield” or just “f$%& off its’ no fun”.

• I’ve been kicked numerous times for no reason at all. It’s pretty frustrating and I can see why you are angry. :x

• To be honest I have never experienced or seen this behaviour. I have only seen people kicked if they are topping the leaderboard using exploits.

So you should probably stop using them if you want to stay.

• all the time, especially on more absurd scores like 50-0 multiple people try to kick me :) its funny and sad at the same time, people nowadays rather votekick then learn, low ranks learning how to votekick before they can even parry properly, its just sad :)

• When your score is 50-0, I don’t believe that low ranks have anything to learn from you anyway:)
    Anyway this wouldn’t happen if there where more level capped servers and if the level was counted for different classes.
    And whenever I was votekicked for this reason, I felt mildly flattered:)

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

I don’t believe that low ranks have anything to learn from you anyway:)

Theres still alot of ignorant rank 40s who think they are good at this game and votekick too. ;) Its not always low ranks

• I got pretty good at this game and quite often i am the top ranked player. So I get kick vote agaist me every second time I play, I guess. The other day I got kicked for beeing awesome but I returned and asked way? The answer was: just for fun. And the other guy said: cause you are a Nazi. I mean wtf? Same were from the same clan.

• That used to happen to me pretty much :)
    Before i took a break from the game :|
    Sucks to be bad :(

• I’ve only seen this happen when the person was using nothing but exploits and telling everyone to ‘learn to play’. For some reason, people don’t like playing with internet trolls. :o

• @CRUSHED:

low ranks learning how to votekick before they can even parry properly

I feel its more like “because” then “before”. When people fail theirs blocks they usually think “He must be hacking/exploiting/lagging - its not my fault!” instead of “Oh I missed that one - should work on my parry.”

In consequence if someone plays better he has a higher chance of being kicked as people want to believe its not their fault when they lose. The constant whing in both chat and forum confirms them in their opinion leading to things like: “It’s common knowledge that parrying does not work.” or “Everyone knows that this lame weapon is unblockable.”

So people just cry, votekick and refuse to learn. One Knight tried to kick me (playing Archer) for “hacking” because he failed to hit my head with his Longsword and thus failed to oneshot me…

Also people try to kick others for using tactics they don’t like: Hit&Run in LTS, teaming up in FFA. I bet if duel mode had an votekick option people would be kicked for feinting a lot.

• I can kinda understand why some people votekick abusing/exploiting~~/unbelievably awesome~~ players who can’t die and only say “learn to play n00b”. But the only time I really was about to initiate a votekick was because of an ignorant IO douche who abused the shit out of the grandmace insta-oh via crouching, and said things like “cry more baby” as I asked him to stop. :?

• @CRUSHED:

all the time, especially on more absurd scores like 50-0 multiple people try to kick me :) its funny and sad at the same time, people nowadays rather votekick then learn, low ranks learning how to votekick before they can even parry properly, its just sad :)

50-0 is pretty crazy, i’ve seen one of the best on my friends list get damn near 100 kills, got cut short at 95, and even HE dies at least once. Unless they are all like rank 0-10… that’s insane. Still wouldn’t kick you for it. Unless the person just joined the game andh has crazy team damage percentage to where you know he’s attacking team on purpose, i vote no. Or in duel servers someone ffa’ing after being told the rules… i wil vote yes, or initiate votekick if noone else has, which is never.

I’d like to think of myself as pretty decent at the game, but only been votekicked once in my (damn near 900 hours now) and that was for killing teammate that ws killing everyone. He was a troll, so he came in attacked me constanly, i retaliaed, then he initiated vote against me, said i was eamkilling, and by then i had accrued some team damage percentage and got kicked. Whoop dee doo, found another server in under a minute ;)

• I’ve always wondered how certain clan members in the big clans can run faster then any public knight in no clan.
    It’s just plain obvious people r using speed increasing on a large scale yet it is kept a secret they do so.
    They’ll simply say you’re the noob and votekick you to lay low or put the attention on something else.
    Believe me 80% of the top players use something to boost speed.
    Just saw a knight outrun me in circles (they use circles to cover their speed hack so it looks like they using tactics) while i was MAA.
    Clans tend to use it in public servers where knowledge of speed isn’t that great amongst people and they’ll just think it’s skill.