Ways to let off Chiv related steam

• No game has ever made me come close to the amount of rage I generate playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Whether it be pulling my hair out in a fit of Tourette’s syndrome or beating my desk like a monkey then flinging shit all over my room, Chivalry always gives me new ways to spit the fucking dummy.

What ways does everyone else have to cool off? I’ve found that playing Red Orchestra 2: HoS very relaxing compared to this. I use to get mad at Ro2 but recently I’ve found it to be very calming just playing riflemen and taking my time and relaxing. Unless I’m Axis on Grain Elevator, fuck that shit.

I know there are a few Ro2 players here who swapped temporarily to this game but I’ve considered getting back into Ro2 with the upcoming Rising Storm.

Anyway, what ways or other games do you find help you to relax and wind down from 2012’s favourite medieval button masher?

• Global Moderator

Axis on grain elevator mostly win. Its just the stairs with the doorways which are a bitch.

And I’ve never seen you get angry in game. You remain rather quiet.

• @lemonater47:

Axis on grain elevator mostly win. Its just the stairs with the doorways which are a bitch.

I don’t rage in game, no one benefits from that. I’m probably too busy anyway trying to eat my keyboard.

• Run around butchering archers.

Generally though I don’t get too raged at Chiv tbh, as I don’t take it as serious as most heh.

I’ve raged FAR more at shooters, dying without any indication of why or where, or by a single shot. Chiv ALWAYS at least makes me feel like I can defend myself and stand a chance. Even with archers I can see where they are and have a chance to dodge or block the shot that’s coming for me.

• Global Moderator

DayZ is the game I rage at the most.

• I crawl up under my desk and cry.

• I just quit. Probably not the best way to handle things but… I usually don’t get upset when playing this game, because I try not to take it too seriously.

• -Listen to some smooth jazz.
    -Comics.
    -Funny youtube vids.
    -Deep breaths.
    -Food. (Not too much though)
    -Rock em sock em robots.
    -Stress ball.
    -Screaming into pillows.
    -Naps.
    -Cry while watching a sad movie to pass it off.
    -Watch Fist of the North Star to pass it off as manly tears.
    -Look into aquariums.
    -Play Super Mario 64 and watch the fishes with Toad.(For those who lack an actual aquarium)
    -Tell some jokes in game. Take a break from immersion and try to make it casual.
    -Draw a comic of it and use it to get stuff off your chest. Chiv Comixs, humor for the average chiv player!

• Play POSTAL 2 with custom gore modifications :queen:

• I buy new games and install them then never play them because I’ve already gone back to playing Chivalry.

• I torture my Torn Banner voodoo doll collection.

• while i do get upset with certain things, and if you’ve talked to me on teamspeak, seen my twitch, youtube etc. When certain things happen i just say damn and move on. Sometimes i get a little more upset… but then i just take a sip of beer and quit playing. I haven’t played any other games really ssince chiv came out, i’m KIND of addicted and think i may have a problem. I listen to music, have freinds on teamspeak that are just having fun together. Sometimes having ppl to talk to that also rage just makes their rage rub off on you though, but for THE MOST PART, i’m a pretty light-spirited player. Most people rage more often because they don’t quite understand WHY they get killed most of the time. Typically my rage is induced more by archers than anything. Had a match earlier today 12v12… and something like 8 people on defense were archers, and quite good. Mixture of longbows, warbows, and various crossbows makes for a pretty frustrating match. I think we ended up winning though so any rage is worth it in those situations when you come out with the win. makes the victory taste that much sweeter

• The only reason I get angry on chiv is because some bug abusing clan faggots who say “stop crying and l2p”, even though they abuse the worst, how they’d say it, “mecanisms” like crouching to land an insta OH with grandmace and maul. Know what helps against anger? Biting your hand, there you’ll stop raging rather quickly, heh

• @DokB:

@lemonater47:

I don’t rage in game, no one benefits from that. I’m probably too busy anyway trying to eat my keyboard.

This guy gets me. This is my feckin wavelength. Right on it.

If im 1-1 in a duel with a guy I feel i really ought to be beating hands down - then get beat with him at an inch of his life because of a kick or some shit and me being sloppy, Im not silent because im quietly contemplating my defeat. Its literally because im trying to devour my keyboard in rage - I am SO frickin glad someone else does that shit.

but mostly I enjoy throwing shoes across the room in all consuming fury as I shriek NEIN NEIN NEIN!

• @Alucard:

The only reason I get angry on chiv is because some bug abusing clan faggots who say “stop crying and l2p”, even though they abuse the worst, how they’d say it, “mecanisms” like crouching to land an insta OH with grandmace and maul. Know what helps against anger? Biting your hand, there you’ll stop raging rather quickly, heh

most clan folks dont do that. if you keep spamming in chat and cry in it though, most PEOPLE, not just clan members will take advantage of that and try and get you as angry as they can so they can laugh at your rage… you’re bringing it on yourself if this happens. I, and noone really on my clan that i know of does this… so don’t group everyone on the same boat please

if you cry into chat… the UMADBRO’s will come

• I play in spurts. I try to just be relaxed, well-rested, and I’m sure it would help if my room wasn’t a furnace at the moment.

It’s true this game can inspire a lot of frustration. You just need to remember it’s only a game.

• @The:

I play in spurts. I try to just be relaxed, well-rested, and I’m sure it would help if my room wasn’t a furnace at the moment.

It’s true this game can inspire a lot of frustration. You just need to remember it’s only a game.

open a window, it’s pretty nice out… at least where i am

• My window is open, but it’s 26 celcius outside (78 f) but about 34 celcius in my room (93 f)… and that goes up even higher when I start up a game.

• Clayton, I’ve never said I cry in chat, I only ask them to stop their abuse/exploit, and guess what! It’s alreade been helpful. And I’ve never said every clan member is abusing either, I know some pretty nice clan people 8-)

• When I get mad I
    choke the bishop,
    wax the dolphin,
    and
    beat the meat