MAPTOOLS!!

• shit… i know i’ll fucking try and make a map. It’s going to be a flat free for all map, with no barriers. It will be my own new map for my server to host classic ffa duels on lol. It will be the easiest map ever. (said the guy with no map making experience lol)

• need an actual good duel mode and practice arena at teh same time, similar to ammomod in tf2

• classic duels = good duel mode. Currently though i and others find moor to be the best map for this because of larger open space, flat areas, etc. However, the barricades need to go, there are very rarely archer battles in which they are used (in duels I mean) and a 2nd moor map without barricades would be great for FFA classic duels to take place in. Too many times do they get in the way.

Also, another version of moor that has ammo boxes on it would be welcomed… simple little change i would think. Then you can have some crazy LTS games with stupid amounts of firepots and arrows and throwables going on.

• Honestly for retro duel mode, i’d like just a large grass flat, no hills or elevation changes, no scenery, just flat ground.

• that’s what i’m saying… we need a flat grass map with fucking NOTHING on it lol.

Then we can have one that’s just a huge wave pool lmao.

• @clayton-bigsby:

that’s what i’m saying… we need a flat grass map with fucking NOTHING on it lol.

Then we can have one that’s just a huge wave pool lmao.

If the waves knocked you down that would be pretty fun.

• I’ll definitly build a FFA-Duel map. I guess I take the idea from my most beloved M&B duel-map :D

Hopefully they’ll implement classic duels until then :(

• Even if its not totally brand new maps. Modding the current maps would give some variation as well and wouldn’t be too hard to do. Even that would add some variety to the game.

• I would build a 1:1 replica of Dust cuz I heard that was best map?

• Fully agree
    I quited the game two months ago, cause everytime the same maps got boring to me. I will come back, if new good quality maps will be released probably ….

• @gregcau:

I agree new content is needed.

I am skeptical how much the community will actually build in terms of maps and whether they will be good quality and generally usable.

i think you are so, so wrong on this one. in my experience, (which goes all the way back to pong), games that are open to player mods/mapping have a much longer life than those that do not. left 4 dead 1+2 are great examples of this. after playing the official maps for only 6 weeks i was getting bored and thinking of calling it a day. then i found left4dead maps which has literally HUNDREDS of player designed maps/campaigns to play. in fact the best maps i’ve played in ANY game have been the ones designed by players, not developers. can’t understand why you think player maps will be crap when my experience says just the opposite.
    there are lots of talented people out there who will work for FREE and produce great content because they love playing a game. i think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality.
    personally i can’t wait to see the player produced content. you think the game is good now? player mods and maps will make it even better.

• @veganman:

@gregcau:

I agree new content is needed.

I am skeptical how much the community will actually build in terms of maps and whether they will be good quality and generally usable.

i think you are so, so wrong on this one. in my experience, (which goes all the way back to pong), games that are open to player mods/mapping have a much longer life than those that do not. left 4 dead 1+2 are great examples of this. after playing the official maps for only 6 weeks i was getting bored and thinking of calling it a day. then i found left4dead maps which has literally HUNDREDS of player designed maps/campaigns to play. in fact the best maps i’ve played in ANY game have been the ones designed by players, not developers. can’t understand why you think player maps will be crap when my experience says just the opposite.
    there are lots of talented people out there who will work for FREE and produce great content because they love playing a game. i think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality.
    personally i can’t wait to see the player produced content. you think the game is good now? player mods and maps will make it even better.

exactly, and i could even see people that don’t even play chivalry make maps for it, just because it’s something they enjoy doing. well i guess they’d have to have a play or two at it lol just to know what’s going on… but yeah… there are tons of sick l4d/l4d2 maps out there, and i haven’t even scratched the surface to what i’ve actually played… there’s too many. It will draw more players in, people that don’t mod can give it a try and learn that and add it to their “documents” of things i know how to do now. etc. etc.

• L4D had a much, much higher player base to draw talent from.

With such a small community, getting QUALITY maps that end up making it to most servers will be few and far between.

I’m not really fussed on having more maps. I just like the battle!

• @HeightofAbsurdity:

I would build a 1:1 replica of Dust cuz I heard that was best map?

fuck dust… dust 2 baby!

@Toll:

L4D had a much, much higher player base to draw talent from.

With such a small community, getting QUALITY maps that end up making it to most servers will be few and far between.

yes but the player base is constantly growing… and losing others. But the game right now is going in the right direction… there are still folks out there that don’t know about the game… cannot afford it right now but would love to play… and there are folks out there that don’t have a good enough PC or can’t afford to build a pc of their own. Lets face it, consoles are cheaper, and PC gaming is a huge luxury we have. Now i’ve paid for most of what i own that’s nice… but not everyone has their parents etc to buy them nice things… I think the community will grow larger and this game should be very popular. Theres a reason why we love it so much, and we should be spreading the word so others can share the joys that we’ve had and continue to have

• :o
    Map tools.
    Spot on veganman.

@Toll:

L4D had a much, much higher player base to draw talent from.

True - but they have hundreds and hundreds of maps, I’d be happy with less than that.

@Toll:

A fair point, but a even handful of good maps coming in now and then will help to keep the game fresh.

@Toll:

I like the battle too - but the current maps in rotation are getting stale. There’s already one post in this thread saying someone left and will come back when we get new maps and I’m sure there are others thinking the same. I know I am - and I really like this game.

Do you have a favourite map?
    I do - it’s the peasant knacking one. The battle is the same as other maps but this one plays the best.If it’s just battling, it shouldn’t matter which one is on - but it does.
    Number 1 priority to keep players interested= map tools
    Same maps over and over is a game killer.

• spot on catsponge.

• If players can Create&capture that Medieval Warfare Atmosphere, then yes I agree.
    Maps like MOrDoR belong in World of warcraft, not in me Chivalry.

• LOLS The new Insurgency released WITH and SDK. Just saying……

• @Dr:

I think bugs and maps are equally important.

The community can help by making maps, only TB can fix bugs however.

My thoughts exactly. I could not agree more with this. Fuck new maps, TBS, just give the tools to the community and focus on the bugs.

• Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. PLEASE!!!