Blunt weapon stabbing

• I really really hate this. I don’t even think this should have been in the game. What I want is for the stab attack for the blunt weapons to be removed. Here are the weapons I’m talking about: All one handed maces and hammers, all one handed axes, (Yes, I realize some of them have a tiny spike on them) Maul, Grand Mace, Bearded Axe, Double Axe. It’s way too fast, especially for the one handed maces and axes, so it is a really good attack to exploit the flinch mechanic, and it looks really stupid, especially on the maul, grand mace, double axe, and bearded axe. This is just my opinion. So, I think it should either be nerfed, or removed.

• Love how half these shitty blunt stabs 2hit VGs. -__-

• @dudeface:

Love how half these shitty blunt stabs 2hit VGs. -__-

Thank you! Somebody who understands! You know, the holy water sprinkler? It’s stab can 3hit vanguards/

• @Aemil:

@dudeface:

Thank you! Somebody who understands! You know, the holy water sprinkler? It’s stab can 3hit vanguards/

But the HWS has only the fastest possible windup in the game….oh wait that makes it even worse.

Right now the HWS is a fucking STABBING weapon. A spiked club. The best attack on a spiked club is the stab. It has to be a joke. Don’t get me started about morning star, dane axe and flanged mace stabs.

For some unknown (and very stupid) reason 1h weapons which are not supposed to stab (axes, maces) get very fast (like in dagger/fist fast) stabs, while 2h weapons(double axe, bearded axe, bardiche, grand mace) do not. The maul is the only exception, its stab is faster than overhead/slash.

• @Falc:

@Aemil:

@dudeface:

But the HWS has only with the fastest possible windup in the game….oh wait that makes it even worse.

Right now the HWS is a fucking STABBING weapon. A spiked club. The best attack on a spiked club is the stab. It has to be a joke. Don’t get me started about morning star, dane axe and flanged mace stabs.

Where you being sarcastic?

• I AM NEVER SARCASTIC

(yes)

• Also the saber. Why would you even stab with a saber?…

• @Matti:

Also the saber. Why would you even stab with a saber?…

Why not? Is it fragile?

• I remember being 2-hitted bye the stab of the maul today as an MAA, and 3-hitted as a vanguard. It’s just ridiculous. But I don’t agree with removing them, I would rather like to see them doing nearly no damage. So you can still use them to flinch and push your oponent back.

• @HammelGammel:

I remember being 2-hitted bye the stab of the maul today as an MAA, and 3-hitted as a vanguard. It’s just ridiculous. But I don’t agree with removing them, I would rather like to see them doing nearly no damage. So you can still use them to flinch and push your oponent back.

They simply shouldn’t be so fast, it’s ridiculous.

• Typically axes have a spike on the tip…for stabbing.

Having a heavy mass thrust into your chest will do a lot of damage. Imagine the maul thrust/stabbed into your chest. It’d be like having a battering ram smashed into your chest… That’s going to hurt.

Or think of it this way. Bruce Lee could do his one inch punch and knock a heavy man clean off his feet. So if you add that force plus the mass of the weapon and the fact that you can thrust the weapon for more then just one inch distance can you now see how much damage that could do?

• Wouldn’t your armor absorb it though?

• The armour could potentially be undamaged if it is strong enough, but your internal organs will be accelerated inside your body cavity and the damage is done there - you internal organs bouncing around inside your body being broken upon the bones they are contained within.

• No, I mean that it would cushion the blow. Especially with the lighter armour classes with the leather armor. Then there’s a layer of muscle beneath that.

• It definitely should not be removed, a blunt thrust on light and heavy armour, although reduced, will still hurt… a lot!
    But, I do agree that a speed reduction on thrusts on some of the weapons should be considered, although they would probably need to get buffed somewhere else to avoid everyone using something else (Knight Sword of War - i’m looking at you).

• a lot of things 2 hit vanguards… a number of weapons can one hit a man at arms. Some weapons can 2 shot knights… your suggestion is bad… take out the poke on blunt weapons?

• Slow the attack down. I don’t understand why it’s so much faster than a sword stab.

• @Aemil:

Slow the attack down. I don’t understand why it’s so much faster than a sword stab.

because a lot of the weapons discussed are 1 handed secondary weapons.

• Excuse me?

• @Aemil:

Excuse me?

there are some folks in previous replies that are referring to one-handed secondaries. let me apologize for not addressing yours such as the maul or grand mace. you think the pokes are too fast on these? They’re totally parryable weapons, and being able to 2 hit vanguards with these weapons, especially as badass as the gmace is… is totally feasible. SoW pokes are also fast and 2 hit vanguards and you don’t even need to hit headshots with that. I’m pretty sure the maul still needs to hit the head for the 2 pokes to be effective, gotta check the charts but. In no way are the pokes too fast on either of these weapons, regardless. You may want to practice timing for these weapon pokes better.

I suppose i only assume that you would be referring to one-handed secondary blunt weapons because… those are the only ones that hve pokes that are deemed to be very or too fast. If you are talking about 2 hander pokes being too fast… sorry man, but they aren’t.