Unlocks

• Are they out?

• I think so, but it’s still kind of clunky from what I hear.

• Semi-out. They don’t show your progress and don’t track very accurately, but it is possible to unlock things.

• @SlyGoat:

Semi-out. They don’t show your progress and don’t track very accurately, but it is possible to unlock things.

Was that “fixed” (as it sounds still somewhat broken) in the latest patch?
    I was sure that I couldn’t find anything related to it in the patch notes. Maybe I failed.

• Unlockables were technically “in” from the first beta release. Some players were unable to unlock the Morning Star and Maul before this patch. From what I understand it’s been improved somewhat but it still isn’t very functional, hence no reason to put the improvements in the patch notes. Tibberius managed to unlock the Fork rather quickly though, so maybe try racking up a lot of kills with the spear (and crossing your fingers) if you want a new weapon :P

• Aight, thank you.
    I was hoping to unlock the flamberge or claymore.

I’ll see to get some greatblade kills and hope it works.

• According to Tibberius lastnight to get unlocks you have to get 50 , 100 and then 150 kills with a weapon but apparently the server isn’t tracking kills correctly.

• 50 kills for the 2nd tier weapon and 100 kills for the 3rd tier weapon, actually. So 150 kills total to unlock the 3rd tier weapon of a set. It also tracks kills based on weapon set not specific weapon, so if you unlock the Morning Star with 50 Flanged Mace kills, try it out and decide you hate it, you can continue using the Flanged Mace to unlock the Holy Water with 100 more Flanged Mace kills. Or 40 Morning Star kills and 60 Flanged Mace kills, etc.

• @SlyGoat:

50 kills for the 2nd tier weapon and 100 kills for the 3rd tier weapon, actually. So 150 kills total to unlock the 3rd tier weapon of a set. It also tracks kills based on weapon set not specific weapon, so if you unlock the Morning Star with 50 Flanged Mace kills, try it out and decide you hate it, you can continue using the Flanged Mace to unlock the Holy Water with 100 more Flanged Mace kills. Or 40 Morning Star kills and 60 Flanged Mace kills, etc.

Does this work for bot games? I hate people.

• Apparently it has to be with people with a minimum of 5 people in the server.

• @FreakingCreepy:

Are you the guy who hate when people think CMW is reminiscent of AoC?

• @Oscar:

@FreakingCreepy:

Are you the guy who hate when people think CMW is reminiscent of AoC?

I’m not sure. Are you the guy who is actually allies with the Barrel Crusades?

• I’m still looking to unlock the Halberd, Hope it works :). Although the Bardiche slash/overhead is stronger than the Halberd Slash/overhead, the Bardiche Stab is significantly weaker than the halberds stab. Stab is faster than the other attacks and has more range, which is why i like the halberd better; stabs sometimes gets people off guard because of its quickness. I my self have a very hard time parrying stabs, even with shields, because 1) stab is very fast and 2) my comp sucks so movements tend to warp.

• @GustavusIIAdolphus:

I’m still looking to unlock the Halberd, Hope it works :). Although the Bardiche slash/overhead is stronger than the Halberd Slash/overhead, the Bardiche Stab is significantly weaker than the halberds stab. Stab is faster than the other attacks and has more range, which is why i like the halberd better; stabs sometimes gets people off guard because of its quickness. I my self have a very hard time parrying stabs, even with shields, because 1) stab is very fast and 2) my comp sucks so movements tend to warp.

Strong stabs are also much stronger than strong slashes due to damage type. Stab is extremely effective against everything while slash is reduced by every class - even the man-at-arms takes 15% less damage from slashes. Plus the halberd has a 105 piercing damage charge attack, meaning it can do the highest single hit damage of any Vanguard weapon.

By the way, even the billhook has a stronger stab than the bardiche, by a very considerable margin. It may be low range for a polearm, but its stab and its very quick speed make it pretty potent, and it still has decent slashes to back it up.

• Aahhh. I want that! Why do the unlock systems have to still suck :( :( :(

Hoping next patch has reliable stat tracking and proper unlocking.

• I would rather they get the weapons working and balanced 100% with the ones we have then unlock more and we test them etc etc.

• Has anyone managed to unlock the claymore? Is it possible to unlock this particular weapon in this version?
    Thanks for a concrete answer :)

• @OrdeaL:

I would rather they get the weapons working and balanced 100% with the ones we have then unlock more and we test them etc etc.

What’s the point of balancing 12 weapons between eachother when there are 36 weapons total? Then the game has to be rebalanced again when the new weapons are available.

• @SlyGoat:

@OrdeaL:

I would rather they get the weapons working and balanced 100% with the ones we have then unlock more and we test them etc etc.

What’s the point of balancing 12 weapons between eachother when there are 36 weapons total? Then the game has to be rebalanced again when the new weapons are available.

+1

• @akarnir:

Has anyone managed to unlock the claymore? Is it possible to unlock this particular weapon in this version?
    Thanks for a concrete answer :)

Yeah im unlocked it after killing 20 (or so) people with greatsword, but it shows in a weapon selection menu like 1/3 of rounds and didnt work at all on some servers.