Just what the hell did you do to comboing??

• Just yesterday I could do combos like stab+overhead and swing+overhead and such without any sort of trouble, but today these combos seem to be almost completely broken. I am not doing anything differently and I try to combo in low ping servers but now combos just do not fucking work anymore. The second attack almost never gets chained to my first one anymore. My timing is not off and this happens when I’m not flinched by either a hit or by hitting a surface by mistake. I am not getting blocked or parried either. And yet all of a sudden combos almost never work. The cruel thing is that they work fine when I test them before a fight, but when I actually need them to work, they just fucking don’t. What could TB have done to have messed comboing up so badly??

• I’ve sort of noticed that sometimes my combo’s don’t queue. I thought they were going to make a slider for combo queue times in the LAST patch, but that never happened.

For now what i usually do is like say i’m doing overhand to slash… while the overhead is going, i’m pretty much doing about 2 rolls around the time that i think the timing will be right. The 2nd roll is kind of an insurance roll to ensure that my combo continues. I have had the same problem as you at times and expect a combo and my char just stands there, not getting flinched or anything just not chaining. Either way i don’t have too much of an issue with it, just tends to happen a bit more frequently as you’ve said. But this didn’t occur after latest hotfix though, i’ve just had that problem since i don’t know when, always… but its pretty rare for me because of my insurance policy

you can also ensure your combo by being really spammy, which i don’t like but you can totally keep pressing your attack while the first one is going… just make sure to stop spamming so you don’t queue something you don’t want to queue.

I want to be able to fine-tune my queue times though. AND NEVER QUEUE PARRIES!

• Yeah, I can occasionally combo in fights but again, this inability to properly chain attacks together at times is rather new for me. For the most part I was able to properly combo before this recent mysterious “bug”, if it indeed it is a result of something actually being broken.

• yeah not sure if anything changed there, maybe fiddle around with it… report back with your findings lol. I think it’s in our head

• I don’t know if this is only happening with me, but sometimes stab and overhead are random. For example, once I tried to chain 3 overheads, but in the last hit my character used a stab.

• I’m not 100% sure, but I think it might be that now you can’t sprint and combo at the same time. If this really is true, then what the hell TB??? There is no reason for that sort of change!

• They changed A Few of the animations. But they all work for me.

• i have played more since i posted… i DO feel like there are a lot of times my combo’s don’t queue up as easily as they used to… and i’m using the same timing as always and sometimes i even spam the next attack to ensure the combo, but it doesn’t go sometimes.

• @LipinhoW:

I don’t know if this is only happening with me, but sometimes stab and overhead are random. For example, once I tried to chain 3 overheads, but in the last hit my character used a stab.

Woah. I’ve been thinking my mousewheel is dying.

• that thing about doing stabs while queuing overheads is still a thing? i remember people talking about that like… a LONNNNG time ago… and thought it was fixed or w/e. I think that’s why a bunch of people rebound their keys to something not on the scrollwheel for those attacks… thought it was fixed but i guess not. Don’t know if its a game bug, or what.

• @clayton-bigsby:

that thing about doing stabs while queuing overheads is still a thing? i remember people talking about that like… a LONNNNG time ago… and thought it was fixed or w/e. I think that’s why a bunch of people rebound their keys to something not on the scrollwheel for those attacks… thought it was fixed but i guess not. Don’t know if its a game bug, or what.

I hadn’t experienced that before. Recently I’ve had the stab thing, or overheads just like, not queuing at all.

• For me, combo failure seems to happen more often when I’m moving. Not sure if the moving is the reason behind combos not working but I sure hope it isn’t.

• @clayton-bigsby:

i have played more since i posted… i DO feel like there are a lot of times my combo’s don’t queue up as easily as they used to…

I reported an issue with combo queuing in Beta when they made the changes. But it was inconsistent and didnt seem like anyone else was having the issue.

In live I rarely combo, having a different style.