[MECH] Can't defeat facehugging MAA? Read this.

• Face hugging is a problem and thy are really hard to block. Back peddling helps a bit by you still have to look up at 90 degrees.

After looking at facehugging closly I’ve seen that the swings they do, especially overheads start in your body. So to block is virtually impossible as they are already passed your weapon.

Crouch.

Yes crouching helps a lot it makes it far easier to block thier attacks. Especially with a shield. It distances you from them and you only need to looks at slight to get the tip of their weapon rather look at 90 degree angles. Just one more button to push. And you only need to push it untill you block.

Kick.
    Straight after you manage to block the bastard immediately kick them then follow up with an attack. If they are smart they won’t try facehugging you again. You can usually kick then fast enough before they can recover from the block.

You will probably get hit at least once but it increases your chance of survival a lot.

Preventative measures.

Best way to kill them is to not let them that close with the advantage in the first place.

Swing and miss combo.
    Many MAAs will dodge towards you to get close. Most wont do it unless you take a swing at them. So they will get close trying to make you swing. Two handed weapons have faster combo times than one handers do. So most two handers can be used. First you swing an miss. The MaA will think you are stupid for randomly swinging infront of them and he will dodge towards you. But if you combo that swing into another attack he will take the hit. He’s usually already winding up for an attack. Even if he does get you its a hit trade, you will hit him your attack is always to the point where you can’t be flinched. I usually do a horizontal swing into a stab or overhand. Doesn’t work with the maul very well and doesn’t work for any of the spears but with all other weapons it works great. If you combo to an overhead some weapons will kill him in one go and you take no damage.

These techniques do take time to learn. And you won’t always get them right. But its a god way of killing those MAAs who like to kiss their victims before killing them.

• I agree with everything but the spear thing, there, you don’t have to LMB, instead, just stab in their direction, there is a chance of hitting him even if it doesn’t look like it’s going to hit. And after you missed him, he will dodge to you, but because of the crazy range, you can just stab him out of the way

• I didn’t know even I’m learning things. I just thought you were pretty screwed with the spears.

• @lemonater47:

Face hugging is a problem and thy are really hard to block. Back peddling helps a bit by you still have to look up at 90 degrees.

After looking at facehugging closly I’ve seen that the swings they do, especially overheads start in your body. So to block is virtually impossible as they are already passed your weapon.

Crouch.

Yes crouching helps a lot it makes it far easier to block thier attacks. Especially with a shield. It distances you from them and you only need to looks at slight to get the tip of their weapon rather look at 90 degree angles. Just one more button to push. And you only need to push it untill you block.

Kick.
    Straight after you manage to block the bastard immediately kick them then follow up with an attack. If they are smart they won’t try facehugging you again. You can usually kick then fast enough before they can recover from the block.

You will probably get hit at least once but it increases your chance of survival a lot.

Preventative measures.

Best way to kill them is to not let them that close with the advantage in the first place.

Swing and miss combo.
    Many MAAs will dodge towards you to get close. Most wont do it unless you take a swing at them. So they will get close trying to make you swing. Two handed weapons have faster combo times than one handers do. So most two handers can be used. First you swing an miss. The MaA will think you are stupid for randomly swinging infront of them and he will dodge towards you. But if you combo that swing into another attack he will take the hit. He’s usually already winding up for an attack. Even if he does get you its a hit trade, you will hit him your attack is always to the point where you can’t be flinched. I usually do a horizontal swing into a stab or overhand. Doesn’t work with the maul very well and doesn’t work for any of the spears but with all other weapons it works great. If you combo to an overhead some weapons will kill him in one go and you take no damage.

These techniques do take time to learn. And you won’t always get them right. But its a god way of killing those MAAs who like to kiss their victims before killing them.

…and if he feints?
    You´re fucked :D There is no way in seven hells you can read a feint from someone who´s facehugging you. But I´m gonna try those things and see whether it works or not but I doubt the crouch will: there is like a 0.2-0.4 delay between pressing crouch and the actual action.

The way I now deal with MAAs in general is by pressing towards them to make them dodge and feint them or try to catch that first blow and parry counter.

• I don’t think this topic is accurate at all. These tactics might work against a rank 20 but not against the more experienced maa’s out there. There really arent any secret tactics for defending against us, that’s what makes it so hard. My best advice is to be aggressive and if you swing and miss you better follow up with a combo because we’re taking advantage of that miss so you might get lucky and connect with that 2nd part of the combo. But be careful, don’t be that aggressive because we all like taking advantage of a knight or vanguard who just swings for the fences, you’re easy pickings when you have no stamina.

• @Dontuhateme:

I don’t think this topic is accurate at all. These tactics might work against a rank 20 but not against the more experienced maa’s out there. There really arent any secret tactics for defending against us, that’s what makes it so hard. My best advice is to be aggressive and if you swing and miss you better follow up with a combo because we’re taking advantage of that miss so you might get lucky and connect with that 2nd part of the combo. But be careful, don’t be that aggressive because we all like taking advantage of a knight or vanguard who just swings for the fences, you’re easy pickings when you have no stamina.

often against SKILLED maa’s… i have to hit trade them… plain and simple… or use their patience against them. Its either go super aggressive and combo them hopefully to death with missed combos… or be defensive and wait for them to make a mistake… like me get a fast parry counter or catch them mid dodge with an attack.

• @Dontuhateme:

I don’t think this topic is accurate at all. These tactics might work against a rank 20 but not against the more experienced maa’s out there. There really arent any secret tactics for defending against us, that’s what makes it so hard. My best advice is to be aggressive and if you swing and miss you better follow up with a combo because we’re taking advantage of that miss so you might get lucky and connect with that 2nd part of the combo. But be careful, don’t be that aggressive because we all like taking advantage of a knight or vanguard who just swings for the fences, you’re easy pickings when you have no stamina.

Parry combo attacks work against the level 20s. Parry kick stab works against a skilled MAA. As kicking stuns you for a lot longer now. And it doesn’t matter what rank you are stunned is stunned.

And I haven’t seen an MAA not get hit by the swing and miss tactic. They may still win but they have a lower chance as they have taken a heavy hit.

Crouching and leaning back gives the person more time and a higher chance to block. As the attack doesn’t start already behind his block.