[WEP] Weapon Suggestion Compilation

• As there are a lot of weapon suggestions distributed all over this forum and some reappearing again and again I thought one could summarize. As the setting of the game are the European Middle Ages I did not include any weapons I found too exotic (American or East Asian), too much like fantasy weapons (like claws) or which do not fit the games limitiations (like a Pike).

Also I strongly feel new weapons should have their own touch. For example a Voulge (Pole Cleaver) might be so close to the Bardiche that it would be more like a remodel than a weapon of its own (in which case it would be more like a pure customisation issue).

Some weapon suggestions I found and think they could work out:

Staff Sling (Archer)

• similar to the Sling but slower and more damaging
      Kestros (Archer)
    • piercing damage sling
      Fire Siphon (Archer)
    • short ranged flamethrower with very low ammo
    • more like a terror/support weapon
      War Spear (Man at Arms, Vanguard)
    • a shorter version of the spear somewhere between the Heavy Javelin and the Fork
    • wieldable with a shield
      Rapier/Sidesword (Man at Arms)
    • a dedicated onehanded stabbing sword
      War Scythe (Man at Arms, Vanguard)
    • a small polearm dealing cutting damage, weaker stab
      Sickle (Archer, Man at Arms)
    • a short powerful cutting weapon with poor stab (maybe a sidearm)
      Twohanded Flail (Man at Arms, Vanguard, Knight)
    • a long Pierce/Blunt weapon
      Ahlspiess (Vanguard)
    • a short powerful spear
      Godendag/Plançon a picot (Man at Arms, Vanguard)
    • a short crushing polearm
      Pickaxe/Horseman’s pick (Knight)
    • operating similar to the Poleaxe (but with a spike)
    • a powerful and slow piercing weapon
      Bec de Corbin (Vanguard)
    • the polearm version if the above
    • operating similar to the Polehammer (but with its spike)
      Burgundian Poleaxe (Vanguard)
    • a longer version of the Poleaxe
      Estoc (Vanguard, Knight)
    • twohanded sword optimized for piercing
    • weak slashes and overheads

I might add other suggestions if they are unique enough and match the setting (no Katanas please).

• @Evil:

Archer:
    Staff Sling - similar to the Sling but slower and more damaging (far more as the Sling needs a damage buff :-D )

Vanguard:
    Ahlspiess - a short powerful spear
    Godendag - a short crushing polearm

Knight.
    Pickaxe/Horseman’s pick - a powerful and slow piercing weapon

These are the ones i like the most. :)

• I really would have liked an Ahlspiess. But instead we got the brandistock and the fork, quite hideous weapons (imho of course ;) ). The fork is a tool and not a weapon fitting a Vg. You look like a peasant with that thing :D

• smash
    “GODENDAG!”

These weapon ideas would be fun. I like the idea of the scythe and the Ahlspiess.

• Added the Fire Siphon (Greek Fire). Other than this most ideas (especially the Rapier) just get repeated over and over.

• @Falc:

I really would have liked an Ahlspiess. But instead we got the brandistock and the fork, quite hideous weapons (imho of course ;) ). The fork is a tool and not a weapon fitting a Vg. You look like a peasant with that thing :D

Agree, the Brandistock is ugly and a stupid choice for the most damaging spear. The most damaging types of spears have a single, long spike which will go all the way through a person not three short prongs that won’t go very deep.

Also the fork is also stupid for a similar reason. The only point in using a fork is to trap enemy spears.

• Bumping this as people keep making the same/similar suggestions.

• I’d like to see a “peasant” line of weapons to complete the MAA quarterstaff tree.

I’d like to see a pickax, and then a pitchfork of some kind.

• The hussite farmer’s flail and the flemish blacksmith’s goedendag could be good additions to the Man at Arms’ quarterstaff.

[image:3agp8sc7]http://www.wulflund.com/img/goods/en/medium/flail_hussite_war_weapon_b.jpg[/image:3agp8sc7]

[image:3agp8sc7]http://www.liebaart.org/figuren/goedendr.jpg[/image:3agp8sc7]

• Updated the original post.

I also found a similar topic that claimed to get updated regularly - from 2012. :D

Until now my favorites for the open spots are
    Archer: Staff Sling, Fire Siphon (not much choice here)
    Man at Arms: Godendag, War Scythe
    Vanguard: Bec de Corbin, Twohanded Flail
    Knight: Horseman’s Pick (maybe some switcharound to get it in one row with Maul and Grand Mace)

• I think the weapon trees could use a little shuffling with some additions Bardiche>Billhook>war scythe and say Polehammer>halberd>Poleaxe(a proper one) While spears get Fork(light lance or boar spear?)>spear>awlpike and Knight gets a shortened voulge to replace the poleaxe, which always seemed kind of out of place. I like the addition of a two handed flail to the flail tree, and the godendag and war spear to the man-at-arms tree. Archer is a bit harder, the only thing I could find that would fit the sling and staff sling was a kestros, but that was ancient era. Regardless, I think they should rename the heavy crossbow to arbalest.

• I don’t think the Poleaxe is out of place as a Knight weapon while a shortened Voulge would be. Having a longer version for the Vanguard could still work - but personally I would rather see a Bec de Corbin.

Voulge and Boar Spear would be very similar to Bardiche and Fork - maybe candidates for weapon skins if there will ever be such a thing. As Chivalry already is slightly anachronistic I will add the Kestros to the list.

I agree with the renaming of the Heavy Crossbow (and people will stop suggesting the Arbalest).

• Yeah, let’s rise this thread from it’s grave. I like it :)

A twohanded flail would be a very good thing to add to the flails-tree. Get 75 kill with a flail to get this twohanded flail unlocked. But 100 kills remaining would be better cuz there is no first unlock for 25 in the flails-tree.

I would also be very glad to see more twohanded weapons for MAA in the quarterstaff tree. Just add some weapons to the most downside trees.

And I would be very glad to see katar. It would be a very fast weapon(it would strike as fast as fists do) with good damage(30-35) and very short range. Very good weapon for MAA.

• id love to see a mod where the 2 heavy classes could interchange weapons as well as the 2 light classes.

ie: knight and van can swap and archers and maa could swap, just mele not ranged, or too many ppl would cry OP i think.

• I would like to see the Rapier/Shortsword as a fast, mid-range stabbing-weapon, powerful against lighter classes but not that bad against the heavy ones but with very bad overhead and slash attacks.

• Estoc = SoW

Godendag for VG, bring it on.

I think the warfork should move to the MAA and the VG should get a warspear (for use with shield).

• two handed flail would be neat (:

• @lllAnteklll:

A twohanded flail would be a very good thing to add to the flails-tree. Get 75 kill with a flail to get this twohanded flail unlocked. But 100 kills remaining would be better cuz there is no first unlock for 25 in the flails-tree.

Since you fight with the 2h flail more in the style of a quarterstaff (since it is a 2h staff, basically), I think it should be part of the Man-at-Arms quarterstaff progression. Also, the 2h flail is a farmer’s tool, should a Knight really use something as lowly as that?

The Knight could get a third 1h flail with two or three smaller spiked balls.

• The one handed flail also came from that farming tool.

• @lemonater47:

The one handed flail also came from that farming tool.

No duh.

All I’m saying is the 2h flail was a farming tool which peasants used in uprisings, and the Hussites were famous for using a lot of flails (and handgonnes). They hammered studs into them before war, to make them hurt more. Then it was militarised, made into a one-handed weapon with a chain and small studded metal balls instead of looking like this. Can you imagine an Agatha Knight with this?

I can hardly imagine a Man-at-Arms with one of those either, but they are the light infantry class, very much like peasants, so they fit the best.