Combo Fast Parry Exploit

• 8B_T3MyfZy0

bwr7nEJNKic

I see more and more high-level players use it. Also i use it. But it crushes timing system, where opponent do not have delay after miss.

When will Torn Banner fix it?

• The feint-parry fairies are all over the servers. I love when they tell me that “it’s realistic” to be able to bring your weapon instantly into parry from any position regardless of swing momentum.

‘ZOMG IT’S BASIC SWORDFIGHTING L2PUNOOB!’

• Well we all know this was not intended to be in the game by TBS. However this “exploit” has turned out to be very beneficial to gameplay. “Fixing” it would really break the game. It is pretty much impossible to play against good MaA without this. Every time they dodge an attack they would get a free hit. A huge nerf to dodge would have to come with the “fix” for combo-feint-parry.

• I think this should be allowed. Make it cost an appropriate amount of stamina to execute to balance it.

@Falc:

Well we all know this was not intended to be in the game by TBS. However this “exploit” has turned out to be very beneficial to gameplay. “Fixing” it would really break the game. It is pretty much impossible to play against good MaA without this. Every time they dodge an attack they would get a free hit. A huge nerf to dodge would have to come with the “fix” for combo-feint-parry.

Agreed completely.

• Moved to bug reports.

• People which are using the mistakes of enemy do not need it.

• I would not consider this a bug, especially if it costs adequate amounts of stamina. But if it is “fixed” (i.e. removed) I will not mourn much because for some reason I can almost never perform this shit. For some reason it’s just impossible for me to parry immediately after a feint…

• :D lol don’t nerf my exploit because how else can I beat a MaA lol :D

I disagree

• @BillDoor:

:D lol don’t nerf my exploit because how else can I beat a MaA lol :D

I disagree

Agreed, isn’t the main issue with maa, just the 1h face hugging issue that is SUPPOSED to be fixed in the next patch?

• Never really saw this one as that big a deal. I do however, remember back in the day, when I could simply win fights, by stepping outside of my opponent’s range, letting him miss, then follow up with my own strike, while he is in recovery.

Against exceptional players, This can be a real nightmare. Often I must result to stamina sapping, and going for sneaky stabs and strikes around their sides!

Or of course, sneaking up behind them and slapping them with your Zweihander!! har-har!

• @Falc:

It is pretty much impossible to play against good MaA without this.

But if maa’s can do this too, doesn’t this make it just as bad? Infact it would make it easier for them as one of their more common mistakes is going in for a stab after your first “missed” swing and getting hit by your combo?
    I’m not familiar with the execution of this action, but is it possible for this kind of parry during a forward dodge?

@Yarnu:

Or of course, sneaking up behind them and slapping them with your Zweihander!! har-har!

Like the sneaky Ninja you are :x

• this kind of helps the argument about feinting. The reason he can do that is because he can feint at the end of the strikes release to bypass recovery, he could also most likely follow that up with an attack, and yet people say that you can judge late-feints … :?

• I’m a Maa myself, i use to complain about this in the past, i don’t use it my self but with time i learn to deal with it, 95% of vang, knight use that in a certain level, some more often than other but still most of them loose vs me, so in the end i’m fine with that, if it’s removed, the fight will just looks more boring and slow, it is just like the fast overhead thing (of course i’m not consider this as an exploit like fast parry)if it’s remove, the fight are gonna be so slow……

• the downside of this tactic is it burns a lot of stamina becuase you are feinting to parry each block… so eventually you will have more stamina if you can keep up the aggression, wait for the stamina lock, and then get your free hit in at the end of it, and possibly combo into more attacks for the kill. It’s a big stamina burner is what it is. It’s pretty lame when you see it… but if you’re aggressive it can fall to your benefit in the end… CAN… but it’s still a bad thing to have in the game, at least that late in the swing to overcome the recovery time, shouldn’t be able to do that.

• Nerft it / Delete it, NOAW! I experience this alot (as shield user), and it’s too op against shield users!

• @Falc:

Well we all know this was not intended to be in the game by TBS. However this “exploit” has turned out to be very beneficial to gameplay. “Fixing” it would really break the game. It is pretty much impossible to play against good MaA without this. Every time they dodge an attack they would get a free hit. A huge nerf to dodge would have to come with the “fix” for combo-feint-parry.

Well it’s pretty much impossible to play as good competitive knight or vanguard without it. You want to be top level, you have to use it otherwise people will just punish you for your mistakes severely.
    It’s kind of like get out of jail free card, knights/vanguards version of maa dodge. People started to depend on this unintended “feature” instead of footwork so they don’t really have to worry about penalty from missing your strike.
    That’s why so called dancing is effective, because there is no real punishment (except stamina) from constantly missing combos if you dance right.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Well it’s pretty much impossible to play as good competitive knight or vanguard without it. You want to be top level, you have to use it otherwise people will just punish you for your mistakes severely.

And now do people understand why I get pissed when people say super-dodge shouldnt be allowed? Combo-feint to parry is far more overpowered than a small distance increase that you can do with dodge in only 1 direction and in 1 circumstance possible.

I mean, hell, let’s all agree that the one weakness of a slow weapon was its recovery time, but let’s all keep being able to bypass that mechanic of the game, because we’re all too greedy. WHAT? Maa’s can dodge forward 25% further and only while swinging? NERF!

But hey, I don’t complain about it, because you can fight against it; just like you can with super-dodging. It’s another OPTION in the game; but still people will continue to decide arbitrarily what is acceptable and what isn’t and poisoning this game’s community with their toxic ideals.

• :D lol don’t nerf my ability to parry anything from anywhere anytime because I want to be a competitive Knight and can’t do that without exploitssssss lol :D

And this is why I would never join a clan.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@rumpelstiltskin:

And now do people understand why I get pissed when people say super-dodge shouldnt be allowed? Combo-feint to parry is far more overpowered than a small distance increase that you can do with dodge in only 1 direction and in 1 circumstance possible.

I mean, hell, let’s all agree that the one weakness of a slow weapon was its recovery time, but let’s all keep being able to bypass that mechanic of the game, because we’re all too greedy. WHAT? Maa’s can dodge forward 25% further and only while swinging? NERF!

But hey, I don’t complain about it, because you can fight against it; just like you can with super-dodging. It’s another OPTION in the game; but still people will continue to decide arbitrarily what is acceptable and what isn’t and poisoning this game’s community with their toxic ideals.

They should both be removed. Both are getting abused so much, it’s not even funny. If you can’t fight without these 2 exploits, it means you rely on these exploits, exploiting losers.

• @ameleke:

They should both be removed. Both are getting abused so much, it’s not even funny. If you can’t fight without these 2 exploits, it means you rely on these exploits, exploiting losers.

As I’ve stated before. LG is the only NA clan that bans super-dodge in scrims, so I don’t use it. I still do extremely well; obviously I don’t rely on it as much as you think? My point is that the super-dodge is only an OPTION, and does not give such a game-changing imbalanced advantage that combo-feinting to parry does; not even close.

The issue with this recovery time bypassing is that it makes 1 handers completely useless in a team situation compared to a 2 hander, unless you’re a Maa of course.

Like I said before; the only reason there’s so much stigma about the super-dodge is because people have it engraved in their mind that it is DOUBLE the distance, due to the shitty video in the bug forums that does the worst job at demonstrating mechanics I’ve ever seen. Root says we’re going to record this tomorrow (like I believe him), and we’ll have the comparison uploaded by tomorrow or the next day.