Bring back parry damage with 1 handers

• For those of you who don’t know, Age of Chivalry, the original, had a mechanic that would give you partial damage if you tried to parry a weapon bigger than yours without a shield. This worked for all 2 handers including the knight sword that could be used as a 1 hander. This was a great mechanic because it helped slower weapons a lot against faster classes. Being able to parry a 2 hander with a 1 hander is silly in my opinion considering the huge advantages they already have over 2 handers. Typically, classes using 1 handers without a shield are Archers and MAA which both have the option of wielding them. Light armor classes should be forced to use their move and attack speed advantages to overcome more powerful but slower opponents. Allowing them to parry large weapons with a dinner knife only gives them a bigger advantage. Besides MAA already has a dodge that should be necessary in fighting. But in the current meta all they have to do is facehug and they win because their weapons also go through most blocks. I’ve honestly never felt dirtier than playing a MAA out of any game. Anyways, There are many things this game could use to improve but this would surely help.

• I would actually say 2h weapons have an advanatage already… 1h weapons may be great for some things, but not everything… Imagine a FFA game where everyone played…van…guards… Ok so anyway, 1h weapons shouldnt be penalized any more (except the falchion) and 2h shouldnt be buffed any more (except the maul).

• @Slaughtervomit:

I would actually say 2h weapons have an advanatage already… 1h weapons may be great for some things, but not everything… Imagine a FFA game where everyone played…van…guards… Ok so anyway, 1h weapons shouldnt be penalized any more (except the falchion) and 2h shouldnt be buffed any more (except the maul).

The falchion’s tracers are just a little weird. And the third person modl is shorten than the first person model.

Though I hated the one hand parry Damage.

• Archers would be screwed then. They don’t have dodge. As much as I hate them… That’s not fair. Granted the face hugging spam and cudgel aren’t fair to others.

• Would not fit in this game imho.

• Not parry damage. But rather that they get the wind knocked out of them. I think there’s already a greater stamina loss when parrying 2h-weapons with a 1h. But there should be like… a different parry animation when there’s a 2h vs 1h, which of course will just be 0.5 +/- seconds longer than the regular parry, and the animation itself will imitate a difficult parry. A sliiight stumble, for example.

• parry is already bad enough (because of feints) … why would we nerf it more? This could only be done in combination with other offsetting changes. I personally think it’s fine.

• Damage with blocking? No thanks that’s why I never block at all in Skyrim.

• @ReMixx:

Archers would be screwed then. They don’t have dodge. As much as I hate them… That’s not fair. Granted the face hugging spam and cudgel aren’t fair to others.

Face hugging works best with axes or the falchion. I find with the cudgel I usually get blocked even while facehugging. I rely mainly on people spamming right click so they parry in between my hits.

• agree to remixx. Mh maybe just only the daggers when out of stam. like add some damage while they are flinched. cus 2hander vs dagger is obviously weird but possible. But without stamXD i mean ah cmon, just die!