Friday Update: What we're up to! May 10, 2013

• @Planetus:

I will continue to barrage Kimi with bug reports so that the next communications update is just one giant list.

Be sure to bug her that the in-game server browser still has issues.

• Viewing info of a server doesn’t always show anything

• Clicking the view info server popup’s refresh button does nothing

• If a friend is on a full server and you try to join it - you get the full server message as intended, but when you click refresh again, the friends list shows ALL servers instead of just what servers your friends are on

• It would be better if the friends list tab had a column for friend name so that you could see at a glance which server your friends are on (this would mean for duplicate server entries if more than one friend is on the same server)

• Join queue please

• It would also be cool if the server browser didn’t completely suck in all imaginable ways.

• @ReMixx:

What? People actually use that. Makes no sense.

• @ReMixx:

@Planetus:

I will continue to barrage Kimi with bug reports so that the next communications update is just one giant list.

• If a friend is on a full server and you try to join it - you get the full server message as intended, but when you click refresh again, the friends list shows ALL servers instead of just what servers your friends are on

• It would be better if the friends list tab had a column for friend name so that you could see at a glance which server your friends are on (this would mean for duplicate server entries if more than one friend is on the same server)

• Join queue please

• ENTER BUTTON SHOULD ACTIVATE JOINING A SERVER OR THE “OK” PROMPT, IT SHOULD NOT GO BACK TO MAIN MENU. SINCE WHEN IS ENTER A BACK BUTTON? ARARARAR - Bob

• @Kimiko:

• Global banlist is now fully functional again

Yay! Now we can ban that little DICK fondler :)

• @Ho_BoY:

@Kimiko:

• Global banlist is now fully functional again

Yay! Now we can ban that little DICK fondler :)

;)

Also, those of you who feel the need to message me things on steam about “things” like bug reports, well, let me direct you to our good friend SLYGOAT applause. He’s the QA guy. He LOVES your messages and that’s his job. I’m off duty poof

8-)

Kidding of course, feel free to message me your spam. No guarantees though :queen:

• @gregcau:

every Friday an update?

wtf

even major developers don’t do that.

Torn Banner Studios never said that they would release a game update every Friday, but a communications update rather, a newsletter, if you will.

• @Keith:

With that said, I would also like to thank Kimi for all her hard work as community manager and everything she does for us. The interviews, the newsletter, the updates, the conversations and overall just being really good to us all. Her and the team work hard, continue to work hard and will always do their best to provide us with updates, patches, new content and a lot more that will help shape the game into the goals and ideas that the team has set. We, the community, will get the treat of being along for the ride and get to see the team and ourselves grow through everything.

Once again, thank you all. :)

I read this and meant to reply earlier and then I completely forgot when I posted. Thank you Keith for your kind message. Everyone at TBS has been working hard and I’m just here to say that everyone does listen. We’re not perfect by any means, but we do listen and try to do what we can to make everyone happy. Granted, this can’t always be the case, but hopefully you all can see that changes have occurred for the better. So thank you. I greatly appreciate it and glad you are all here! :) Let’s have “FUN”! ;)

• @Kimiko:

We’re not perfect by any means,

Except that godly man Sir Loin. He has the voice of a thousand kings, and the hair more delicate than golden fur. His mighty shout drives away all that oppose him and he creates thunder just by clapping. Every time there is a earthquake, it’s Sir Loins laughing.

THY NOISE IS THY GAME, THY SIR LOIN IS THY NAME! HAIL HAIL!

• @BobT36:

@ReMixx:

@Planetus:

• Join queue please

• ENTER BUTTON SHOULD ACTIVATE JOINING A SERVER OR THE “OK” PROMPT, IT SHOULD NOT GO BACK TO MAIN MENU. SINCE WHEN IS ENTER A BACK BUTTON? ARARARAR - Bob

No mention of the fact that when you pull up a server’s info, then use the Connect button in that window, it will join the server that is in the list underneath the Connect button instead of the one you pulled the info for?

Kind of a bad explanation, but the click first highlights another server in the list and then clicks connect, which makes you join the wrong game. Incredibly annoying.

• Awesome,

Can someone help me with one thing. The link provided to add private server to the global ban list… err vice versa, that link shows someone’s issue with something and nothing else. There’s some line i was given the other day in a post, they told me the file to edit, and what to put in the specific lines like replacing engine.engine to something else, etc etc.

I want to add the global ban list server to my private server, i want the hackers to stay out too… so can someone point me in the right direction there? The post kimi linked to is unclear, and seems to be missing the first part of the conversation. No idea how to decipher that lol

• @Kimiko:

@Keith:

With that said, I would also like to thank Kimi for all her hard work as community manager and everything she does for us. The interviews, the newsletter, the updates, the conversations and overall just being really good to us all. Her and the team work hard, continue to work hard and will always do their best to provide us with updates, patches, new content and a lot more that will help shape the game into the goals and ideas that the team has set. We, the community, will get the treat of being along for the ride and get to see the team and ourselves grow through everything.

Once again, thank you all. :)

I read this and meant to reply earlier and then I completely forgot when I posted. Thank you Keith for your kind message. Everyone at TBS has been working hard and I’m just here to say that everyone does listen. We’re not perfect by any means, but we do listen and try to do what we can to make everyone happy. Granted, this can’t always be the case, but hopefully you all can see that changes have occurred for the better. So thank you. I greatly appreciate it and glad you are all here! :) Let’s have “FUN”! ;)

Were you also going to ask her out to dinner Keith? haha :)

• Invite totalbiscuit as VA and I will be more than happy.

• @clayton-bigsby:

Awesome,

Can someone help me with one thing. The link provided to add private server to the global ban list… err vice versa, that link shows someone’s issue with something and nothing else. There’s some line i was given the other day in a post, they told me the file to edit, and what to put in the specific lines like replacing engine.engine to something else, etc etc.

I want to add the global ban list server to my private server, i want the hackers to stay out too… so can someone point me in the right direction there? The post kimi linked to is unclear, and seems to be missing the first part of the conversation. No idea how to decipher that lol

Clayton, I’ll send you a PM.

• Friday is coming, I hope you guys from Tom Banner’s computer assembly blah are going to have something to talk about!
    Otherwise, I’ll hunt you down with my mighty zwei : p

• @Alucard:

Friday is coming, I hope you guys from Tom Banner’s computer assembly blah are going to have something to talk about!
    Otherwise, I’ll hunt you down with my mighty zwei : p

Yup, I never said we’d talk about specific things, right? Just things the developers are working on…

Well, they could working on making something for dinner. So maybe I’ll talk about that :P

• @Mystikkal:

Were you also going to ask her out to dinner Keith? haha :)

You ruined my surprise. :( I was going to ask the fair lady out to a night of Medieval Times. We’d eat a wonderful meal togther, laugh, then proceed to recreate this scene:

IwOi1tDAL_Y

• @Kimiko:

Well, they could working on making something for dinner.

@Keith:

You ruined my surprise. :( I was going to ask the fair lady out to a night of Medieval Times.

Well then the developers should go to

http://www.medievaltimes.com/toronto.aspx

• @gregcau:

@Kimiko:

Well, they could working on making something for dinner.

@Keith:

You ruined my surprise. :( I was going to ask the fair lady out to a night of Medieval Times.

Well then the developers should go to

http://www.medievaltimes.com/toronto.aspx

Just developers? That should be a community event. Anyone agree? :D

• Would love to go but I’m not allowed back into Canada. It’s not like the moose had a ring on or anything … :(