Why can you no longer change weapons after a javelin throw?

• Why was this feature changed? This has made javelins a once very powerful close quarters option for archers, now it is certain death if you miss in close quarters. I don’t think it was imbalanced before, and now it has made Javelins much worse than they once were. Will this ever be changed?

It is like forcing you to reload a Crossbow before being able to change weapons, yet they weren’t victim to this change like Javelins were.

• Why was this feature changed? This has made javelins a once very powerful close quarters option for archers, now it is certain death if you miss in close quarters.

I don’t think you should be using javelins in close quarters so I am somewhat OK with this change, even when I play as javelineer.

• @Borge:

Why was this feature changed?

Its not new, been around a while. Take the short spear the recovery to use your shield or switch weapons is faster.

I guess they put an overall hold on the queue to prevent throwing javelins too quickly.

• @gregcau:

@Borge:

Why was this feature changed?

Its not new, been around a while. Take the short spear the recovery to use your shield or switch weapons is faster.

I guess they put an overall hold on the queue to prevent throwing javelins too quickly.

Why not just restart the reloading animation and force it to play when you pull the javelins back out after changing weapons straight after a throw. Blocking and sprinting should also restart the animation, locking you into doing nothing for 2-3 seconds while you pull out another javelin is ridiculous.

• im sure it got nerfed along with everything else that didnt need to be, god forbid u could defend urself after kicking, shooting or throwing a javelin right, that would be too OP,expecially since u die in 1 hit, such moronic thinking is pitifull

i can hear the babies crying OP already gosh

This game is slipping downhill so fast its not even funny.
    sumtimes i dnt know why they even let the archer or maa even have the ability to move,lol.
    god forbid sum kid got killed by them!

• @Borge:

Why not just restart the reloading animation and force it to play when you pull the javelins back out after changing weapons straight after a throw. Blocking and sprinting should also restart the animation, locking you into doing nothing for 2-3 seconds while you pull out another javelin is ridiculous.

Oh its annoying, I figured it was a quick fix and hopefully the javelin will get some love soon.