The Nightmare : Feint Patch

• I don’t know about you guys but having to relearn the entire way the combat with feints works after playing 500 damn hours is not my cup of tea.

1- FEINTS ARE FINE THEY WAY THEY ARE NOW ! (It’s all explained in the tutorial, go play that until you learn)

2- DON’T KNOW HOW TO TELL A FEINT ? get a friend tell him to SPAM feint on you until your learn.

3- DESPITE ALL THIS YOU HATE FEINTS, YOU DON’T USE IT THEREFORE YOU GET OWNED (then I’m sorry this basic game mechanic has been there since the start, maybe this game is not for you we would appreciate if you go play some other game you like while letting this game WE like the way it is.

This is my opinion, you may not like it then I’m sorry this is the internet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XFtr0Dn4_U&list=HL1368274388&feature=mh_lolz

• What about face-hugging+secondary weapon feinting?

• :roll:

• @Matti:

What about face-hugging+secondary weapon feinting?

never heard of it, never seen it.

that’s a nice mix to get high score people kicked tho.

• Feinting isn’t fine until they add in damage loss for the start and end of swings, point blank thrusting also should not work.

A hit at the start of a swing should do 80-95% less damage, not disrupt, and should halt the attack as if hitting a wall.

• @cygnus:

I don’t know about you guys but having to relearn the entire way the combat with feints works after playing 500 damn hours is not my cup of tea.

What you can’t adapt? I guess that is good for new players then.

Anyway feint patch is still unknown what changes will come about so you are being premature with complaining.

• You can alter the timing of weapons by using feint. The only skill involved with this is learning the timings but it still always favors the attacker.
    It’s the bugs and exploits associated with the mechanic that are the problem.
    You can feint parry an attack but you can’t feint parry a parry. Once you understand what that really means you’ll understand why you’re wrong.

• @cygnus:

I don’t know about you guys but having to relearn the entire way the combat with feints works after playing 500 damn hours is not my cup of tea.

1- FEINTS ARE FINE THEY WAY THEY ARE NOW ! (It’s all explained in the tutorial, go play that until you learn)

2- DON’T KNOW HOW TO TELL A FEINT ? get a friend tell him to SPAM feint on you until your learn.

3- DESPITE ALL THIS YOU HATE FEINTS, YOU DON’T USE IT THEREFORE YOU GET OWNED (then I’m sorry this basic game mechanic has been there since the start, maybe this game is not for you we would appreciate if you go play some other game you like while letting this game WE like the way it is.

This is my opinion, you may not like it then I’m sorry this is the internet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XFtr0Dn4_U&list=HL1368274388&feature=mh_lolz

Well, that’s your problem dude. It’s gonna be changed, if you like it or not. Many people hate feint spammers, including me. A friend to feint spam and learn… learn what? You can’t read (late) feints you know, but I thought a guy who invested 500 hours in this game, would know that by now. if you don’t like it, then go play something else or just go

[image:oywd9blk]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/BigNightIGN/MAIN/kenpark-suicide1.gif[/image:oywd9blk]

• The feint patch as it is currently designed will not even nerf feints severely at all. If you execute them correctly they will still be impossible to read. Maybe 0.001% of human beings have 150 ms reaction times, but the vast majority if not every single person that plays the game cannot react to that, especially when there are so many other variables to constantly keep track of beyond just an opponent’s attack.

Hopefully they still allow feinting anytime during the windup so feinting to parry is not affected; merely disabling the ability to immediately attack if you feinted past the cutoff point. As for not allowing multiple feints in a row, that’s fine… I’m more in favor of increasing the stamina cost for chained feints, but either way it’s better, spamming anything should be discouraged.

You can state your opinion as you like, just as I have been for months. At the end of the day the developers will decide who they agree with and that’s that, all you can do is attempt to make the most reasoned and valid arguments for your position.

So far you’ve failed.

• I find this very funny… Says “learn 2 adapt, baddies” then complains that he will have to adapt to a change in the game. What a hypocrite.

I hope he uninstalls.

btw Ameleke, nice gif!

• I don’t think there will be major feint changes, just small tweaks for onehanders and stabfeints i hope :)

No need for major feint changes, the people who want that are just a very small minority who bark the loudest on these forums.

• 1- FEINTS ARE FINE THEY WAY THEY ARE NOW ! (It’s all explained in the tutorial, go play that until you learn)

What do you mean it’s all explained in the tutorial? The tutorial doesn’t explain jack about defending against feints.

Right - I’m going to explain this once, and only once, so you’re going to listen.

Some feints you CAN defend against:

1. Retarded feints. This includes either feints which are done at the very beginning of the windup and feints which are done when the attacker is miles out of range.
    2. LMB feints, spear/polearm stabs feints. These can be read (albeit it’s almost impossible if left late enough) since there is a definite movement which heralds the start of the swing and there is a little bit of time in between the beginning of the swing and the impact (but this does not apply to all stabs. Swords in particular are impossible because there is not enough of a ‘thrust’ motion when the attacker moves forward).
    3. NORMAL Overhead feints (again, assuming it isn’t left until too late).

Now, here are the feints you CAN’T defend against (and when I say can’t, I mean it’s physically impossible):

1. Feints left until the late stage of the windup.
    2. Any lookdown overhead feint, or an alt attack feint with a sword. They strike instantly; to block these, you have to parry during the windup - therefore by sheer logic these feints are unreadable.
    3. Any 1-handed feint (there may be 1 or 2 exceptions, such as a dane axe LMB swing at decent range). Again, to block these you pretty much have to parry during the windup.
    4. Combo feints (unless it’s a ‘retarded feint’).

Don’t you dare come and tell me that you can block any of these feints without any guesswork.

• Expert reporting in.

Cyg doesnt want feints changed for entirely person reasons, your style is feint reliant. You’d have to play completely differently without the ability to stay in combo and spam feint on attacks.

Humans require 200 ms to perceive and respond to a stimuli, anything below that is appeasement.

Realize the devs WANT a luck based free hit mechanic in their game. It is up to the community to remind them, over and over again if necessary, that a free hit luck based mechanic in a competitive game is stupid.

its up to those of us with experience, skill, and time logged to remind them not to value the opinions of the nubs with 20 hours and no understanding of combat mechanics, over ours. And most importantly it is our responsibility to encourage them to make good meaningful changes that will result in the best game, rather than encouraging only things that help our specific (possibly heavy-mechanic exploit based) styles.

The biggest problem in this community is the large amount of stupidity. The pro feint position already lost quite a while ago, all they have left is fear. They’re the conservative republicans, telling us if we remove feints the entire institution of chivalry will collapse, even if it is clearly the right thing to do.

The argument about ability to ‘read’ feints is dead. People can’t. People couldn’t even with the feint changes in the beta build. They’re not readable.

its a free hit luck mechanic, you can’t even be admitted to the discussion if you’re not willing to start from that premise, and it took thread after thread after thread for the collective discussion to move that far.

The solution is either their removal, or flash feints. Limit the ability to feint, so that you can only do it in the first few instants of windup. That will let you cancel attacks and also make a sudden body movement to a ‘strike’ like position, that will still fool people some of the time.

• @JCash:

The argument about ability to ‘read’ feints is dead. People can’t. People couldn’t even with the feint changes in the beta build. They’re not readable.

That’s basically the whole problem. The inability to read good (read: late) feints many times makes it a guessing game. As its solely dependent on the players and not some random number generator I do not see a big issue with competetive play (its psychological after all). Still it adds frustration and does not help the feeling of the game.

Removing feints wouldn’t make the game better in my opinion but making them readable would. If you could only feint during the first 50% (exact values should be tested) of your windup people had time to react even if you are feinting as late as possible while facehugging and eating grass.

• The feint patch is not going to affect competitive play at all.

It’s not going to appease the people who cried about doing 3 feints in a row before swinging either, because now the people who previously spammed feints will have more stamina!

Anything more than a single feint was completely useless and a waste of stamina.

@JCash:

Humans require 200 ms to perceive and respond to a stimuli, anything below that is appeasement.

Unless you’re an ace fighter pilot. Those people have insane reflexes.

• Obvious point, nobody (competitively) falls for a feint if the feinter is out of range.

So its only the in range feint that you fall for, the closer they are the more likely you are to fall for the feint.

But if you are on the defensive in close range - isn’t it your fault in the first place. Did you not fail in some way to be parrying at close range?

• I was on the server last night when Cygnus was ranting about feinting being changed. He was yelling in chat and everything because the entire server disagreed with him.

He got wrecked, too. By people who don’t feint. Lol.

• @Amplar:

I was on the server last night when Cygnus was ranting about feinting being changed. He was yelling in chat and everything because the entire server disagreed with him.

lol, he is in JCash’s clan right?

• @gregcau:

@Amplar:

I was on the server last night when Cygnus was ranting about feinting being changed. He was yelling in chat and everything because the entire server disagreed with him.

If so, after this post not any longer I guess xD

• @HammelGammel:

@gregcau:

@Amplar:

If so, after this post not any longer I guess xD

Firstly the gap between forum shit talk and the reality of gameplay is vast. No one thinks cyg is bad.

And people don’t get kicked out of my clan for being wrong, not everyone can be perfect. There is only one of me.