*URGENT Votekick Needs Serious Reworking!

• Dear Devs,
    I am seriously sick and tired of being votekicked by kids who are mad about losing at this game. It is always the best players that get kicked in public servers just for playing well. And when I personally get kicked 4 times within the space of 2 hours I no longer want to play the game!

In my opinion the % of Yes votes needs to be higher AT LEAST 60% if not more. 50% doesn’t account for all the players whom just press Yes without thinking.

• Americans and Europeans do that. Vote yes instinctivly. Don’t know why they just do. I’ve watched many videos and played in servers over there. The attitude is “fuck it who cares vote yes”.

Australians and New Zealanders are the opposite. They vote no instinctivly. That meant before team damage and idle time was displayed the votes always failed. Even when legitimate. That made illegitimate votekicks very rare. Though even when the person has got 400 ping people still vote no as its not displayed by the box. Usually have to initiate it a second time.

I remember the days of votekick being only a console command. There was always at least one person on the server that knew the command. And the ones that knew the command used it when others complained about someone.

Changing the percentage has different effects in different parts of the world. So its a tricky one.

• Well then I’d quite like to live over there in Australasia :)

However, if you are right and people only vote when the player has really done something wrong then I think increasing the percentage requirement to 60% wouldn’t affect things much. Usually when I get kicked unnecessarily it is something like 56% of players voting yes. Well, I really hope that the devs do something about this because everything else is great about this game. Very fun.

• @Soulie:

In my opinion the % of Yes votes needs to be higher AT LEAST 60% if not more. 50% doesn’t account for all the players whom just press Yes without thinking.

Its 65% on the official servers, 50% is the default most private admins dont change.

• @Soulie:

If a player has 40% team damage, there are lots of guys who vote NO on kicking him. Probably because they’re checking which team he is on and voting NO if he’s on the opposing team.

• @lemonater47:

Americans and Europeans do that. Vote yes instinctivly. Don’t know why they just do. I’ve watched many videos and played in servers over there. The attitude is “fuck it who cares vote yes”.

Australians and New Zealanders are the opposite. They vote no instinctivly. That meant before team damage and idle time was displayed the votes always failed. Even when legitimate. That made illegitimate votekicks very rare. Though even when the person has got 400 ping people still vote no as its not displayed by the box. Usually have to initiate it a second time.

I remember the days of votekick being only a console command. There was always at least one person on the server that knew the command. And the ones that knew the command used it when others complained about someone.

Changing the percentage has different effects in different parts of the world. So its a tricky one.

I like how you actually believe you have real statistical evidence supporting those sweeping generalizations… Like you’ve played around the world so much that your hugely anecdotal evidence is now fact and not complete bullshit that you’re spewing in everyone’s face.

• @Slight:

I like how you actually believe you have real statistical evidence supporting those sweeping generalizations… Like you’ve played around the world so much that your hugely anecdotal evidence is now fact and not complete bullshit that you’re spewing in everyone’s face.

But, but all the Australians and New Zealanders I have met have been so nice. I think he is right.

I think its the sun and girls with hot accents that make them much more cool.

• Only seen it happen once or twice very rarely on Oceanic servers, but it does need fixing.

• @gregcau:

@Slight:

But, but all the Australians and New Zealanders I have met have been so nice. I think he is right.

I think its the sun and girls with hot accents that make them much more cool.

But we hate each other quite a bit. “The place where you call your mates cunts and strangers mate”.

And Slight, am I wrong? Got any evidence to the contrary?

• It is a difficult thing to handle, you will always get people who vote-kick just for their own amusement.
    I always check the players ping and score, never agree to vote-kick for idle time or anything else.
    After that, I simply go by the one rule, if the person being vote-kicked doesn’t reply or no one vouches for him, they might as-well be kicked. As soon as they chat I’ll instantly change my vote to NO.

Also, The team damage percentage is one of the worst things for a vote-kick menu. So many times someone has accidentally attacked or tk’d upon joining and get kicked with 100% team damage, because they haven’t even been able to attack the enemy team just yet. No amount of sorry in the chat seems to stop them from getting kicked either.

• @jrmftw:

It is a difficult thing to handle, you will always get people who vote-kick just for their own amusement.
    I always check the players ping and score, never agree to vote-kick for idle time or anything else.
    After that, I simply go by the one rule, if the person being vote-kicked doesn’t reply or no one vouches for him, they might as-well be kicked. As soon as they chat I’ll instantly change my vote to NO.

Also, The team damage percentage is one of the worst things for a vote-kick menu. So many times someone has accidentally attacked or tk’d upon joining and get kicked with 100% team damage, because they haven’t even been able to attack the enemy team just yet. No amount of sorry in the chat seems to stop them from getting kicked either.

Number of TKs is even worse. Could have killed no one but has been attacking go team the whole time. Could of killed lots of team mates but all accidental and the player is near the top of the scoreboard.

I got a triple teamkill trying to kill malric with a vanguard sword charge. Hit about 5 people and killed 3 people all team mates. I say sorry. Then mentioned I got a triple team kill and get votekicked by someone who I didn’t kill at all. Lucky it was down to team damage which was 6% and it failed with 78% in favour of no. If t was by team kills it would of have said about 5. The guy just called out teamkiller. But we know a dick when we see one. And malric died on the next charge.

• I think the generalisation about it being less common in Australasia might be right as I see so many threads here about this being a problem and it’s never been my experience.

I think it’s also far more common in FFA which I almost never play.