Keybinding all these attacks :S

• So there is what 6 attacks in this game now? A stab, slash and overhead? And alternate versions of each? And I think they vary from weapon to weapon. Like one of the alternate attacks for the halberd is big underhand. And then there is block, feint, kick, uhmm shield bash.

The question is how do you go about mapping all these different moves on your mouse and keyboard.

I want to be able to have comfortable access to every type of move while still being able to mouse look around comfortably.

This seems to be impossible so i’m wondering if anyone has figured out a highly effective way of mapping all these keys.

• I’ll mention my key mappings here.

Primary - LMB
    Secondary - foreward button on the mouse (one on the side by my thumb)
    Thirdinary - Scroll wheel click

ALT Primary - hold back button on mouse and click LMB
    ALT Secondary (might be thirdinary actaully) - E
    AlT Thirdinary (or secondary) - Honestly i’m not sure I can’t seem to find room…

Block - RMB
    Feint - Q
    Shield Bash - hold back button on mouse and click RMB

Okay, so I should explain I have a Roccat Kone + mouse that has this feature where I click and hold my back button on my mouse and then I can click any other button for a different registered button press. Thus I can map different attacks. This seems to work out pretty well, and is comfortable enough. I’d say right now for me the biggest issue is with my stab attack being mapped to my forward button on my mouse. Even though it’s easier to reach than back it seems to make it harder to look around comfortably when simply pressing that button than holding my back button and clicking other buttons.

I’ve been trying to figure out a good setup for a while. It wasn’t a problem until they introduced all these alternate attacks.

Frankly I hardly play now because I don’t like the feeling of not having comfortable access to all my options.

I’m all for variety, but if it feels like my controls are incapable of utilizing it, what’s the point?

• I use a Razor Nostromo and use the thumb pad for parry and weapon switches. The thumb Hi-hat is 8 positions but I only use the main 4.

UP = Parry
    Left = Primary weapon
    Right = Secondary weapon
    Down = Horizontal Swing
    Extra Button above thumb pad = Third weapon
    Extra Button below thumb pad = “Space bar” Which I have in game configed to do aiming, zoom, projectile cam, one button dodge

I also use a Logitec G500 gaming mouse. So my button load out looks like this:

Mouse Wheel Down= Alt Overhead
    Mouse Wheel Up = Overhead
    Mouse Wheel Left side= Horizontal Swing
    Mouse Wheel R side = Alt Swing
    Left Mouse Button = Stab
    Right Mouse Button = Jump
    Forward Mouse Thumb button = Crouch
    Back Mouse Button = Crouch

The advantages to having a gaming mouse gives you 2 more buttons on the wheel both left and right and works perfectly for the attacks, directionally and for combos. Doubling up on some attacks and actions works better than assigning a macro, at least for me.

As far as the Nostromo keypad, once you go black you never go back.

• Also okay earlier today I was able to do 2 kinds of shield bash.

One where I could bash with the face of my shield, and one where I could bash with the edge.

Now I can only seem to do one…what the fuck is with that?

I thought I could kick on top of my 2 shield attacks but I might be mistaken there.

However, my alternate attack button is now never working no matter what I map it to when it was just earlier today. I’ve been spending the last hour trying to figure out some decent keybinds. Jesus fucking christ game it’s bad enough you have way more attacks then you need but how am I supposed to keybind them properly when your being a glitchy piece of shit and not even working right?

• @Retsnom:

I use a Razor Nostromo and use the thumb pad for parry and weapon switches. The thumb Hi-hat is 8 positions but I only use the main 4.

UP = Parry
    Left = Primary weapon
    Right = Secondary weapon
    Down = Horizontal Swing
    Extra Button above thumb pad = Third weapon
    Extra Button below thumb pad = “Space bar” Which I have in game configed to do aiming, zoom, projectile cam, one button dodge

I also use a Logitec G500 gaming mouse. So my button load out looks like this:

Mouse Wheel Down= Alt Overhead
    Mouse Wheel Up = Overhead
    Mouse Wheel Left side= Horizontal Swing
    Mouse Wheel R side = Alt Swing
    Left Mouse Button = Stab
    Right Mouse Button = Jump
    Forward Mouse Thumb button = Crouch
    Back Mouse Button = Crouch

The advantages to having a gaming mouse gives you 2 more buttons on the wheel both left and right and works perfectly for the attacks, directionally and for combos. Doubling up on some attacks and actions works better than assigning a macro, at least for me.

As far as the Nostromo keypad, once you go black you never go back.

That sounds like a good setup.

I have left and right scroll wheel buttons but then don’t work for mapping in the game. Also with my scroll wheel not every scroll up or down registers so it’s unreliable for mapping a combat button too…or any button for that matter. That’s why I stick with a scroll wheel click for an attack.

• @MrAndrooson:

Thirdinary - Scroll wheel click

lol… You do mean tertiary, right?

• @MrAndrooson:

Also okay earlier today I was able to do 2 kinds of shield bash.

One where I could bash with the face of my shield, and one where I could bash with the edge.

I would like to know about this as well. What causes each one to come out and are there any functional differences?

• Arrows - movement
    Shift - sprint
    Num 0 - dodge
    Ctrl - kick
    Enter - use

LMB - swing
    RMB - parry, feint
    RUp - stab
    RDown - overhead

Delete - alt-swing
    End - alt-overhead
    Ins - battlecry
    Home - emotes
    PgUp - commands

Only problem I have is Jump - got it on Num1, but there is “End” as a function on Shift, so I can’t jump while sprinting…:/

• WSAD - Movement
    ALT - Jump
    C - Crouch
    X - Sprint / Zoom
    Shift - Dodge
    F - Kick / Reload
    Q / Mousewheel - Feint
    E - Use
    T - BattleCry
    V - ArrowCam
    F1 - Scoreboard
    Other F Keys - Change Teams, Voice Commands, Spawn Forward etc.

LMB - Slash
    RMB - Overhead
    \ - Stab / Zoom
    Space - Parry
    Buttom Mouse Thumb button - ALT Slash
    Top Mouse Thumb button - Can’t remember. ;x
    MousewheelClick - ALT Overhead

As usual with all my games, keys bound where EVERY button is in reach of a single finger move. Hands can stay in the same place.

@MrAndrooson:

Also okay earlier today I was able to do 2 kinds of shield bash.

May have been either due to having your shield raised before bashing, or you were using Javelineer or Flail knight, both which have a girly “shield slap” style attack on their Secondary Attack button.

• @MrAndrooson:

That sounds like a good setup.

I have left and right scroll wheel buttons but then don’t work for mapping in the game. Also with my scroll wheel not every scroll up or down registers so it’s unreliable for mapping a combat button too…or any button for that matter. That’s why I stick with a scroll wheel click for an attack.

The game doesn’t recognise side wheel button. So you have to use your mouse’s programming software. You should be able to assign those buttons to a keystroke then in game you add those keystrokes to the keybind.

The wheel’s up and down does register in game but how the wheel works is counter intuitive to what you are used to as a single button press. There are lots of spokes in the wheel that register and they register as a single button press. The problem is that when you spin the wheel, it is the same as rapidly pressing a single key. What you have to do is to learn how to single click rotate your wheel and the reliability will increase as you gain the skill.

• LMB = slash
    RMB = block
    Mouse scroll down = alt slash
    Mouse scroll up = Alt overhead
    First side mouse button = poke
    Second side mouse button = Overhead
    E= Use
    F= Feint
    Q= Kick
    C=Crouch
    Mouse scroller click = arrow cam
    ALT = Focus for crossbow

• I bind “use alt attack” to the space-bar so when I want to use an alt attack i just hold space bar and attack with the default mouse wheel and lmb inputs.

• The only alt attack I’ve ever found to be useful is the alt slash. I never ever use the alt overhead or stab, because frankly, whats the point? Aside from the “underhand” alt overhead for polearms, and I never use them.

• @Goatamon:

The only alt attack I’ve ever found to be useful is the alt slash. I never ever use the alt overhead or stab, because frankly, whats the point? Aside from the “underhand” alt overhead for polearms, and I never use them.

The alt overhead with weapons like the Halberd is actually an upper cut swing and incredibly useful as most players are unable to parry it or see it.

• I didn’t even know there was an ALT stab.

I have an extra couple of thumb buttons on my mouse for alt-slash and alt overhead. The only other change is using the middle mouse button for kick rather than F.

• Razer Deathadder :

left button : slash
    right button : cancel attack/parry
    mousewheel up and down : stab and overhead
    thumb mouse button 1 : kick
    thumb mouse button 2 : hold for alt attack
    wheel button : dodge

I think thumb mouse buttons are essential in this game. One thing I don’t understand is using two buttons for alt overhead and swing when only one you have to hold fits perfectly.

• Q= Feint
    LMB= Slash
    RMB= Parry
    F= Kick
    E= Alt Overhead
    V= Use
    R= Alt Slash
    Mouse Wheel Up= Poke
    Mouse Wheel Down= Overhead
    Thumb Button Forward= Dodge

What else do you actually need?