Poor FPS with my HD5770

• Hello. I bought this game today, previously I played Age of Chivalry. I decided to buy it but now I’m very dissapointed. I can run Battlefield 3 on Ultra, but this game is like unplayable. Not smooth at all. And yes, I tried to turn off unnecessary effects, but my FPS barely moved, so…

My rig:
    HD 5770 Hawk
    AMD Phenom X4955 BE
    8GB 1600Mhz Kingston
    500W power supply

Did you forget to implement some kind of optimalization into this game ?

• Turn off SSAO if you’re running it, 5770’s don’t support that feature very well. The game isn’t necessarily hogging up your gpu so much as cpu. Yes the game lacks optimization for cpu (fairly sure it only uses dual core), so higher clocks on your cpu are necessary for frame improvements.

• I can try overclocking my CPU a bit…But I’m not sure if it helps. I can get it on about 3.6 from 3.2 GhZ.

• What frame rate are you getting? What’s your FPS.

• It’s about 40 ± but even that it is not smooth.

• The 5770 is an older card, comparable to the GTX260. 50 FPS would be the high end of your performance.
    Did you lower Ragdoll to 1?

• Nah I did not lower Ragdoll. Is it important ? I would be satisfied with my 40 FPS but it is just not smooth.

• @Cruiser:

Nah I did not lower Ragdoll. Is it important ? I would be satisfied with my 40 FPS but it is just not smooth.

Ragdoll greatly effects fps, because it leaves those bodies lying around which saps precious resources. Turn it to down to see significant improvements.

• @Cruiser:

It’s about 40 ± but even that it is not smooth.

Quit your whining. I have a 5670 and I’m getting 40. Though I also have an i5 3570k at 3.4GHz. And my 5670 isn’t the standard one. Its GDDR5 instead of DDR3, 1GB instead of 512 MB and 790MHz instead of 775MHz further overclocked to 810MHz so not too different to a 5770. Should of been called a 5690.

Your FPS is normal. Its what is expected.

And yes reducing ragdoll helps a lot. And depending on the map depends on the variation. I have mine set on 150 seconds on the ragdoll timer. In an FFA game of 32 players it averages on about two kills a seconda so its about 70-80 bodies at any one time. That’s when I get the lowest amount of FPS.

In TO games its not a constant stream of deaths. Its in waves usually. So FoS will vary lots rather than just go down steadily like in FFA.

Want better FPS get a better graphics card. The 7790 is pretty good. Its the card that bridges the gap between middle range and high end cards. Came out march this year. It about $150. The gigabyte version is the best one and AMD used it in the showdown between it and the new 650. So even AMD knows which is the best one out of them.