Reserved slot for admin?

• Hello how do I make a reserved slot for admin access? I can’t join my server when it’s full.

• Hey there,

there’s nothing like that for Chivalry right now. There are two upcoming patches in the works, whereas the second one to be released is supposed to introduce this feature.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13086

Kind Regards

• Hi there ,

still no reserved slot features?

• Actually not an unnecessary bump to this thread. I’d really, really like to see this as well.

• Haha, nothing worse than being called for help yet unable to join the server.

• Slightly off topic, but I would also love to have a session login for admins, rather than having to login every round.

• This might be of use:

To obtain your hash, open UT2004.log in your

/UT2004/System
    directory. Look for a line like

“id=1212445lksdlsdfsfeee”.
    That is your hash. So, let’s suppose your hash was
    1234567890: You would then add the following line:

ReservedHash=1234567890

The existing ReservedHash=1234567890 in the file is just
    an example line. You can change/delete it if you wish.

–---------------------------------------

bEnableReservedSlots=True
    bMakeRoomByKicking=True
    ReservedHash=1234567890

Someone made a prog you extract and install it might help a code genius to make his unique Chivalry tool:
    http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1112_UAdminMod-0.9.5-BETA-UAM

Lastly if you log in with a password even if server is full you should find yourself in the server, so then I suppose
    swiftly kick somebody off incase it overloads the server.

• The problem is at the moment there’s no way for the engine/server browser to have reserved slots. The only workaround we tested was 3rd party plugins (including the custom SM one and b3 bot) but the best we managed to achieve was a slot reservation that would essentially allow 48 / 50 players to join, but keep the last 2 slots free by kicking people who didn’t appear on a whitelist when they joined.

There was no way to say at 48/50 the server was full and stop people joining. This means we got constant joined/kicked spam which annoys both the people playing on the servers and the people who don’t understand why they were being kicked as soon as they joined. (irrelevant of the kick explanation message)

The only other thing of use is through rcon you can determine who the last to join a server was, a remote tool to kick the last joined player works when an admin needs to join, but not exactly a good solution.

• If you just typed connect with IP number and admin password at the console say in a single player game
    would it not just put you in the server in spec mode unoticed? Do forgive my lack of Chivalry
    server tech but it worked on Q3 servers. Hence you sometimes see 25/24 players
    ( which should say 24/24 ). It was just an idea tbh.

• Yeah, it would essentially mean giving up 1 slot for normal players, right?

Otherwise I’m not sure how Simrai would take it if there were suddenly 9 players playing on my purchased 8 slot server.

• @dudeface:

Haha, nothing worse than being called for help yet unable to join the server.

Many years ago I do remember purchasing a Big Q3ctf server for my clans ( before my server know how )
    but then waiting for 2 hours before I could get in the server because my own clan had filled it up for
    most of the evening.

• @Rickvs:

Yeah, it would essentially mean giving up 1 slot for normal players, right?

Otherwise I’m not sure how Simrai would take it if there were suddenly 9 players playing on my purchased 8 slot server.

Perhaps somebody could try that if they have a server. I always thought servers had some small legroom to get an admin
    on but he would have to drop a player as soon as he got on before server overloaded.