Completely new idea for modders making money

• Ok, a few beers, thinking out the box.

Ok we love the game (well most of except for the trolls that like to cash in on negativity).

A percentage of us would pay for certain mods to add to the game - kind of like DLC.

I would guess TBS is shying away from DLC to avoid raging forum posters.

Ok so what if there was a segment of the community that COULD produce mods - would the rest of the 50,000 or so active players pay for those mods.

Think about it - would you pay $1 for an agreed upon cool map?

I would pay $10 for it for sure.

So the question is whether there are modders with skills (UDK maps and unreal script) to produce very cool voted the best maps for the rest of the community.

Anyway just a thought, back to beer.

• Come on… even if it’s done by modders I don’t want payed stuff, and I don’t want to get kicked out of the server with the notification: “You don’t own the map, BUY IT!!!”. Essentially you would have to buy it to play the game properly. Please not, I already payed for the game.

• @HammelGammel:

Come on… even if it’s done by modders I don’t want payed stuff, and I don’t want to get kicked out of the server with the notification: “You don’t own the map, BUY IT!!!”. Essentially you would have to buy it to play the game properly. Please not, I already payed for the game.

Oh I hear you, students and many others will not pay for stuff.

But I am not talking about paying for using it, I am talking about paying for development.

I paid what $25 maybe more for a game that has over 500 hours value, unbelievable. I paid $70 for GW2 and played for 70 hours, similar amount for Max Payne 3 and played for 1 HOUR.

But what I want is new maps, very cool interesting, strategic and tactical maps. Hopefully I am not alone. Suppose 100 of us paid $5 for a voted very cool map that a couple of others could make.

Seems like a win-win solution for us? We vote and pay for a map, everyone gets to use it.

• I guess that’s a good idea, It would help get fresh things in the game.

• We should first wait for the SDK to be finished. Didn’t Kimiko announce that the SDK is close to be finished?
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13291

Wait how it will work and wait how much good maps we get.

• @HammelGammel:

We should first wait for the SDK to be finished. Didn’t Kimiko announce that the SDK is close to be finished?
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13291

Wait how it will work and wait how much good maps we get.

Its been like that for months.

The modders should just have a donate button somewhere.

There are always people willing to pay. I mean look at those idiots on kickstarter who pledge $10,000 towards a game and get $100 worth of stuff in return.

• hm… The reason I won’t do it is because the rest of the game isn’t balanced enough to make new maps enjoyable. If the rest of the game becomes glitch-abuse-hack free and very well balanced, I might take part in buying the occasional map. But as of now, no.

• @bagetti:

hm… The reason I won’t do it is because the rest of the game isn’t balanced enough to make new maps enjoyable. If the rest of the game becomes glitch-abuse-hack free and very well balanced, I might take part in buying the occasional map. But as of now, no.

The game itself is pretty well balanced.

Its just down to skill and use of exploits. They fix those exploits and its down to skill.

Whereever there’s one guy saying this weapon is overpowered there’s always another guy saying its underpowered. There’s a couple of slight exceptions but that’s pretty much it overall. The game is damn well balanced.

• @lemonater47:

@bagetti:

hm… The reason I won’t do it is because the rest of the game isn’t balanced enough to make new maps enjoyable. If the rest of the game becomes glitch-abuse-hack free and very well balanced, I might take part in buying the occasional map. But as of now, no.

The game itself is pretty well balanced.

Its just down to skill and use of exploits. They fix those exploits and its down to skill.

Whereever there’s one guy saying this weapon is overpowered there’s always another guy saying its underpowered. There’s a couple of slight exceptions but that’s pretty much it overall. The game is damn well balanced.

I don’t agree completely with what you said, but yeah: The exploits are the real problem at the moment.

• well no offense but i dont pay a game and then just buy crap along with it.
    seems we are different here. if ppl mod stuff for free awesome. if they now wanna get payed for it a clear no.