My Horror Story.

• So, hear me out. I bought the game around Christmas, played for a few weeks until one day the server browser went all “Fck you I am not doing sht!” on me and no servers would apper. Couple of days later what do you know, the infamous udk.exe error that stopped me from opening the game alltogether. I didn’t look into it at the time but last week I have been trying desperatly to make it work. Tried a lot (A LOT) of fixes. First I fixed the udk.exe by updating my drivers and some other messing around I can’t even remember. So I open the game full of joy only to see the empty server browser. Tried to fix that too. Even downloaded RiMixx’s alternate browser which didn’t work for me either. I went to sleep and the next day (today) I wake up, do some more forum research and delete my chivalry folder from My Games and tried to start the game. But there is always a catch… UDK ERROR AGAIN. AFTER F*CKING FIXING IT THE PREVIOUS DAY!

If anyone in here manages to fix it I will send him/her fcking flowers and fcking chocolates. :h1:

Sorry for the long post but I just had to get it out of my system. :|

I think I am opted out of the beta. Tell me how to make sure. Firewall disabled. No problem playing other online games.

• -In Steam go to your library
    -Right-Click on the listing for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Not the one that says Beta, if it shows)
    -Select “Properties”
    -Go to the BETAS tab
    -The drop down box should say “NONE-Opt out of all beta programs”

• Yes it does say that… Sooo…now what? udk error persists. :(

• Travel back in time, create a Kickstarter that raises enough money for Torn Banner to use the CryEngine 3 for Chivalry, travel forward in time to the present, enjoy a better game.

• False alarm, I restarted my computer twice and the udk error stopped appearing. But I still cannot find any servers…

@dudeface:

Travel back in time, create a Kickstarter that raises enough money for Torn Banner to use the CryEngine 3 for Chivalry, travel forward in time to the present, enjoy a better game.

Why the hostility dudeface? I thought this was the technical support forum, not the “insult anyone who seeks help” forum. I get that TB had a low budget but come on…

• My hostility is aimed at the UDK.

• @gtpm21:

False alarm, I restarted my computer twice and the udk error stopped appearing. But I still cannot find any servers…

@dudeface:

Travel back in time, create a Kickstarter that raises enough money for Torn Banner to use the CryEngine 3 for Chivalry, travel forward in time to the present, enjoy a better game.

Why the hostility dudeface? I thought this was the technical support forum, not the “insult anyone who seeks help” forum. I get that TB had a low budget but come on…

Did you try the alternative server browser?

• Go to My Documents/My Games/Chivalry. Delete the entire Chivalry folder. After you relaunch Chivalry it will remake these files,

I would uninstall the game using WIndows Control Panel. Then delete the Chivalry folder. Then reinstall fresh from Steam.
    I call this the Nuke 'Em From Orbit approach.

• I have tried the alternative browser but didnt work either. After I try to connect to a server with it it just sits at the main menu screen and nothing happens. After a couple of minutes it says “Failed to connect with host” or something like that.

BillDoor I have tried these fixes already but I will give them one more try and see…

• Could be another program interfering, too. Firewall, virus-scanner, router settings?
    It’s hard to say, but your logs don’t indicate a problem.

• I am redownloading Chivalry right now… But I dont understand. I used to play just fine. I can’t recall changing anything in my computer that could result in this problem. COuld you help me a bit more about the router settings?

• We’re talking about Windows computing. It could be the alignment of Jupiter affecting you.

• Right xD Btw love the sarcasm in these forums. Feels like home :)

• THEN WHY DID YOU CALL ME OUT FOR MY SARCASM

• Because it didn’t seem like it was aimed at the udk…

• Operation Nuke 'Em From Orbit was successful. BillDoor, dude, you are amazing. Thank you so much! Now if you will excuse me have some heads to chop.

Cheers! :D

• @gtpm21:

Operation Nuke 'Em From Orbit was successful. BillDoor, dude, you are amazing. Thank you so much! Now if you will excuse me have some heads to chop.

Cheers! :D

So where’s his chocolate?

I guess the grim reaper doesn’t like chocolate all that much… anyways… I’ll take it!

• @gtpm21:

Operation Nuke 'Em From Orbit was successful.

It’s the only way to be sure. :D