TornBannerRuinedAllMeleeAdventureGamesForMe

• By creating the best melee combat engine ever, Torn Banner has made it so I can barely enjoy the melee-combat based adventure games that I used to enjoy very much. Skyrim, Dishonored, Dark Messiah, Mount and Blade, Assassin’s Creed, the Fable games, the Witcher 2, and even Demon Souls and Dark Souls are hard to enjoy for their melee combat now that I have experienced Chivalry’s combat engine. Yes I admit that it could still use some refining, but to me, it is still by far the best melee combat engine. Some of the games I have listed have pretty good engines, and some have barely passable ones. However, they are all boring compared to Chivalry. I have enjoyed the multi-player game that Chivalry is for 135 hours (A noob’s amount of playtime I realize.) but I enjoy full scale adventures much more than just constant fighting in a small map. I would love it if Torn Banner would make a game with a great single player campaign. They would need to greatly improve their current AI for this to work well. I wouldn’t want them to stop improving Chivalry prematurely, but someday, even if it’s years from now, I hope that Torn Banner will make a great single player adventure game with great AI.

• Once we get mod tools it is only a question of time when we get the first “chiv-rpg” ;)

• So this is a positive thread.

Good to hear ;)

• Dark Messiah as cheesy as it can be used to be one of my all time favorite games… but now I simply cannot play it.

• Yeah not sure I could go back to MMO pvp again.

• @Falc That would be cool if modders made a campaign, but judging by Torn Banner’s tutorial, I think
    that I would really enjoy a campaign made by them.

@Kimiko Yeah, my title didn’t really sound positive did it? :)

@BodyOfTheMany It was a really fun game for its time, but now that we have been spoiled with more
    modern games like Chivalry, it’s hard to replay the old favorites.

@gregcau Exactly. Other combat engines aren’t very fun compared to Chivalry’s.

• Well I still love dark messiah but yes Chivalry is better ;)

• Its easy to enjoy all those games if your playing for the atmosphere or any thing but the combat because yes, chivalry has stolen the show on all FPS Melee games as far as I know.

• No game could ever ruin Dark Souls…

• I have been a long time player of the single player Mount & Blade mod Prophesy of Pendor. I would love to see a single player campaign similar to what Mount & Blade has to offer, using the Chivalry engine. It would certainly be a large undertaking, but I think the result would be a lot of fun.

• @Sir:

I have been a long time player of the single player Mount & Blade mod Prophesy of Pendor. I would love to see a single player campaign similar to what Mount & Blade has to offer, using the Chivalry engine. It would certainly be a large undertaking, but I think the result would be a lot of fun.

Yeah, totally. But they would have to make one hell of an AI to be faked out by feinting, or any of the other psychological tactics we use.

I’m reminded of the battle training from War of the Roses; their archers could hit you from a mile away, but the close combat enemies were like doped-up zombies.

• Yeah, Chivalry’s combat is pretty superior to other games’ but it lacks of interesting meta game. I’m playing Persistent World Mod for M&B Warband for some time now where you can let yourself be immersed in a small but rather complex sandboxy world map and experience different stuff besides fighting.
    Wish Chivalry had something like this… I throw in Chivalry from time to time for fun fast paced action, but that’s about it. :-/

• OMG a mount and blade with chivalry engine would be amazing because mount and blade is a great game but the ai is a bit naff it’s quite easy just to run through everyone on a horse and kill a whole army but if the chivalry engine was put into it it would be so much more fun running round chopping everyone’s head off i doubt this would happen but if it did i would play it for hours an hours

• A Mount&Blade-styled game using first-person view and Chivalry’s combat mechanics (tweaked, of course; I’d like to see directional blocking, for example) and hit reactions would be about the greatest thing that could happen.

• @Kimiko:

So this is a positive thread.

Good to hear ;)

Scared where we?
    iknow that feeling

• Imagine if someone ported the chivalry combat 1:1 into Mount & Blade. Oh lord.

• @CRUSHED:

Imagine if someone ported the chivalry combat 1:1 into Mount & Blade. Oh lord.

I can already see it now… AI is programmed to feint in the last 0.01 seconds 50% of the time and feint to parry if you try to attack them and you get raped by all the AI doing feints because you can’t reliably predict everything. I hope I never see this feint system ever again in my life :P

• I couldn’t agree more, I can’t bring myself to use melee weapons in any other game now days.I always try to drag my attacks and everything lol.