The FREE list to make the perfect game

• The list

1: Fix tracers on first person view stabbing being out of sync with the animation.
    2: Fix tracers on sword stabs to come from both sides of the sword, instead of one, making it more of a stab than a forward slice, and easier to block/parry (or make it only come from the tip).
    3: Remove until fixed alternate attack animations, so they’re equal in release to their counterparts. Currently alt swings on almost every weapon are by far superior to the point I wonder why normal swing even still exists, and alt overheads are only good on 1 handed, and Halberd family weapons.
    4: Fix all stabs have a tiny release, like in real life. Stab dragging should be removed as a result (praise Jesus).
    5: Remove until fixed the stabs on all 1 handed Axes/Maces to be as slow and wonky as they would be in real life.
    6: Steal ideas from War of the Roses and Mount & Blade like
    a) less damage at the start and end of a swing
    b) stab animations that start inside or past someone to do only 1 damage
    c) a more complex risk/reward Archery system (major kudos to TB for streaks behind arrows and arrowcam)
    7: Fix parry so it doesn’t get easily bypassed with feint. I suggest having the ability to hold it, but reduces mouse and movement speeds while held, just like shields.
    8: Remove Crossbows entirely.
    9: Fix Javelins, and Javelin retrieval. I suggest making the throw reload instant, but raising the Javelin to throw slower, for balance reasons.
    10: Fix look down/up overheads, so that looking down or up when performing an overhead doesn’t alter the speed of the animation (I believe you’re fixing this one).
    11: Remove until fixed the Norse Sword and Hatchet. Change their niche from being dagger wind-up speeds to something else. I suggest .4 wind-ups at best (but don’t alter the Norse Sword stab, it’s fine).
    12: Make the vote kick box also contain current ping of player being kicked.
    13: Create a team damage stat’ to be seen when clicking a player’s name in the score screen.
    14: Make deaths remove points equal to killing someone.
    15: Fix Bow damage, so Warbows do not one shot Archers to the chest, and also that damage across the board by projectiles, is reduced significantly (including and even especially Javelins). Currently the damage is too damn high.
    16: Remove damage tracers in the handles of almost every weapon, so a more proper part of the weapon has to hit you to register damage. This applies mostly to 2 handed swords and polearms.
    17: Fix damage to the arms so that it is less than torso damage.

Feel free to ask for explanations, since I did not elaborate (it’s a list).
    Do not feel free to dispute my list without a well described reason. Not that I can stop you, but you better not feel free when doing it.

• @DeminRamst:

…Remove…

Just no (Does not apply to 16).

• 15. no

• some good ideas, but do not remove crossbow and if crossbow are there, there is still an explanation for xbow to one hit kill a crossbow holder! perhaps remove the pavisse from crossbow man….makes people making 360 to block every arrow and since we’re now slow while shooting its easier to play with crossbow!

• 7: no
    8: no
    15: no
    Anywhere where you said “remove”: no

• I like your valid reasoning, ‘no’. My rebuttle is just as baseless: Eat a bag of crap.

• @Mgqc:

some good ideas, but do not remove crossbow and if crossbow are there, there is still an explanation for xbow to one hit kill a crossbow holder! perhaps remove the pavisse from crossbow man….makes people making 360 to block every arrow and since we’re now slow while shooting its easier to play with crossbow!

Crossbows are the devil. Contraptions designed for aimbots, and promotes the worst kind of gameplay. The tiniest minority benefits by having these in-game, while everyone else suffers. They also ruin team objective balance on certain maps, namely Stonehill and Hillside.

• @DeminRamst:

I like your valid reasoning, ‘no’. My rebuttle is just as baseless: Eat a bag of crap.

Lol.

I get to the point.

• 4 is one of my enduring issues, not that I’ve noticed it much of lately. 6 a - b are really good ideas. I am curious about 8, what is the reasoning ? And wow is 17 actually the case ?

edit: forgot 10 which I think is a very clear distinction between swing manipulation as an intended mechanic and that of staring at feet (or the sky even) that introduces complications which should not be conflated with aforesaid design concepts.

• @DeminRamst:

@Mgqc:

some good ideas, but do not remove crossbow and if crossbow are there, there is still an explanation for xbow to one hit kill a crossbow holder! perhaps remove the pavisse from crossbow man….makes people making 360 to block every arrow and since we’re now slow while shooting its easier to play with crossbow!

Crossbows are the devil. Contraptions designed for aimbots, and promotes the worst kind of gameplay. The tiniest minority benefits by having these in-game, while everyone else suffers. They also ruin team objective balance on certain maps, namely Stonehill and Hillside.

Are you trolling or just tired of being owned by crossbows?

• @Yewthan:

4 is one of my enduring issues, not that I’ve noticed it much of lately. 6 a - b are really good ideas. I am curious about 8, what is the reasoning ? And wow is 17 actually the case ?

edit: forgot 10 which I think is a very clear distinction between swing manipulation as an intended mechanic and that of staring at feet (or the sky even) that introduces complications which should not be conflated with aforesaid design concepts.

Yeah, 17 is correct currently.
    8 is a feeling that Crossbows only take from this game. They amount of skill needed to play a Crossbow is very tiny, just like in real life. You could topple the strongest knight with a fast projectile that’s already cocked, and shoots like a gun. I personally think they ruin balance in Team objectives like Stonehill and Hillside, because you can always headshot people forced into animations like ‘use ballista’ in Hillside, or ‘ram the door’ in Stonehill.
    I’m dying to know people’s defense of the crossbow, instead of ‘no’, because I really think life would be better without them, so in my perfect rendition of this game, they wouldn’t be in it.

I’ll laugh when people figure out a kick/headshot team combo. Guess they need to make kick not suck first.

Side note: Deploy pavise is still broken as far as I can tell.

• Personally I suck at using crossbows. I’m Better with the other archer weapons.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@DeminRamst:

@Mgqc:

Are you trolling or just tired of being owned by crossbows?

It’s not trolling if I believe my point.
    I don’t necessarily get owned by them, unless I’m out of stamina or foolishly attempting any sort of animation locking objective (which I don’t do, so there you go); or even trying to kick someone else.

I’ll give you one thing though, when I just spawn as a maa, and I’m weaving for potential shots, it’s disheartening to know there’s a weapon with the fastest projectile speed in the game (easiest to hit with) that one shots me to the chest/arms/head.
    Its design seems to be to only to counter maa, as otherwise its rate of fire is terrible (bad for supporting teammates).

• Guys, don’t take 5 seriously. I’m sure it was just a joke…

• Ranged weapons in general just brakes the flow of the game. Especially the Crossbows. It is not about how high on the leader board an Archer is, it is rather about how they cause people to die randomly.

• @Riuuii:

Guys, don’t take 5 seriously. I’m sure it was just a joke…

Mate, you better have not felt free saying that banal comment, mate. Mate.

• @Hejligan:

Ranged weapons in general just brakes the flow of the game. Especially the Crossbows. It is not about how high on the leader board an Archer is, it is rather about how they cause people to die randomly.

Yeah, they change things a lot them Archers. Currently, Bows are far too effective, resulting in many teams consisting of 50%~ archers, especially on defense. Enough of them use Crossbows, growing beards waiting so long for someone to come through that choke. My biggest gripe with Crossbows is how little they contribute to a team. Sure, a skilled player will do well with ANY setup, including a Crossbow, but give that same player a bow, and holy crap is there a difference. That extra rate-of-fire supports the team so much, and wins way more skirmishes with their threatening presence.

• wherever you wrote “remove” … its a clear “NO”.

• Lol sounds like someone is tired of getting owned.

• Some of your ideas are fruitful but some are just you being sick of getting owned.