The FREE list to make the perfect game

• 4 is one of my enduring issues, not that I’ve noticed it much of lately. 6 a - b are really good ideas. I am curious about 8, what is the reasoning ? And wow is 17 actually the case ?

edit: forgot 10 which I think is a very clear distinction between swing manipulation as an intended mechanic and that of staring at feet (or the sky even) that introduces complications which should not be conflated with aforesaid design concepts.

• @DeminRamst:

@Mgqc:

some good ideas, but do not remove crossbow and if crossbow are there, there is still an explanation for xbow to one hit kill a crossbow holder! perhaps remove the pavisse from crossbow man….makes people making 360 to block every arrow and since we’re now slow while shooting its easier to play with crossbow!

Crossbows are the devil. Contraptions designed for aimbots, and promotes the worst kind of gameplay. The tiniest minority benefits by having these in-game, while everyone else suffers. They also ruin team objective balance on certain maps, namely Stonehill and Hillside.

Are you trolling or just tired of being owned by crossbows?

• @Yewthan:

4 is one of my enduring issues, not that I’ve noticed it much of lately. 6 a - b are really good ideas. I am curious about 8, what is the reasoning ? And wow is 17 actually the case ?

edit: forgot 10 which I think is a very clear distinction between swing manipulation as an intended mechanic and that of staring at feet (or the sky even) that introduces complications which should not be conflated with aforesaid design concepts.

Yeah, 17 is correct currently.
    8 is a feeling that Crossbows only take from this game. They amount of skill needed to play a Crossbow is very tiny, just like in real life. You could topple the strongest knight with a fast projectile that’s already cocked, and shoots like a gun. I personally think they ruin balance in Team objectives like Stonehill and Hillside, because you can always headshot people forced into animations like ‘use ballista’ in Hillside, or ‘ram the door’ in Stonehill.
    I’m dying to know people’s defense of the crossbow, instead of ‘no’, because I really think life would be better without them, so in my perfect rendition of this game, they wouldn’t be in it.

I’ll laugh when people figure out a kick/headshot team combo. Guess they need to make kick not suck first.

Side note: Deploy pavise is still broken as far as I can tell.

• Personally I suck at using crossbows. I’m Better with the other archer weapons.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@DeminRamst:

@Mgqc:

some good ideas, but do not remove crossbow and if crossbow are there, there is still an explanation for xbow to one hit kill a crossbow holder! perhaps remove the pavisse from crossbow man….makes people making 360 to block every arrow and since we’re now slow while shooting its easier to play with crossbow!

Crossbows are the devil. Contraptions designed for aimbots, and promotes the worst kind of gameplay. The tiniest minority benefits by having these in-game, while everyone else suffers. They also ruin team objective balance on certain maps, namely Stonehill and Hillside.

Are you trolling or just tired of being owned by crossbows?

It’s not trolling if I believe my point.
    I don’t necessarily get owned by them, unless I’m out of stamina or foolishly attempting any sort of animation locking objective (which I don’t do, so there you go); or even trying to kick someone else.

I’ll give you one thing though, when I just spawn as a maa, and I’m weaving for potential shots, it’s disheartening to know there’s a weapon with the fastest projectile speed in the game (easiest to hit with) that one shots me to the chest/arms/head.
    Its design seems to be to only to counter maa, as otherwise its rate of fire is terrible (bad for supporting teammates).

• Guys, don’t take 5 seriously. I’m sure it was just a joke…

• Ranged weapons in general just brakes the flow of the game. Especially the Crossbows. It is not about how high on the leader board an Archer is, it is rather about how they cause people to die randomly.

• @Riuuii:

Guys, don’t take 5 seriously. I’m sure it was just a joke…

Mate, you better have not felt free saying that banal comment, mate. Mate.

• @Hejligan:

Ranged weapons in general just brakes the flow of the game. Especially the Crossbows. It is not about how high on the leader board an Archer is, it is rather about how they cause people to die randomly.

Yeah, they change things a lot them Archers. Currently, Bows are far too effective, resulting in many teams consisting of 50%~ archers, especially on defense. Enough of them use Crossbows, growing beards waiting so long for someone to come through that choke. My biggest gripe with Crossbows is how little they contribute to a team. Sure, a skilled player will do well with ANY setup, including a Crossbow, but give that same player a bow, and holy crap is there a difference. That extra rate-of-fire supports the team so much, and wins way more skirmishes with their threatening presence.

• wherever you wrote “remove” … its a clear “NO”.

• Lol sounds like someone is tired of getting owned.

• Some of your ideas are fruitful but some are just you being sick of getting owned.

• I’d be interested to see the list you make if all your wishes came true… I’m sure a few lists on and you’d end up with where the game is heading now.

• No…

Don’t agree with the most part.

• Explanations:
    Remove Alternate Attacks
    viewtopic.php?f=90&t=13439
    In this thread is ample explanation on the imbalances of alternate swings.

Remove Crossbows
    This is more of a hypothesis. What do they add? My answer was they subtract from this game, and no one has defended them so far. Fair enough though, since they aren’t necessarily effective. My opinion: If it’s easy to make a bot do it better, it should not be in a video game, like WoW’s fishing for example.

Remove Norse Sword and Hatchet
    They wouldn’t be so bad if Alternate swings weren’t so broken. But alternate swings are broken, and so are combo feint attacks. Between look down overheads and look left alt swings, these weapons feel completely broken and possibly impossible to block. I feel doubts in this one are based on lack of experience vs. people who really exploit this one thoroughly.

Remove damage tracers in the handles of almost every weapon
    Pretty sure no one meant this one, haha.

• @Teocyn:

I’d be interested to see the list you make if all your wishes came true… I’m sure a few lists on and you’d end up with where the game is heading now.

The game’s always ‘heading there’, isn’t it. Guess I’ll lose interest in it then. Good day sir? :D :O LOOOOOOOL

• Alternate attacks are ony faster. And they are only faster as they try making it the same speed as a normal alt attack. If that makes sense.

When you do an alt LMB attack there a 0.05 second period of the weapon swapping sides. That time is included in all the other times it seems making the actual swing faster. It also looks misleading when you face someone doing that.

Alt attacks are also harder to parry and block with all shields bar the tower shield. As they are built to block normal LMB attacks. With alt attacks you usually have to turn to the right to block.

They should just balance them. Make the animation go a bit slower. More chance to react. Balances out the benifit by adding a negative. In theory.

Overhead alt attacks I don’t have a problem with. They are no harder to block. They just as variety.

An removing weapons? I don’t think so. The Norse sword is fine but the falchion is rater dodgy to block. Its tracers are wonky and slightly longer than the weapon. They need to fix that. Unless I saw the tracers wrong.

Axes tracers just different than most weapons. They are on the axe head, the sharp bit. Most people look at the tip of the weapon ok but with axes its bit on the tip unless its a stab. Its on the corner of the axe head. Makes it hard to block. But I don’t really see it as an issue. You just have to block ealier and look towards it.

An some people love crossbows. Why remove them? Just becuase you and I think they are useless doesn’t mean others do.

• @lemonater47:

Alternate attacks are ony faster. And they are only faster as they try making it the same speed as a normal alt attack. If that makes sense.

Incorrect. The swing begins at barely 90 degrees to your left, meaning look right alt swings make contact instantly without effort or risk. This is made most powerful by excellent swinging weapons like Norse Sword, Hatchet, Bearded Axe and especially any 2 handed sword.

This with a subtle switching sides animation is absolutely devastating, and completely re-wiring and breaking the current balance to one of look down overheads and look right alt swings.

It is easy in such a manner to bypass block, by making the point of contact well behind the enemy, beacause of vision and angle, unlike the look down overhead. It’s much, much harder to block a well made alt swing than a look down overhead. My fix would be making the origin point of damage on any swing to be directly behind the player just like the NORMAL swing, not 90 degrees to your left, where it is completely expoloitable, and re-writing our once not as bad meta. Thank-you.

• @DeminRamst:

@lemonater47:

Alternate attacks are ony faster. And they are only faster as they try making it the same speed as a normal alt attack. If that makes sense.

Incorrect. The swing begins at barely 90 degrees to your left, meaning look right alt swings make contact instantly without effort or risk. This is made most powerful by excellent swinging weapons like Norse Sword, Hatchet, Bearded Axe and especially any 2 handed sword.

This with a subtle switching sides animation is absolutely devastating, and completely re-wiring and breaking the current balance to one of look down overheads and look right alt swings.

It is easy in such a manner to bypass block, by making the point of contact well behind the enemy, beacause of vision and angle, unlike the look down overhead. It’s much, much harder to block a well made alt swing than a look down overhead. My fix would be making the origin point of damage on any swing to be directly behind the player just like the NORMAL swing, not 90 degrees to your left, where it is completely expoloitable, and re-writing our once not as bad meta. Thank-you.

I’ll have to look at that. Doesn’t seem like it to me at all. I’m perfectly capable of blocking them. Just a small turn to the right and its a succesful parry.

If you don’t turn yes that happens. As block isn’t made for it and I forgot to mention most players angle themselves to better counter LMB attacks and make their own LMB attacks closer to them. Without really thinking about it. Unless they are in facehugging range a small click of the mouse an you’ve blocked. Feints and bearded axe lookdown overheads are the two things I can’t parry. I only die if they got behind me or if I made a silly mistake. And me not turning to face an attack is what I regard as a silly mistake.

But I’m used to using the buckler. Used to turning into attacks from whichever direction.

And its to my understanding that neither attack alternate of not comes from 90 degress. Considering the angle of the whole swing is 150 degress it would make him a contortionist or something.

It uses the same animation as the second part of a combo. So it comes at whatever angle that is.

Look left normal swings are just as deadly. But people are in a position to block those.

• @DeminRamst:

@Teocyn:

I’d be interested to see the list you make if all your wishes came true… I’m sure a few lists on and you’d end up with where the game is heading now.

The game’s always ‘heading there’, isn’t it. Guess I’ll lose interest in it then. Good day sir? :D :O LOOOOOOOL

Ahh, well the intention of my post was that he would regret his decision and change it to the direction the developers are taking it now. I didn’t make it very clear though, my bad :D