Why isn't the Holy Water Sprinkler used more?

• I seldom see it used, and sometimes I see players that aren’t doing well with it as well. But sometimes when I hop on a duel server and I see a knight straight up massacring the competition by spamming stab. It’s quite frustrating to play against, yes, but I also can’t help but wonder why more players don’t use and abuse this annoying piece of spiked firewood.

• Because of all the other options. HWS is a knight weapon. Knight has a ton of very viable choices, SOW is popular now, bearded axe. They have a bunch of cool secondaries, falch, norse sword, flanged mace.

Its not like HWS is super OP, it just has a fairly good stab. I suppose thats the main thing, it just isn’t OP.

• @JCash:

Its not like HWS is super OP, it just has a fairly good stab. I suppose thats the main thing, it just isn’t OP.

One would argue if the majority of the weapons is “OP” you might call them “balanced” and change your (previous) “balanced” to “weak” (if just outclassed) or “niche” (if good in a particular situation).

The Holy Water Sprinkler is one of the more specialized weapons its niche is having very low windup times. In most cases you are probably better off with a different weapon (a sword, the Flanged Mace or the Morning Star)

• I’ve been working with the HWS and developed a very fair strategy with it. I don’t do too bad, nor too good.

It is an interesting weapon and I believe it deserves a better reputation.

• Unless you are a MAA that can close the gap, 2 Handers reign supreme in team games. Range = Power.
    There’s pretty much no point to use a 1 hander as a knight, unless it’s the war hammer, and even that’s pushing it.

• I’m sorry, but what exactly is the HWS anyway lol? I keep seein it mentioned but have no idea what it is.

• I use primarily HWS, Quarterstaff and Norse Sword on MaA, personally.

• I actually like the HWS. Very quick and most people aren’t ready to counter because no one uses it much.

• @Esryda:

I’m sorry, but what exactly is the HWS anyway lol? I keep seein it mentioned but have no idea what it is.

Holy Water Sprinkler

I think the reason it isn’t used is because it’s so short.

In most ways the flanged mace is better; same stab speed, slightly longer, more damage with everything except thrust.

• @Dr:

In most ways the flanged mace is better; same stab speed, slightly longer, more damage with everything except thrust.

I was under the impression HWS was 0.05 faster stab.

The main reason it’s used at all is because of the stab being fast and pretty high damage.

• Fighting the players that use HWS in a bastard way are annoying.

Ones that sprint up to your face and look down-ish while pushing and pushing. You have to have lightning reflexs to block that super fast stab.

Generally if I vs. someone with the HWS, I just push back, try out step the stab so they miss and keep them on the defensive, tis challenging sometimes though.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Dr:

I was under the impression HWS was 0.05 faster stab.

The main reason it’s used at all is because of the stab being fast and pretty high damage.

Here are the relative stab speeds

The Flanged Mace:
    Windup Combo Release Recovery
    0.3 0.625 0.35 0.5

The Holy Water Sprinkler
    Windup Combo Release Recovery
    0.3 0.7 0.45 0.4

Both have the same wind up, the release is faster with the flanged mace but that’s not necessarily better, the recovery time is better with HWS though which is definitely better.

• fighting hws is kinda like fighting how fists were. It’s pretty much fists lol