Feint again!

• I ain’t quite the feint hater but since lots of people hate it, here’s is an idea to improve the gameplay

make a new ‘‘stamina’’ like bar for feint only, and TB decide wich weapon cost more ‘‘feint’’ (mostly bigs weapons cost more) but make the number of feint limited and perhaps it could cost stamina too but less! need to stop a few second to regenerate too!

• i’d say
    One hit kill weapon like the maul or sweihander would be granted 1-2 feint
    2h get 2-3
    1h get 3-4
    spears get 4-5

after those u ran out of feint power and got to stop, this way we get better fights since there would be more stamina and less feint, without actually remove it!

• It should use the same stamina bar. The larger he weapon he more stamina it should use. The amount of stamina used for each weapon should be increased.

• what I try to make is a gameplay free of feint abuse and longer sword fights wince stagger after like 3-4 hits makes it boring…

• @Mgqc:

what I try to make is a gameplay free of feint abuse and longer sword fights wince stagger after like 3-4 hits makes it boring…

I rarely have a problem. You parry/block and he/she is ready to parry, you move in close and do a slow circling attack, works 90% of the time. But yeah against pro players who have even pings and are able to parry at the last millisecond, it can create a boring fight.

Thats why I say leave feints, just reduce the damage of a feinted attack to balance everything.

• I think the way I see it, it doesn’t give a penalty to a feint user, only to a feint abuse!

• I proposed in my “Kick improvement” post being able to kick during the recovery of a parry.
    It means that if you get fooled by a feint and just parry for nothing u could still do a kick during the recovery of the parry so you can still escape the hit by flinching the feinting opponent (if you have good reflexes).

• @Blackleader:

I proposed in my “Kick improvement” post being able to kick during the recovery of a parry.
    It means that if you get fooled by a feint and just parry for nothing u could still do a kick during the recovery of the parry so you can still escape the hit by flinching the feinting opponent (if you have good reflexes).

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense and should be added!

Edit:
    I also think there should be a way to counter getting kicked with a shield, too. Because your opponent has a free hit/kill as it is now. At least let me move away from him while being dizzied. Only thing you can do is duck, and that rarely seem to work since everyone kicking you always do overhead strikes anyway.

• @gregcau:

@Mgqc:

what I try to make is a gameplay free of feint abuse and longer sword fights wince stagger after like 3-4 hits makes it boring…

I rarely have a problem. You parry/block and he/she is ready to parry, you move in close and do a slow circling attack, works 90% of the time. But yeah against pro players who have even pings and are able to parry at the last millisecond, it can create a boring fight.

Thats why I say leave feints, just reduce the damage of a feinted attack to balance everything.

Im definitely with greg on this - i’ve tried to not wade into the feint debate thus far, but good players can just parry all day long, and having feints in there adds a dynamic to the fight that ought to be there.

I certainly agree that feints are too effective. I like the idea that attacks after feints damage should be dumbed down a little, to increase hits to kill by one perhaps. It sort of makes sense too - the idea of quickly simulating a false attack first takes a little sting out of the final blow. I also like the idea of a stamina drain a little more. Either/or.

• Make feints use 75% stamina, decrease damage from feinted attacks, no flinch on feinted attacks, no feint-parry, feint only during the first 50% of swing windup. *
    FIXED
    You’re welcome.

[subscript:2hzxm3l8]*Corrected for the terminology nazis. ;)[/subscript:2hzxm3l8]

• @BillDoor:

Make feints use 75% stamina, decrease damage from feinted attacks, no flinch on feinted attacks, no feint-parry, feint only during the first 50% of swing.
    FIXED
    You’re welcome.

At the moment you can’t feint on any percentage of the swing. Only on the windup.

• @BillDoor:

Make feints use 75% stamina, decrease damage from feinted attacks, no flinch on feinted attacks, no feint-parry, feint only during the first 50% of swing windup. *
    FIXED
    You’re welcome.

[subscript:1slapf58]*Corrected for the terminology nazis. ;)[/subscript:1slapf58]

that would be retarded, most boring fight ever, u feint ONCE then goodbye stamina and welcome stagger every time u block!