Chivalry Medieval Warfare 2

• What if Chivalry Medieval Warfare 2 was announced?
    What would you guys want as improvements?

Please leave all the small glitch complains out of this post… we already know that you don’t like to be hit by that falchion when you were sure to have parried it… Just discuss about the general frame of the game.

For me, these are my wanted improvements if TB would announced another chivalry game like:

• Get the level design more simple and smooth. It doesnt matter if from time to time we get through objects with our blades, the most important with simplified environement hitboxes is not to get blocked on every tiny rock we met.
    • Hire a good graphic designer to design menus, server browser, ingame HUD, etc… We want some good medieval fonts and not this crappy deffault font “Times New Roman”.
    • Rethink about all the infos you display… we don’t really need to know that the pushable is at 90% of the way… we can dirrectly see the “Stop” or “Push” on the screen… this is just an example amongs many infos that we don’t really need and just pollute the chat. And on the contrary, we need to put infos like “Player x got the aghatians flag” on top level and not just in tiny on the already polluated chat.
    • Get combat animations smoother, more stylish like in the game “dark souls” or “Hellraid”. We want to fight with style and not like some playmobils…
    • Get rid of this awfull killcam. It was funny the first 10 times to get decapitated and to have my screen turning like hell but now I found it annoying like hell (and not because I was killed). It’s also so boring to wait like 5 seconds to be able to move the spectator cam… Anyways, I’m sure you can do so much better.
    • Rethink about the run/walk system. The challenge here is that it needs remain simple but at the same time prevent players from running full speed and swinging like idiots.

And now for some reason, if you don’t think “Chivalry medieval Warfare 2” could work… Why don’t you take this original combat system, make it more arcade, less simulation and export it into a fantasy game… where we could coop to fight giants, dragons, undeads etc… with the help of other classes like sorceres, magicians, rogue, bandits… into dungeons, catacombs, labyrinthic castle…

I mean the combat system is what everyone likes about this game so don’t leave it, continue develloping it, getting it beter but also don’t get lost by making it too simulation. It needs to stay enjoyable.

• @Blackleader:

Please leave all the small glitch complains out of this post…

:| ;) :) :D :D :D :?

A story, competent AI and Coop. And no one would ever complain about the falchion again. ;)

• MMO version so I can hit on gamer girls

• I’d hope that Chiv 2 would be FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR off in the future. I’d very much prefer Torn Banner to fix up and flesh out the current Chiv first, then move onto other types of games / settings to enhance their skills and experience, then maybe come back to Chiv in later life when they have even more to offer.

I’d think it would be a shame to see a “Chiv 2” that would currently just be more of the same, so at the moment I can’t think of anything specific that I’d like to see, other than the possibility of more single player or co-op stuff. I’d think that a Chiv 2 would take into account some of the best bits of current Chiv, and combine them with new mechanics and features to give something quite different and enhanced. Sort of like the transition between AoC and Chiv, but to a far greater degree.

Btw they did actually have quite an awesome looking medieval style font during the Alpha, however unfortunately I believe there would have been legal issues with using it live so it was changed to the standard one we have now. I still hope they can find a suitable medieval style one again at some point. :)

• Really, legal issues with fonts?

• If development of a ‘chivalry 2’ was announced any time within the next, roughly year and a half to 2 years, i’d be somewhat pissed. Too early.

• Yeah, I don’t know about Chiv 2 but these are excellent suggestions regardless.

• @JCash:

If development of a ‘chivalry 2’ was announced any time within the next, roughly year and a half to 2 years, i’d be somewhat pissed. Too early.

Well TB needs to earn some money eventually…
    Not saying it must be a copy/paste of Chivalry MW but It would be nice though if their next game is more or less based on the same melee combat system.

• @Blackleader:

@JCash:

If development of a ‘chivalry 2’ was announced any time within the next, roughly year and a half to 2 years, i’d be somewhat pissed. Too early.

Well TB needs to earn some money eventually…
    Not saying it must be a copy/paste of Chivalry MW but It would be nice though if their next game is more or less based on the same melee combat system.

I think they need the perspective and experience making a completely different type of game would offer them before they think to re visit the melee fighting genre.

• @gregcau:

MMO version so I can hit on gamer girls

Seriously though, an MMO with the combat system of Chivalry, with full loot, in an open seamless sandbox world with an in-depth crafting system…

That would be so good I had orgasmic reactions several times while typing that.

Someone PLEAAASE make that. :D

• Many of these ideas could and should go into the current game.

• @The:

@gregcau:

Seriously though, an MMO with the combat system of Chivalry, with full loot, in an open seamless sandbox world with an in-depth crafting system…

Its already out. Mortal online. They even use the same engine.

Darkfall is also fairly close.

• They should hired these guys for cutscenes.

dJxj1mou03M

• @JCash:

@The:

@gregcau:

Its already out. Mortal online. They even use the same engine.

Darkfall is also fairly close.

This? ROoK_VzEBmE

jG77QJbQgpc

:lolz: :jlaff: :lolz: :j:

• @Dr:

This?

What I like about CMW is its first person up close and personal. Even the 3rd person is still zoomed in. They would need that and all the combat mechanics to jump to the MMO version.

I don’t even think they need half the boring grinding stuff MMO’s have. Probably don’t need an AI or monsters just realm versus realm with PvP and crafting for weapons. Don’t need levelling up, just combat and rewards on a large scale - France versus England in the middle ages.

• @akazi:

Really, legal issues with fonts?

Many fonts have license agreements attached. So, yes.

• Ha, seriously ur joking right?
    dont even start talking about a part 2 when 1 is still dam near a beta!

comon guys stop the pipe dreams,

I for 1 will not be playing another cmw untill this 1 works decently and the necessary admin stuff is implemented and totaly customizable like every other game on the market, good games need: players : players need: good servers, to get those u need good admin tools which this game has none of so far.

and if this is the kind of work i will be subjected too,by TB, then i wont spend another dime on part 2!

i dont wanna play betas that are passed off as games, full of the worst bugs glitches and shitty player meshes i have ever seen in my life, only to watch them nerf it more and more and the 2 weekest classes too, are u fucking kidding me! yet ppl get to run around with the most op weapon in the game the (zweihander) and cut u down in 1 hit, wtf are u smoking really to think id wanna play part 2 when 1 is so far away from being fixed its not even funny

nuff said, im getting to fired up.

• If a game like “chivalry 2” were to be released, i wouldnt want Torn Banner to make that game. I want experienced developers like blizzard or valve to make that game.

• @Blackleader:

And on the contrary, we need to put infos like “Player x got the aghatians flag” on top level and not just in tiny on the already polluated chat.

No, we don’t. You can already easily see when a flag has been taken or returned by looking at the HUD symbols. There’s no need to clutter the important part of my screen with giant text, especially when I’m in combat. Stuff like this is irritating in games like BC2.

[image:2ozviaks]http://tv.shopto.net/thumbnails/full/515.jpg[/image:2ozviaks]

• @DaciaJC:

@Blackleader:

And on the contrary, we need to put infos like “Player x got the aghatians flag” on top level and not just in tiny on the already polluated chat.

No, we don’t. You can already easily see when a flag has been taken or returned by looking at the HUD symbols. There’s no need to clutter the important part of my screen with giant text, especially when I’m in combat. Stuff like this is irritating in games like BC2.

Yea right, not in the middle of the screen of course! top-left should be fine and maybe not so big as in your picture. Anyways, this was just an example of how infos are not well displayed in this game.
    Another example would the the vote-kick wich is too big and takes to much place on the screen.