Separate vote-kicking and vote-banning, kicking = banning

• A simple change. vote-kicking which requires a low amount of votes equals an automatic ban and is abused to an extreme amount in many servers. Being kicked should not make you automatically banned, and there should be a voteban for temporary bans as vote-kicking does now, requiring a larger threshold of yes votes, 75%+.

I am sure many would find this reasonable, and have been banned because 1 guy got upset by getting killed and started a vote kick.

• @Borge:

A simple change. vote-kicking which requires a low amount of votes equals an automatic ban and is abused to an extreme amount in many servers. Being kicked should not make you automatically banned, and there should be a voteban for temporary bans as vote-kicking does now, requiring a larger threshold of yes votes, 75%+.

I am sure many would find this reasonable, and have been banned because 1 guy got upset by getting killed and started a vote kick.

I agree.

Although for a voteban I don’t think 75% is enough. It’s not hard for a bunch of friends playing to easily just votekick you in a mob and half the server generally votes yes for no reason anyway. 80-90 would probably be better for the vote-ban and people would vote yes in the case of super team killers and hackers. It might also give people the chance to sort their issues out between them rather than instantly kicking someone who accidently tked them.

• Voteban is a BAD idea. A really bad idea.

Espicially as you think its ok to kick people with good scores. Less power to the people not more.

• @lemonater47:

Voteban is a BAD idea. A really bad idea.

Espicially as you think its ok to kick people with good scores. Less power to the people not more.

You’re kidding right? Did you even read the original post? There already IS a vote-ban, its called vote-kick. Getting vote kicked actually bans you, as well as kicks you. What i’m suggesting is having a temporary vote-ban separate which requires a much higher threshold of yes votes, and making vote-kick a kick only.

• @Borge:

You’re kidding right? Did you even read the original post? There already IS a vote-ban, its called vote-kick. Getting vote kicked actually bans you, as well as kicks you. What i’m suggesting is having a temporary vote-ban separate which requires a much higher threshold of yes votes, and making vote-kick a kick only.

Its only for 5 minutes, hardly a long ban. Don’t need a whole new system - which would only be abused anyway.

• an adminkickban that was timed rather than perm wouldn’t be too bad
    24h or 1week/2weeks kind of thing

• The voteban idea might work. I think the requirement to initiate a votekick should be rasied.

Votekick:

Team Damage: 25%+
    Idle Time: 300+

Voteban:

Team Damage: 90%
    Idle Time: N/A

That way, if someone makes the accidental TK or 2, it won’t give a player the instant power to remove them. Once the player surpasses the minimum, then a vote can be initiated. As the number reaches up to 90 or above, then the player can be considered for a 24 hour ban.

Reason why there is idle time for votekick and not voteban is because it’d be unfair to remove someone for a whole day, if their only crime is to be idle. You can just remove that person with a kick, which I think 300 seconds (5 minutes) is a reasonable time.

• Don’t you dare adding a permanent vote-ban! People would instantly start abusing it. It would go horribly wrong!

• @gregcau:

@Borge:

Its only for 5 minutes, hardly a long ban. Don’t need a whole new system - which would only be abused anyway.

I think this guy is new. And maybe he got vote kicked for the first time. Couldn’t rejoin. I mean the ideas he comes up with and what he suggests says he isn’t past rank 15. 20 at the most.

5 minutes is not a long time. It just stops people coming right back on.

• @HammelGammel:

Don’t you dare adding a permanent vote-ban! People would instantly start abusing it. It would go horribly wrong!

You know that’s what vote-kicking already does right? Read the original post first. It would be a temporary ban, 10 minutes-1 hour at the absolute most, and would require possibly 90% yes votes.

• @Borge:

@HammelGammel:

Don’t you dare adding a permanent vote-ban! People would instantly start abusing it. It would go horribly wrong!

You know that’s what vote-kicking already does right? Read the original post first. It would be a temporary ban, 10 minutes-1 hour at the absolute most, and would require possibly 90% yes votes.

I read the OP, but you where unclear about this.

This feature btw. would not help in any regard if you ask me.

• @gregcau:

only for 5 minutes, hardly a long ban. Don’t need a whole new system - which would only be abused anyway.

This. The 5 min ban is there because it would be pointless to allow votekicking if they could IMMEDIATELY rejoin.

As to a temp ban being available from votekick…I very doubt that would be a good idea. People rage enough at votekicking, imagine it if that included the ability to ban for a significant length of time too? Regardless of how high you set the threshold.

• I guess it could work on servers that are closely monitored by admins. Here in oceanic there are often times when the only non-ffa servers you can find are populated by a bunch of spiteful 12 year olds who kick anyone who acheives a higher score than them. I dread putting more power into their hands…

• @HammelGammel:

Care to elaborate?

@Ready:

I guess it could work on servers that are closely monitored by admins. Here in oceanic there are often times when the only non-ffa servers you can find are populated by a bunch of spiteful 12 year olds who kick anyone who acheives a higher score than them. I dread putting more power into their hands…

You know what i’m suggesting gives them less power right?

• @Borge:

@HammelGammel:

Care to elaborate?

@Ready:

I guess it could work on servers that are closely monitored by admins. Here in oceanic there are often times when the only non-ffa servers you can find are populated by a bunch of spiteful 12 year olds who kick anyone who acheives a higher score than them. I dread putting more power into their hands…

You know what i’m suggesting gives them less power right?

No it doesn’t. Giving them more commands gives them more power.

• @BobT36:

@gregcau:

only for 5 minutes, hardly a long ban. Don’t need a whole new system - which would only be abused anyway.

This. The 5 min ban is there because it would be pointless to allow votekicking if they could IMMEDIATELY rejoin.

Pretty much this.

• @Keith:

The voteban idea might work. I think the requirement to initiate a votekick should be rasied.

Votekick:

Team Damage: 25%+
    Idle Time: 300+

Uh, okay. So I’m allowed abuse the s**t out of someone, intentionally TKing them every time I see them and there’s no way a kick can even be initiated against me?

25% is massive…. My typical team damage is 0 to 5% per game.

Even when someone has particularly pissed me off and I’m going out of my way to get revenge via griefing them over an extended period of time, when they go to votekick me it’s never above 25% team damage.

That aside, most of the time on servers we’re kicking people due to their ridiculous ping, and it’s not that rare that we kick people purely because they’re being exceedingly annoying in the chat.

• @Dibbz:

That aside, most of the time on servers we’re kicking people due to their ridiculous ping, and it’s not that rare that we kick people purely because they’re being exceedingly annoying in the chat.

THIS.