Voice commands not the same for everyone

• since most people dont have others playing next to them i dont think most people know about this but i play right next to my brother sometimes and when you say the voice commands they are not the same for each player. for example my MAA will say “no” and on his game it will say “it cant be done”.

• It would be nice if the random choice of voice acting was done server-side instead of client side, considering they’re so inconsistent in meaning. “Are you out of your mind?!” and “Nope” are very different phrases, as are “Are you sure?” and “No-ho-ho!”

Another note is that XX1 Respect on some classes can sometimes sound insulting, rather than complimenting, e.g. the Knight’s “I nearly broke a sweat”, or the Vanguard’s “Skilled in the arts of war?! You can’t all be peasants!” which sound more like taunts.
    I’d like to know for certain whether the complimentary Respect came out on their end or if there’s a chance they think I just rudely taunted them after death.

When communicating with such varied lines of dialogue hearing the same line as everyone else is important, as it gives context for the listener’s reaction to the voice command.

• I’m more annoyed by the weird insulting ‘respect’ voices than the different versions that clients hear. Why are some respect things actually respectful and others insulting? Odd, that.

• @kjano9900:

since most people dont have others playing next to them i dont think most people know about this but i play right next to my brother sometimes and when you say the voice commands they are not the same for each player. for example my MAA will say “no” and on his game it will say “it cant be done”.

It is kind of annoying because the flow of the “conversation” is not the same. Sure the essense is not the same but sometimes the precise words are funnier.

I mean they saved what one bit of a byte to not send the exact voice command over the internet…

• It should be done server side. Its one if those things that almost have to be.