Speedhacker

• Hey guys and gals…I’m not really active on the forums but play chiv almost daily. In my 500+ hours of gameplay, I’ve witnessed maybe 3 people speed hacking…

Well yesterday I ran across a speed hacker who went by the name of “filthy peasant”…I don’t have the ability to record, but if someone does, hopefully they can get him (or her) recorded.

Just a heads up for the community…

• There’s a problem.

Lots of people in chivarly are called filthy peasant.

• @lemonater47:

There’s a problem.

Maybe so but it beats the alternative which is to say nothing… at least people can be on the lookout.

• Game is really dead as far as any serious competitive gameplay goes. Couple days ago I played on one of the most active clan’s server, and that clan in question had a speed hacker on it. Won’t even bother mentioning the name of the clan because it will only cause a hizzy fit of drama, I’m just over this shit.

• @ballsdeep:

@lemonater47:

There’s a problem.

Maybe so but it beats the alternative which is to say nothing… at least people can be on the lookout.

Unfortunately random accusations based on name alone (which is defined by your SteamFriends name which anyone can change to anything) are not enough, and can even have the detrimental effect of causing people to blame someone who is innocent.

As the other poster mentioned, MANY users have the Filthy Peasant name, such could get any one of them accused of hacking and banned outright from a private server if the admin reads such a post and thinks they’re the hacker, just because they were using the same name.

We can’t support public accusations on here because of those reasons. If you see a hacker than you can get in touch with Mods (who have Admin powers on all OFFICIAL servers) by going to the Steam Mod group in my sig and temporarily adding us if we’re online so we can come and sort it out. Otherwise if it’s on a private server, you’ll need to get in touch with that server’s admin.

Reporting hackers directly to us (as in not posting with accusations like this) is still possible as long as video evidence and steam ID / profile link are provided, so we know who to keep an eye on. Just stating “x is a hacker” really doesn’t help anyone, especially considering the number of “omg hax0r!” accusations there are around on perfectly legit players heh.

Either ways if they’re on an Official server then get in touch with us and we’ll come observe and sort it out if required. Hope your future games are hacker free. :)