A recurring Problem with FPS

• One thing I seem to notice in some FPS games that there is a chance for one team to just overpower the other team.

Take TF2 for example, in one situation the enemy team can’t even leave the spawn point, in the other all I can do is watch as they destroy us.

In Gotham city imposter, It’s annoying to see that im doing ok… but my team is just helpless.

This is my first time posting so I apologise for any noobishness

• Spawncamping isn’t possible in Chivalry due to map layout. So far I have yet to see one side get so overwhelmed that they can’t make it out of spawn - in fact quite the opposite, I’ve seen a defending team with an advantage push the attackers back so far that a few players on the attacking team managed to sneak around them and do the objective while the defenders were fighting too far away to stop them.

• i see this a lot on battlegrounds, only until the objectives all get burnt to the ground though, i will occasionally see this on dark forest as well.

• Actually what I mean is it possible for one side to be filled with only newbies and the other with veteran players, and if there is how will you balance that?

• @hanz_kidz:

Actually what I mean is it possible for one side to be filled with only newbies and the other with veteran players, and if there is how will you balance that?

There’s no way to balance that without comprehensive stat tracking and forced team balance so people can’t play on the same team as their friends. Not to mention said stat tracking will lead to people doing dumb things to pad their score.

• @SlyGoat:

@hanz_kidz:

Actually what I mean is it possible for one side to be filled with only newbies and the other with veteran players, and if there is how will you balance that?

There’s no way to balance that without comprehensive stat tracking and forced team balance so people can’t play on the same team as their friends. Not to mention said stat tracking will lead to people doing dumb things to pad their score.

This.

Why should someone get punished (moved to the bad team with bad players) if he/she is a good player and the team they are on is very organized. You can still win in those situations if you get your losing team to work together. One of the main reasons why one team completely destroys the other one: Losing team has no teamwork

• If the forced balance of teams were forced onto server this would make competitive play considerable more difficult as it would force server owners to mod their server or have to run two separate servers, one for pubbing the other for scrims.