Greek Fire… PLZZZ

• Greek Fire. I want Greek Fire. You are going to add Greek Fire. Please add Greek Fire. Now, you might call me a hypocrite, because I am constantly on a crusade against nearly all ranged weapons in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. You would be correct on that assumption. Please add Greek Fire.

Also, since people wanted to go logical and technical on my buttocks. What I mean with Greek Fire is the Siphon in particular. The Hand-Held Siphon to be even more particular!

For those who don’t know what Greek Fire is, which is apparently a lot of people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire. I JUST SAVED YOU A BUNCH OF TIME BY DIRECTLY LINKING YOU IT INSTEAD OF INDIRECTLY MAKING YOU HAVE TO SEARCH FOR IT! I should be your Prophet.

• Would be cool, but overpowered? :P

• @Hunutteri:

Would be cool, but overpowered? :P

Well, this is a game, not real life. They could make it balanced because of that simple fact.

• I like this but it has to have a quite short range and if you have a shield the fire doesn’t go through it and has some animation of the fire hitting off the shield. Anyway class idea I really want this.

• Greek fire barrels launched from catapult. Boom!

• @Hejligan:

Greek Fire. I want Greek Fire. You are going to add Greek Fire. Please add Greek Fire.

Are you crazy? That is so lame.

We need Wildfire.

• @gregcau:

@Hejligan:

Greek Fire. I want Greek Fire. You are going to add Greek Fire. Please add Greek Fire.

Are you crazy? That is so lame.

We need Wildfire.

Greek Fire is the name of a medieval flamethrower… It is not… It is not a substance.

• @Hejligan:

Greek Fire is the name of a medieval flamethrower… It is not… It is not a substance.

oh I see. well thats a misleading name, stupid Byzantines I see why they were extinguished.

good idea !

• @FPSOtsal:

I like this but it has to have a quite short range and if you have a shield the fire doesn’t go through it and has some animation of the fire hitting off the shield.

Where do you people keep getting these magic shields that resist everything, never break, and seem to be able to protect your legs when it just barely covers your torso!?

Greek fire would be awesome, give it to VG (it would be a two handed weapon… old world flamethrower, as was previously stated.) I would laugh manically as I ran around the battlefield looking like a wizard! Or not.

It would have to be as an emplacement (like a cata or ballista), since they were actually mounted to ships. Would make for an awesome ship vs ship map.

• @Hejligan:

Not necessarily, though. You could have clay pots filled with greek fire, or you shoot burning jars or flasks filled with greek fire from catapults (extreme molotov cocktails!) Although it was probably mostly used as a kind of flamethrower in sea battles, and in sieges against the attackers.

But really, we already kind of have the oil pot that set people aflame. How would greek fire differ? Setting them aflame for a longer duration? Since greek fire is very hard to extinguish, you can’t just use water (wikipedia says either sand, piss or vinegar.)

Anyways, if it was to be added, I’d say it should be introduced in a DLC that show us that third faction from the south where Agatha previously had a crusade. They could show up and bring greek fire and black powder bombs.

• @SavageBeatings:

@Hejligan:

Not necessarily, though. You could have clay pots filled with greek fire, or you shoot burning jars or flasks filled with greek fire from catapults (extreme molotov cocktails!) Although it was probably mostly used as a kind of flamethrower in sea battles, and in sieges against the attackers.

But really, we already kind of have the oil pot that set people aflame. How would greek fire differ? Setting them aflame for a longer duration? Since greek fire is very hard to extinguish, you can’t just use water (wikipedia says either sand, piss or vinegar.)

Anyways, if it was to be added, I’d say it should be introduced in a DLC that show us that third faction from the south where Agatha previously had a crusade. They could show up and bring greek fire and black powder bombs.

Obviously, if I describe it as a “medieval flamethrower” then I am referring to the Hand-Held Siphon.

• @gregcau:

@Hejligan:

oh I see. well thats a misleading name, stupid Byzantines I see why they were extinguished.

good idea !

Perhaps you should not insult The Byzantine Empire when you have the cyber presence of a direct descendant of a Byzantine Emperor.

• I believe greek fire reacted with salt water mainly for ships, but there’s no naval battles so it wouldent really work. Plus it was around during the times of greece and chivalry is nowhere near that time period.

• @Riuuii:

I believe greek fire reacted with salt water mainly for ships, but there’s no naval battles so it wouldent really work. Plus it was around during the times of greece and chivalry is nowhere near that time period.

1. Greek Fire was a Medieval weapon, it has been referenced in the 1100-hundreds as being used, and there is a possibly reference during the Fourth Crusade, the year 1203 to be specific. So, Greek Fire is very much so something that could fit in Chivalry.
    2. It was used during land battles too, not only naval battles.

• @SavageBeatings:

Tenosia, and yeah, i’ve been waiting them to add tenosians to the game ;)
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/lore.htm check other factions too…and a bit of lore… :P

• @Seraephus:

@FPSOtsal:

I like this but it has to have a quite short range and if you have a shield the fire doesn’t go through it and has some animation of the fire hitting off the shield.

Where do you people keep getting these magic shields that resist everything, never break, and seem to be able to protect your legs when it just barely covers your torso!?

Greek fire would be awesome, give it to VG (it would be a two handed weapon… old world flamethrower, as was previously stated.) I would laugh manically as I ran around the battlefield looking like a wizard! Or not.

It would have to be as an emplacement (like a cata or ballista), since they were actually mounted to ships. Would make for an awesome ship vs ship map.

Because if shields could not block the fire, it would be insanely overpowered. And it also needs a cool down, like the flamethrower overheats.

And a Vanguard has it? No way, it should belong to the archer (He is the ranged class).