More questions…

• Ok, so I’m having a blast in duel-mode, sword on sword or axe or poleax or whatever other edged-blade honourable combat. I’m getting my ass handed to me nine times out of ten, but that’s ok because I’m learning and having fun.

Then some faggit starts throwing spears, or using a bow or crossbow, then charges in with a dagger…and I would like to simply forfeit that match because I’m in to play sword-fights, not dodge the fucking faggit projectile. Is it possible without quitting the server? And why can’t duel servers be set up to allow only edged weapons, or only projectile weapons, etc etc etc?

• They can, its a server option but few private servers utilize it.

Still its a good skill to have learning how to deal with an archer. Use your shield, sharp weapon, zig-zag, jump, duck, use cover whereever you can etc. If you have to run in the open try to expose your shielded side (left) more than your right. Move unpredictably.

• I’ve decided upon what should have been the obvious option…stand still and die. If they want to bring their faggit weapon to a sword-fight they’ll get no fight at all.

I fail to see what satisfaction they get out of it anyway. It’s not as if there’s a global leaderboard to con. :-?

• You can always F10.

• Really cool use of the word “faggit”, bro.

• Deal with it. 8-)

Also this game is called Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Maybe you bought the wrong game?

(However it is possible for private server operators to customise what classes are allowed).

• The duel levels were built to provide a fair amount of cover. Try moving cover to cover and make him miss a shot. If it is the crossbow and he misses…welp.

• @Andrew:

The duel levels were built to provide a fair amount of cover. Try moving cover to cover and make him miss a shot. If it is the crossbow and he misses…welp.

What, I throw my sword at him? :lol:

• Just about every time I see an archer in duel mode I know I’m going to win. Get a tower shield and a broad/norse sword. Charge with the tower shield out then when you are in close combat range put it away and KILL THAT FILTHY ARCHER!!!

• @AllShallPerish:

Just about every time I see an archer in duel mode I know I’m going to win. Get a tower shield and a broad/norse sword. Charge with the tower shield out then when you are in close combat range put it away and KILL THAT FILTHY ARCHER!!!

Clearly someone hasn’t faced my dueling archer ;)

• Fighting Archers in duels is a good way of forced training, you certainly do not wish to lose and hurt your duel score, so you must become one with your feet, dodge his projectiles and cut that cheeky bastard down!

I’ve made a few players angry though by going Archer, not shooting them but running up to them and dagger combo-ing them till they die. That’s the ultimate insult :D

• I think I need to go duel as an archer now and murder people with a short sword or dagger. Oh and finish them with a kick or punch to complete the humiliation. Heheehee…

Even worse, killing them with that damn baguette. Ooohh yes.

• i try to not zig zag as much as possible. What’s better to do is watch them windup, know when the bow or throwable is about to come at you… THEN move at the last possible moment. Zig zagging left to right just kind of makes it easier as they will wait on one side of you and then just attack when you run back into their crosshair. They dont sit there and follow you back and forth… at least good archers won’t.

Also yeah, use cover… grab a shield… etc.

• Yeah there’s two really good solutions:

1- use a shield. Even if you don’t want to fight with a shield just carry one on your back for archers and switch back to 2 hander after they’ve shot. If they’re any good they’ll hit you in the feet but that doesn’t do that much damage.

2- use projectiles. Throwing knives are probably better but either will do. Run at the archer whilst throwing projectiles at them, it’s enough to interrupt their shot allowing you to close distance.

@dudeface:

Really cool use of the word “faggit”, bro.

I’m really, really over people throwing around homophobic terms in video games. Just grow up.

• @Dr:

Yeah there’s two really good solutions:

1- use a shield. Even if you don’t want to fight with a shield just carry one on your back for archers and switch back to 2 hander after they’ve shot. If they’re any good they’ll hit you in the feet but that doesn’t do that much damage.

2- use projectiles. Throwing knives are probably better but either will do. Run at the archer whilst throwing projectiles at them, it’s enough to interrupt their shot allowing you to close distance.

@dudeface:

Really cool use of the word “faggit”, bro.

I’m really, really over people throwing around homophobic terms in video games. Just grow up.

That’s why I made up a new word…to catch the essense of the non-manly sentiment without impugning homosexuals.

• @Panzerlang:

That’s why I made up a new word…to catch the essense of the non-manly sentiment without impugning homosexuals.

That would be like using niggar.

How old are you?

• @gregcau:

@Panzerlang:

How old are you?

I’m 12. Isn’t everyone?

I don’t believe the word “nigger” carries two clearly defined meanings in the way the word “faggot” does. Yes, you might argue the word “niggar” could refer to gangsta-music lovers (or something) but that sub-group isn’t as fundamental as one encompassing any male who lacks masculinity (irrespective of sexual orientation).

Thus “faggit”, to attempt to pejoratively describe a player who fights like a girl, without impugning his sexual orientation. ;)

• No. No.

Just stop now. Don’t even say another word on this topic.
    My face cannot handle any more palming.

• @dudeface:

No. No.

Just stop now. Don’t even say another word on this topic.
    My face cannot handle any more palming.

Ssh, adults are talking. ;)

• @Panzerlang:

@gregcau:

@Panzerlang:

How old are you?

I’m 12. Isn’t everyone?

I don’t believe the word “nigger” carries two clearly defined meanings in the way the word “faggot” does. Yes, you might argue the word “niggar” could refer to gangsta-music lovers (or something) but that sub-group isn’t as fundamental as one encompassing any male who lacks masculinity (irrespective of sexual orientation).

Thus “faggit”, to attempt to pejoratively describe a player who fights like a girl, without impugning his sexual orientation. ;)

‘No, no, you got it all wrong. I’m actually not insulting anyone based upon their implied sexual orientation, I’m insulting someone based upon an implied attribute of a gender!’

Yeah. Genius. Furthermore: How is playing a video game a certain way masculine? Do you flex your surely enormous biceps while you go takatakatakataka?