Pavise Shields

• A deployable back shield featured for the Archer - Crossbowman class; With this you can carry it on your back, making your back 90% protected from enemy projectiles, or you can hit 3 (Default key) To deploy the shield onto the ground to create a shield to reload behind. The idea is good, yet I’m disgusted with seeing how broken they are. Upon deploying a Pavise shield, it may just break due to curved landscape, or random occasions where you move too far away from it ( not sure ) and of course you happen to accidently step ontop of it (way to counter pavise shield bridges) Its a decent shield, but it yet requires some fixes and upgrades before it could become a optimal tiertiary equipment for Archer - Crossbowman, currently the extra ammunition is favoured.

1. The pavise shield should not under any cirumstances randomly break, not even in curved landscape (Remove the break code if not possible to fix otherwise)

2. The Pavise shield should have some decals / extra models / materials to see if its brand new, damaged or about to break.

3. The Pavise shield should instantly-break upon a Kick / Shield push.

4. The Pavise shield should restock when using the ammunition box. (Disable the feature to restock pavise shield IF user already has one planted to prevent double pavise shields.

And as for using a pavise shield to block of tight corners, I think thats a legit tactic considering you chose the shield before ammo, which means you gotta restock ammunition much sooner.

Please comment on either one of these numbers if you disagree or you agree.

• I never understood the utility of these shields. With the extra ammo option it makes them redundant. And sure agree with your points.

• Pavise aren’t really good for archer duels - your head is easy to focus on when behind the shield.
    They are good for putting in front of the King or the Queen’s family for fending off oilpots.
    But agree fully with all OP’s points.

• I always use the Pavise shield when I use the crossbows. The only time my loadout doesn’t consist of a shield on my back is if I specifically require fire pots (e.g. to kill a turtling King) or if I’m playing Vanguard.

I will say that I have never deployed the shield with positive results.
    Need cover out in the open? Turn around, look up and crouch. Faster, safer and more useful than deploying it.

Plus if I’m putting it down I want to be able to pick it up again when I need to move, but considering it spontaneously combusts half the time I’d much rather leave it on my back than risk losing it until I die.

I agree with all four suggestions Wulfy made, and if it comes down to it I’d much rather have Pavise Shields being placed in weird places they shouldn’t be able to stand than Pavise Shields that are basically non-functional. Remove the break code if there isn’t a more elegant solution.

• @BillDoor:

Pavise aren’t really good for archer duels - your head is easy to focus on when behind the shield.
    They are good for putting in front of the King or the Queen’s family for fending off oilpots.
    But agree fully with all OP’s points.

Pavise shields instantly break when touched by fire. Deploying the pavise is pretty weak tbh.

• @BillDoor:

Do they actually block oil pots? I haven’t seen it myself but I have my doubts.

Oil pots phase through players harmlessly (the player gets a fake “Ouch I’ve been hit” effect but takes no damage and is not lit on fire) and explode on the ground where they would have landed had the player not been in the way, so I have my doubts about them interacting differently with the Pavise Shield.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Pavise shields instantly break when touched by fire. Deploying the pavise is pretty weak tbh.

Yep, it’s strictly for one save and one save only. I never meant to imply it was useful. :D

• awwww that Emo Shield.
    Wulf I agree