Stoneshill Small Change to First Objective

• I thought about a very small change for the first objective on stoneshill.
    Killing 40 peasants and buring the houses could be a separate thing.
    The reason for this, it always bothers me when there are peasants left when the objective has already been completed. I know this is due to the houses count as 2.
    By separating the two (peasants and buildings) you could effectively shield the last remaining peasants.

The idea behind this is not to change the balance or difficulty of the objective, but rather make it a more varied experience for both, the attacker and defender.

• That reminds me of a game a few months back where I was so pleased with myself. They had 39/40 and I managed to force a peasant into a house and keep him there. I was like “I have hidden the last peasant!”.

I guess the setup is prevent things like that…

• Well, I also thought of this. Maybe make the peasants unable to enter buildings.
    Or leave it as it is and just think about how often a scenario like this would happen. I guess not that often, given how difficult it actually is to move a peasant.

• @gregcau:

That reminds me of a game a few months back where I was so pleased with myself. They had 39/40 and I managed to force a peasant into a house and keep him there. I was like “I have hidden the last peasant!”.

I guess the setup is prevent things like that…

They could just burn down a building and that will count. If they were that stupid and looking for the last peasant that’s thier fault.

And OP why does it bother you that there are peasants still running around after the objective is completed?

And seperating the two would unbalance it in favour of the agathians too much.

• Yea, I think remaining peasents/houses are neede, otherwise the bottleneck at the last peasent would create situations favouring the defenders.

• @lemonater47:

……
    And OP why does it bother you that there are peasants still running around after the objective is completed?

Well, it doesn’t annoy me, it’s just that the peasants aren’t a relieable cue (visually) about the progression of the objective. There could be 10 peasants still running around and you might think that there are plenty left, but infact when you look at the objective status it says 38/40 peasants killed.
    It’s no big deal, I just thought a small change to it could make things more interesting.

About balance, well I guess you are right when you say it would favor the Agathians. But would it be a bad thing? Not necessarily, given how darn easy the objective actually is for the Mason Order.