Please increase the turncap speed on parry (not shield)

• Everyone dies in a few hits and parrying correctly is very important. I would like to see some higher cap on parry turnspeed so you don’t have to flick your mouse before clicking parry. It is strange to me that looking up and down turnspeed is uncapped but the side turns are.

I’m not asking for uncapped parry turnspeed so you can do 360 parry. I’d like to see parry turnspeed cap higher than what it currently is.

• I think you meant to say please raise the turncap speed?

Unless I’m mistaken too, it’s slightly confusing wording, but wouldn’t lowering the turncap speed mean that you turned even slower?

• As the poster above me said, a higher turncap speed allows more freedom of movement in a shorter period of time, if that helps you OP?

• Careful about raising the turn speed too high on any type of block. Then people will spin2win block.

• @Dibbz:

I think you meant to say please raise the turncap speed?

Unless I’m mistaken too, it’s slightly confusing wording, but wouldn’t lowering the turncap speed mean that you turned even slower?

Oops Yes. I meant to say that.

@Martin:

As the poster above me said, a higher turncap speed allows more freedom of movement in a shorter period of time, if that helps you OP?

Yes. I’d like to see a little more of freedom while parrying.

@NoVaLombardia:

Careful about raising the turn speed too high on any type of block. Then people will spin2win block.

I agree. Too much of freedom would make the game go back to AOC.

• I think that the fix for parrying that TB has in the works will better address the problem than making it easier to turn while parrying. This is still a fair idea though, we’ll see how things pan out in the next series of patches and improvements.

• Would be only fair if the same was done to shields.
    Less vision and no combo from blocking is enough of a disadvantage for them.

Anyway I dont like the idea of aiming AFTER pushing parry.
    It would just lead to people circling their parry around like its done with stabs now.
    Turns the whole aim correctly game into who can shake their mouse the best…

• I disagree with this entirely. If you feel you need your parry to move faster, you aren’t timing it well enough or should have been following the weapon a lot better beforehand, or both.

• @Rex:

I agree. Too much of freedom would make the game go back to AOC.

Yes Rex, those spin parries were quite entertaining to watch, yet they were truely ineffective and didn’t work out most of the time. Even attacks performed with the Spin would usually fail due to a completely different swing trace system in Age of Chivalry that caused the tracers to create huge gaps if the drags were too fast.

Raising the sensitivity reduction would allow much more free movements, making the game accept more type of “Dancing” manouvers.

Decreasing it would make the melee fight require more precision, footwork and skills.

I’ve never been a good fan of those parry sensitivity reduction to simulate the weapon weight, yet its a counter measure to actually give the attack an opportunity to pass through the defenders block, unless they anticipate their attack.