Why do people keep telling me my stab is too fast?

• I’m rank 39 so I’m more experienced than most players. My k/d is usually 1.8-2.4. Sometimes i can pull off 3.4- 4.0 or higher. Not godly but still pretty decent. I don’t know how to use any exploits and I don’t care to learn how. But people often say my stab comes way too fast and try to kick me for hacking/exploiting and sometimes the vote passes. I don’t get it i use the normal overhead-stab combo and i’m getting kicked for it? Are mouse wheel combos an exploit that give me an unfair advantage? Even though they get me most of my kills i wont chain attacks if i can see its gonna get me kicked.

• From what I’ve learned so far about the way this game works I wouldn’t be suprised if something you’re doing legitimately is glitching the code and making you look like a hacker/exploiter. Either that or you are one. :lol:

• See, its crappy answers like you got from this poster that makes the actions of this community go unchanged.

Buddy, whether it is a regular server or you are doing a tour of the servers that appear, you will ALWAYS have this issue. This is because they give the admins no kind of tools and basically allow the trolls to run the boards. I am a level 41 and play basically at the same server because the other servers are LAME. I have been called a hacker for winning too much, boxing, using the zwei, winning with the MAA, throwing too many javs (got called a f*g for that one…), and of course, using the knight I may as well just be running the speed hack and call it a day.

Its funny, people swear this game is full of hacks and hackers, and while i am not a master programmer, from what I can tell, most hacks require more knowledge of hex editing than the average jackass kid is going to bother to go through obtaining just to win a small indie game’s server. The only “hack” available to my knowledge is a VERY OBVIOUS speed hack…

So yeah, sorry it is happening to you too, but somehow, even though this game is cool and should attract a good, competitive audience, it seems to have attracted babies and no-skill trolls.

Hey TB, how about some patching to fix this…maybe hardcore servers for those of us with some skill and the crappy stock servers for the players who are straight up unworthy of this game. And yeah, I am probably one of your biggest critics and still see a lot of potential in this title if you guys can help us admins and modders to control the influx of nonsense.

• wasnt there some guy whos overclocked processor was giving him basically a speedhack? if so then it means hardware can affect your moving/attack speed

• @Ready:

zoop

What weapon are you using all the time/times when people complain?
    If you’re using the Holy Water Sprinkler and being weird with your stab timings, those players just aren’t used to that bastard weapon.
    If it’s the SOW, the stab on that is very challenging for lower level players. Even I struggle to read the counter stab off parries some times.

Otherwise it could just be the general gist of 1h stabbing, I have animation desync issues with them personally, but otherwise they seem alright-ish.

• @NaTe:

@Ready:

zoop

What weapon are you using all the time/times when people complain?
    If you’re using the Holy Water Sprinkler and being weird with your stab timings, those players just aren’t used to that bastard weapon.
    If it’s the SOW, the stab on that is very challenging for lower level players. Even I struggle to read the counter stab off parries some times.

Otherwise it could just be the general gist of 1h stabbing, I have animation desync issues with them personally, but otherwise they seem alright-ish.

Claymore, 'berd, longsword (with sheild) and polaxe normally. They keep saying my stab has some kind of reduced windup or something

• The Poleaxe counter stab can be hard to read, otherwise those weapons should be fine to stab with.

Is it lower level players or higher level players that complain?

Back in the day the 'berd used to be the stab king :D

• Some weapons don’t animate that clearly, although this isn’t very consistent. It also depends on if you’re executing parry counters very well. Perfectly timed counters can be extremely fast and confusing even to an experienced player, so imagine how a new player can feel.

There’s also a possibility that your attacks are genuinely faster if you OC your cpu in a specific way, I’m not sure if this is still possible but evidently it was an issue with someone on the forums a while back. Take that with a grain of salt. If you find you’re moving faster than other players of the same class though… something to look into.

• Maybe your desynced? Some players seem nearly impossible to block simple attacks from. They are for lack of better word desynced. Iv been desynced before and saw everyone around me start moving real fast then real slow. I also seemed to be desynced in the same game without seeing my surroundings change and tore through everyone going like 35-4, when I am normally a 1.5-3 kdr ratio player.

Perhaps you are desynced more often then the average bear?

Iv seen a high ranked guy with a maul holding it above his head then no time later whatever was in front of him died, he did it over and over and over. Desynced?

reinstall lol idk

• If you’re knight with a Sword of War (to give an example) your overhead and stab comboses are so fast that the people who aren’t aware of being able to combo (which is really a powerful ability for some weapons) might think that you’re cheating because they themselves are using single attacks, not comboses. Additionally, if you’re attacking after parrying you’re going to be faster than someone who’s been parried and keeps attacking.

• maybe you stab them in close distance and if they got over 50 ping it can be hard to block some perf parry counter insta crap. I used to whine about it aswell :d