Firepot saddens me…

• And not because it exist, but i heard that shield is useless against it. Really? I would agree it would make shield unusable, cause no one would like to hold a burning shield, but does firepot ignores the shield? Wouldn’t it be better if it just fire shield up and dramatically spreads while hitting it?

And fire should be more intense imho.

Most wanted game for me, though ^_^

• What do you mean by ‘ignoring the shield’? If someone would throw a firepot right into your shield the pot would break and the liquid inside the pot would splash all over and caught on fire, wouldn’t it? I mean splashing all over you, if your shield isn’t huge. Same thing happens when it’s directed to the ground, the flaming liquid spreads all over and when you walk trough it you get burned.

I do like the idea of a burning shield trough, would be epic if MaA could strip the shields down from the enemy team using the pots.

• The firepot will break when it hits the ground, a player, or a shield, and start a fire in the area. Anyone who walks through the area will be ignited. So yes, shields are useless against it, the response to fire is to avoid it.

• It only takes away 30 % of your HP which you can regen in a few seconds, at the cost of a shield and playing a class with less armour that dies in 1 hit from a 2hander.

• i say sand jars or something similar

• Honestly I think firepots should only ignite a player if he is hit directly by the pot or it’s splash; walking through fire on the ground should only hurt you while you walk through it, not light you on fire… What do you guys think?

• @Viper:

Honestly I think firepots should only ignite a player if he is hit directly by the pot or it’s splash; walking through fire on the ground should only hurt you while you walk through it, not light you on fire… What do you guys think?

I think it should be taken a step further and make it solely an area denial/anti-turtle weapon. Just touching the fire at any point shouldn’t severely damage you, but remaining in the area should.

• @Viper:

Honestly I think firepots should only ignite a player if he is hit directly by the pot or it’s splash; walking through fire on the ground should only hurt you while you walk through it, not light you on fire… What do you guys think?

You know what, that actually makes the most sense. The damage from walking through it has to be a lot higher than AoCs ever was though.

• I forgot to add that, if walking through fire won’t ignite you, it should definitely damage you more…

• I think walking through fire should ignite you only very briefly (1-2 seconds), and you’re re-ignited every half second you remain in the fire, increasing the damage by a bit. So if you stand in the fire for a few seconds you’ll lose a huge chunk of health, but if you just run through it you’ll burn for a second or two and lose maybe 10-20%.

• I guess you could either make fire really damaging so players can’t run through it without going into “near-death-greyscale” (but don’t make it ignite you), or apply the 1-2 second burning like you said.

• Developer

We will be making the firepots function as they did in aoc. Hurts to be in the fire, but doesn’t light you on fire if you just step in it. Only if you are struck by the initial burst will you ignite.

• Awesome, just what I wanted!

• @Tibberius:

We will be making the firepots function as they did in aoc. Hurts to be in the fire, but doesn’t light you on fire if you just step in it. Only if you are struck by the initial burst will you ignite.

That would be perfect, sir…

• @SlyGoat:

@Viper:

I think it should be taken a step further and make it solely an area denial/anti-turtle weapon. Just touching the fire at any point shouldn’t severely damage you, but remaining in the area should.

I agree. At least nerf the afterburn duration, because firepots are damn annoying.

• Beta Patch 3:
    @b3h47pte:

• Fire Pots: Only gets set on fire if caught in initial blast radius. Otherwise only damaged when inside the fire.