I may have found a fix for low game fps

• Open UDKSystemSettings.ini and set Speedtreeleaves and Speedtreefronds to True if they are False.

Then set OnlyStreamInTextures to False if True. I gained about 20 fps from this. On Battlegrounds, I was getting 60 fps but after this I’m getting about 80-90 fps.

Now I don’t know the default settings and it may not work for you. So please don’t flame me if it doesnt work for you.

• 20?

• @lemonater47:

20?

Yea I can post pictures for proof if you’d like.

• What card are you using?

• @Dr.Nick:

What card are you using?

I’m using a Nvidia GTX 670

• @Rex:

@Dr.Nick:

What card are you using?

You shouldn’t have any problems with that card anyway.

• @Rex:

@Dr.Nick:

What card are you using?

What FPS were you getting prior to this fix?

I’m on a 560ti, and only on large maps with lots of players do I ever drop below 60 fps. A 670 should destroy this game. What cpu are you using?

• e7400 3.4ghz speed

GTX550TI card

and 4gb ddr2 RAM

And i get shit fps with everything on low

Considering i can run unreal tournament 3 flawlessly with everything on maximum settings, i can´t see how this game manages to play so fucking badly.

• @danezcou3:

e7400 3.4ghz speed

GTX550TI card

and 4gb ddr2 RAM

You’re using a GTX 550Ti with a dual core and 4gb of DDR2?
    Far out, that CPU bottleneck is pretty bad.

Do you still get lag if you turn EVERYTHING, motion blur, bloom, light shafts etc to low/off?

Time to upgrade cpu/motherboard/ram me thinks.

• @NaTe:

@danezcou3:

e7400 3.4ghz speed

GTX550TI card

and 4gb ddr2 RAM

Do you still get lag if you turn EVERYTHING, motion blur, bloom, light shafts etc to low/off?

I have i5-3570k, Asrock Z77 Extreme 3 and 8 GB of RAM. I turn most settings to low to juice out as much FPS as possible.

I normally get around 100 -140 FPS. Only on Battlegrounds and Hillside I get lower FPS. It really hurts my eyes because I’m playing on a 144 Hz monitor which is really an eye-candy but when it gets to sub 60 FPS, video stutters.

• @Rex:

I normally get around 100 -140 FPS. Only on Battlegrounds and Hillside I get lower FPS. It really hurts my eyes because I’m playing on a 144 Hz monitor which is really an eye-candy but when it gets to sub 60 FPS, video stutters.

OMG is that even possible? I have 15-25 fps, in a crowded fight it goes down to 10-11 sometimes. And I’m lvl ~26. You have no reason to complain dude.

I use my 5-7 years old laptop.

• OC’d i7 2600k + Radeon 6950, and I can’t run max settings at 1080p. You’d think this setup would be able to handle a game of this graphical fidelity, but some levels really hurt my FPS. Frigid and Battlegrounds, mainly.
    In any case, all my settings were already as per the OP, so I have nothing to gain here.

• @dudeface:

OC’d i7 2600k + Radeon 6950, and I can’t run max settings at 1080p. You’d think this setup would be able to handle a game of this graphical fidelity, but some levels really hurt my FPS. Frigid and Battlegrounds, mainly.
    In any case, all my settings were already as per the OP, so I have nothing to gain here.

Your system is a bit better than mine. I don’t understand how it isn’t running maxed out. I’m only on an i5 2500k, and it’s not even OCed, with a GTX 560ti.

I will drop below 60 fps in very large battles with tons of people, but that’s about it.

I have everything maxed besides, Vsync off, motion blur off, FOV at 110, blood and corpse decals at default, and SSAO at low.

Make sure to turn off or at low SSAO, it doesn’t offer much visual improvement but tanks a system.

• Yeah it’s weird. Chivalry is pretty finicky, I guess.
    Pretty sure I have SSAO on low. A few other things on low or medium that probably don’t make much of a difference anyway. Cranking down of the in-game options never really helped much except dynamic lighting, but I mean, fuck playing the game with that disabled.

• @Sir:

@Rex:

OMG is that even possible? I have 15-25 fps, in a crowded fight it goes down to 10-11 sometimes. And I’m lvl ~26. You have no reason to complain dude.

I use my 5-7 years old laptop.

I don’t see where I complained about getting low fps. I just said I found a way to increase the fps slightly and I’m sharing with others. If I have been playing on an old system with low fps, I wouldn’t know much of difference. But once you start playing on higher refresh rate then the game suddenly drops sub-60, the difference is massive. I can’t do anything about my body not getting adjusted to lower FPS. It is very annoying to my eyes and that is it. I am not complaining that the game is unoptimized or anything.

• @NaTe:

@danezcou3:

e7400 3.4ghz speed

GTX550TI card

and 4gb ddr2 RAM

You´re misunderstanding here, its not the computers fault, its the games fault, since the engine the game is made on is made on the same engine that unreal tournament 3 is made on, and i can run that game easily with 60fps on everything high, and ut3 even has better looking graphics. This game is simply terribly optimized and disagreeing with that would be incredibly naive.

• This game is (whether it is warranted or not) very processor demanding. My quad core clocked at it’s normal 2.8ghz runs the game at about 15-40 fps. Overclocked at 3.5ghz I get 100 fps constant on all maps except citadel which has big problems. Any modernish graphics card seems to run the game fine if your processor can keep up.

• @danezcou3:

You´re misunderstanding here, its not the computers fault, its the games fault, since the engine the game is made on is made on the same engine that unreal tournament 3 is made on, and i can run that game easily with 60fps on everything high, and ut3 even has better looking graphics. This game is simply terribly optimized and disagreeing with that would be incredibly naive.

It doesn’t matter if you run a bunch of games on UT3, what matters is all the computations involved in a multiplayer setting. Which is the case with all of these hit tracers on weapons. Your CPU is definitely your problem.

• @danezcou3:

Chivalry isn’t a copy paste of the UT3 engine. It uses the same base engine, but TBS have tweaked it for Chivalry, which in turn can make it run differently. Chucking is right, when your system has to read where everyone’s tracers are at the same time, player models, render bodies, blood decals, it can be taxing on the CPU if the game is optimised to use that more.

Once again I’ll reiterate, your CPU is pretty damn old, Chivalry is a 2012 game, this is too be expected.