Falling damage

• I guess there should be a little more damage, like falling from 5 meters should be deadly

• You do realise falling from 5 meters would not actually kill you IRL, only if you land on an unprotected head I believe.

• you realise that while wearing atleast chain mail you will break your leg? + medieval soldiers were not those parkour guys or smth (i guess most of them). Breaking your leg means you can walk harshly so…
    You kinda die there, if you have no friends to carry you from there.

• You can also impale yourself on your sword.

What I say is this :
    If it is not deadly in real life, do not make it deadly in game.

Wat breaks your leg in real life should kill you in game ?
    If we go along this ath why not make any hit a kill ? It handicaps real fighters to get hit in the arm or leg, as does a crippled limb…

Actually it makes me remember of topics about having seperate damage zones, for instance you hit an ennemy’s leg, he can move properly, you hit his arm it takes out his weapon… It was generally said this was not to be included. I think the same about that.

• @Jihell:

Actually it makes me remember of topics about having seperate damage zones, for instance you hit an ennemy’s leg, he can move properly, you hit his arm it takes out his weapon… It was generally said this was not to be included. I think the same about that.

hmm i was talking just about falling damage

Wat breaks your leg in real life should kill you in game ?

• yes cause its kinda pretty boring to play as lying on the ground screaming guy…

If we go along this ath why not make any hit a kill ? It handicaps real fighters to get hit in the arm or leg, as does a crippled limb…

if I understood you right then while wearing an armor it takes more than just one hit to break your bones(of course if your opponent using not 2h axe or 2h mace). Even the leather armour like MAA has should protect a little so mace won’t just break a bone
    If i understood you wrong sorry, cause i’m not native English speaking.
    Also you have to admit that falling from 10m height and be ok is weird
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1O2d3_52J0 - 1:40

• falling from 5 meters does not kill you in real life and neither should it in the game

• go jump from the second floor lol

• @evil:

Yes cause its kinda pretty boring to play as lying on the ground screaming guy…

You kinda missed what I was trying to say : it would be realistic to break your legs, BUT that would not be fun, on that we agree, but WHY slay the player instead of just giving him a bit of damage ? Why chose the path of ununderstanded death rather than unlikely survival ?

• By the way, there’s a very simple explanation for why fall damage isn’t any higher, and that’s because it’s completely awesome to jump from a hill to ambush an enemy from above.

Seriously, go launch AoC and play some Sorrow - the last objective of that map is my favorite of any map by far because of the long stretch of uphill fighting that gives you numerous chances to jump down and take someone by surprise, or even land right on top of them and pummel their heads in while they look around desperately trying to figure out where you are.

• just hate to be the guy who’s

looking around desperately trying to figure out where you are.

-_-

• @SlyGoat:

By the way, there’s a very simple explanation for why fall damage isn’t any higher, and that’s because it’s completely awesome to jump from a hill to ambush an enemy from above.

That’s what I call a freakin’good reason.

• Add fall damage transfering to the one you land on with a mulitplier would certainly make that ambush interesting… also add it as 2nd ability for knight perhaps? that their multiplier should be highest, since they wear the heaviest armour afterall?