Map specific strategic points

• I think some TO maps could use more places that are risky to get but would grant you a slight advantage. Perhaps a secondary objective could be added, not obligatory off course.

example:

A blacksmith´ forge

Capture this for your team and only your team will have access to it. You can stick your weapon into the forge for 2-3 seconds and you´ll get a boost 20% more stab damage for 30 seconds. The tip of the blade will start to glow bright orange. (only works for swords and pointy things…)

:)

• But it should have a major throwback (I mean your 20% more dmg to stabs), because it would smelt to the ground and leave an unpointy end to your sword/spear/whatever

• @Alucard:

But it should have a major throwback (I mean your 20% more dmg to stabs), because it would smelt to the ground and leave an unpointy end to your sword/spear/whatever

Eeeeh, not like that. It would not damage the weapon but you would not be able to use it again. Plus you could always balance it out by shortening the duration…

• I can only imagine the line up of all the SOW users.

I don’t think you want to unbalance melee, maybe a more strategic advantage but that would require a custom map.

• Capturing places would just set up a new place where you can spawn, IMO.

Somewhat like in Red Orchestra 2, maybe? When you die, you are shown a map of the world you are fighting in, and you get to see what strategic point belongs to what team, and you can click on the ones that belong to your team to spawn in the next wave there.

Maybe?

Also, when you capture a location, the banner of your side will appear here and there around it. Like stuck in the sand outside the entrance, or lodged in some barricade, or hung from a balcony, or whatever. Would look cool.

So the advantage of capturing locations that are not point of the objective would be that you can now launch attacks from different sides?

Maybe these locations could bring some kind of bonus for the team, but not really sticking your sword in fire and you now have a glowing sword. Mostly it would just be the bonus of spawning forward and having a defensive location to fall back on, but maybe there’s… something.

Oh! And you should be able to burn down these locations if they are made out of wood! Imagine Agatha holding that house real good, you can’t even get inside it… then throw a torch at it! Hoho. Of course it won’t add anything to the score or overall process of the main objective though. And they could still choose to spawn inside this house, I guess, but it’s not as defensive anymore. It has slightly fallen apart so you can see through holes in the wall, the stairs to the upper floor has burnt down so archers don’t have the same bonus anymore. Stuff like that.

Maybe.

• @SavageBeatings:

Capturing places would just set up a new place where you can spawn, IMO.

Somewhat like in Red Orchestra 2, maybe? When you die, you are shown a map of the world you are fighting in, and you get to see what strategic point belongs to what team, and you can click on the ones that belong to your team to spawn in the next wave there.

Maybe?

Also, when you capture a location, the banner of your side will appear here and there around it. Like stuck in the sand outside the entrance, or lodged in some barricade, or hung from a balcony, or whatever. Would look cool.

So the advantage of capturing locations that are not point of the objective would be that you can now launch attacks from different sides?

Maybe these locations could bring some kind of bonus for the team, but not really sticking your sword in fire and you now have a glowing sword. Mostly it would just be the bonus of spawning forward and having a defensive location to fall back on, but maybe there’s… something.

Oh! And you should be able to burn down these locations if they are made out of wood! Imagine Agatha holding that house real good, you can’t even get inside it… then throw a torch at it! Hoho. Of course it won’t add anything to the score or overall process of the main objective though. And they could still choose to spawn inside this house, I guess, but it’s not as defensive anymore. It has slightly fallen apart so you can see through holes in the wall, the stairs to the upper floor has burnt down so archers don’t have the same bonus anymore. Stuff like that.

Maybe.

…or that :D

Now we just need a movable catapult to wreck havoc on the inflammable forward spawn points!