No more to facehugging!

• [image:23a5rr3w]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080210191235/aliens/images/9/94/Alien_facehugger.jpg[/image:23a5rr3w]

No more of these!!! Yes! :)

I just want to say how extremely happy I am about this change, great job TB!

• Now we must find some way to implement chestbursters into the game.

• @King:

Now we must find some way to implement chestbursters into the game.

I’m one step ahead of you. A new archer weapon in crossbow format. It launches an egg and when it hits a player, he’s on a 1 minute timer. If he is still alive, insert that shitty bird scream we all know and love with a critter of your choosing. Preferably an alien. Or maybe the ghost.

• A baby archer should burst from the chest, obviously.

• @dudeface:

A baby archer should burst from the chest, obviously.

It is almost unhealthy how much I want this.

• basically, another 1 hander nerf, which isn’t needed in TO / LTS (2-handers are already powerful enough).

Inb4 people will complain that this facehugging nerf is not enough when it goes live. <–- callin’ it :D

• That was probably their original design for the MAA model.

• @NoVaLombardia:

basically, another 1 hander nerf, which isn’t needed in TO / LTS (2-handers are already powerful enough).

Inb4 people will complain that this facehugging nerf is not enough when it goes live. <–- callin’ it :D

What nerfs did the one-handers get previously? Have I missed something?

• @funthomass:

@NoVaLombardia:

basically, another 1 hander nerf, which isn’t needed in TO / LTS (2-handers are already powerful enough).

What nerfs did the one-handers get previously? Have I missed something?

Originally the stamina drain for using 1 handers was a lot smaller. They were nerfed to be almost the same as 2 handers.

I agree that we may find ourselves in a situation where 1 handers are almost useless unless you really want to use a shield. TBS may have to buff 1 handers after all these changes.

• @Dr:

I agree that we may find ourselves in a situation where 1 handers are almost useless unless you really want to use a shield. TBS may have to buff 1 handers after all these changes.

Shield or no shield, unless you’re a knight 1 handing a longsword, they have no place in team competitive because range is too powerful.

Shields are primarily used against heavy projectiles / archers in order to move up.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Dr:

Shield or no shield, unless you’re a knight 1 handing a longsword, they have no place in team competitive because range is too powerful.

Shields are primarily used against heavy projectiles / archers in order to move up.

Huh? Firstly all weapons should be competitive or at least balanced which is my point.

Secondly shields are good for a few things apart from protection from projectiles (although that itself is enough); you’re almost immune to feints, you can block attacks coming at your team mates much easier and you can block attacks coming from multiple enemies.

• @Dr:

Secondly shields are good for a few things apart from protection from projectiles (although that itself is enough); you’re almost immune to feints, you can block attacks coming at your team mates much easier and you can block attacks coming from multiple enemies.

1. you’re almost immune to feints, but if you have someone watching your back, you’re still almost immune to feints.

2. you can also block attacks from multiple enemies without a shield as well.

But yeah, i’m agreeing. I’m saying 1-handers are way too weak atm, they literally have no place in team competitive unless its warhammer, and even warhammer is pushing the boundary.

1-handers are fine in a duel setting, but most of the game is about the team play.

• Good timing for this post as I was thinking the same thing today. Getting my butt handed to me by a 1h wielding MMA. Was thinking some sort of “Mortal Combat Combo” for Defense… A five combo button mash that would incur a half suplex and drive a dagger through the jaw / head of the attacker. ;) I just find that due to the hit stun I can’t seem to find a way to get separation.

But I am by no means an expert perhaps you folks can enlighten me.

Canadian.

• @Canadian:

Good timing for this post as I was thinking the same thing today. Getting my butt handed to me by a 1h wielding MMA. Was thinking some sort of “Mortal Combat Combo” for Defense… A five combo button mash that would incur a half suplex and drive a dagger through the jaw / head of the attacker. ;) I just find that due to the hit stun I can’t seem to find a way to get separation.

But I am by no means an expert perhaps you folks can enlighten me.

Canadian.

When getting facehugged, never try to back away. Moving backwards is useless in this game due to how slow backpeddling is. Hold sprint, run forward an circle around. It’s a lot to think about in the heat of the moment. I have trouble with it also. That’s the best advice I can give until we see whatever fix they are going to attempt to add.

• When getting facehugged, never try to back away. Moving backwards is useless in this game due to how slow backpeddling is. Hold sprint, run forward an circle around. It’s a lot to think about in the heat of the moment. I have trouble with it also. That’s the best advice I can give until we see whatever fix they are going to attempt to add.

I will certainly give that a go, funny you are quite right in the heat of the moment that never really entered my mind to try.

Thanks for your time
    Canadian