Seriously guys…

• You really need to devise a way of matching people in the duels more evenly. It’s bad enough to have noobs with zero experience and ability being matched against vets but having to go up against the best un-locked weapons too? Seriously? And you expect to keep new players and grow your base how exactly? I imagine the majority of new players give this up within a couple of days. I have a little more fortitude but even I’m starting to get pissed off with the bullshit mis-matching. Veteran experience + best weapons vs poorly armed noobs…way to go.

Really, you devs need to think stuff like this through if you’re to have half a hope of surviving. Why do you think your player-base has shrunk so drastically? It’s not because the game is crap, it’s because new players get tired real quick of the cheap whoring.

Think about it, for your own sakes, and find a way to fix it.

• Some of the starting weapons are the best weapons…Every weapon is viable, its the difference in skill that is real deciding factor. If the noobs want to play somewhere where they won’t have to deal with vets, there are now a few rank capped servers just for them.

• There are? How does one recognize them?

• Don’t even bother finding those low rank servers.
    Just go on “Free for all” servers. It’s the best mode to learn fast how to play this game and to unlock weapons too. Duel servers should be last on your list. They are the hardest for rookies especially if you’re facing vets…
    Good luck

• @Panzerlang:

There are? How does one recognize them?

The TBS ones say Official Ranked server or something like. They’ll also show real numbers in the Min and Max columns

• Only way to get good at duelling is to get spanked by the good guys - you’ll never get better unless you do! Happened to all of them too, its part of the process.

When you say about weapons… try the flanged mace - starter weapon for knight and probably one of the best weapons in the game. As mentioned, all are viable in their own way - but it LMB 2 hits all characters but knights if you get headshots and IS rather fast.

On a darker note, regarding the way you phrased the original post (despite your vast inexperience with the game) - im getting tired of your negative, uninformed, frankly rubbish posts clogging up the forums all over the place, please do everyone a favour and keep your horribly non-productive vitriol to a minimum. I mean, you clearly wont - but it doesnt hurt to ask. :). And no, i cant be bothered to get into a 400 post shit slinging match with you like some others, so dont even reply.

GOOD DAY SIR.

• the nice thing about a lot of veterans, is actually when i started playing, there were people with more experience sure… but mostly people were still new to the game so we all kind of got to learn together. In the duel mode, you can, instead of joining the pool, choose your own opponent to challenge. Perhaps someone that is of even rank as you. Also, the weapons as another said, even the starting weapons are balanced fairly well… so just because you have to unlock additional weapons does not make the unlocked ones necessarily better. Sure, it’s nice to have a larger arsenal to play with but you’ll get there in time. If a new weapon does more damage, it may not have as much reach or speed, if it has more speed it may not have reach or damage… etc… etc.

Duels certainly help with learning mechanics, playstyles, going against multiple types of class, all that… but it’s a lot harder to start out with since a lot of duelers have experience. If you can find a classic duel, or FFA duel server, those typically are more fun IMO and you can watch others duel from the outside perspective to watch their moves and movement.

Some good starting weapons per class -

Archer: Longbow, shortsword (secondary)
    Knight: longsword, bearded axe (broken weapon tho) broadsword (secondary)
    Vanguard: Greatsword, SPEAR!, shortsword or hatcher (secondary)
    MAA : broadsword is great, no real need for secondary but maybe the starting mace if you want to.

• ffa is the longest way to learn, because you will run in groups swinging then die from the next guy doing it. You will learn how to fight in crazy situations, but you will totally miss all the tricks starting from feinting. :D Best way to learn imho is to find the best player ever and duel him while he is giving you feed back. Not the most fun though.
    In theory even better ways would be 1)attending a real life tournament 2) FFA with the bestest players might be better, id love to see that :D

• @Triumphant:

Only way to get good at duelling is to get spanked by the good guys - you’ll never get better unless you do! Happened to all of them too, its part of the process.

When you say about weapons… try the flanged mace - starter weapon for knight and probably one of the best weapons in the game. As mentioned, all are viable in their own way - but it LMB 2 hits all characters but knights if you get headshots and IS rather fast.

On a darker note, regarding the way you phrased the original post (despite your vast inexperience with the game) - im getting tired of your negative, uninformed, frankly rubbish posts clogging up the forums all over the place, please do everyone a favour and keep your horribly non-productive vitriol to a minimum. I mean, you clearly wont - but it doesnt hurt to ask. :). And no, i cant be bothered to get into a 400 post shit slinging match with you like some others, so dont even reply.

GOOD DAY SIR.

Guess how many fucks I fail to give in regard to your tiredness? That’s right, about as many as I give for your incredibly egotistic self regard. “I’M” getting tired… Wow, so sorry your highness! :lol: