Flinch

• The flinch animation plays when teammates hit each other despite it not actually flinching them, rendering a lot of actions unreadable

Flinch animations like to sometimes happen when people get hit during release, making the attack invisible (you just see them flinching) when two people hit trade this often happens

When you get hit during release you can’t parry until after recovery has finished but if you get during recovery you can parry instantly, when are you supposed to be able to parry relative to being flinched by the way?

• oh, good catch

• @Josh:

When you get hit during release you can’t parry until after recovery has finished but if you get during recovery you can parry instantly, when are you supposed to be able to parry relative to being flinched by the way?

This is due to the fact that you don’t actually flinch, you simply lose the ability to combo.

Good catch on the allied flinch animation.

• Well that explains why I always seem to die to an enemy who has some moron ally left-clicking them in the back while I’m trying to fight them.

I always just assumed I was forgetting friendly fire didn’t flinch at the time, but I guess it was the deceptive animation fooling me without me noticing that it was a glitch.

• I remember why this was implemented actually, but now I think I shouldn’t exist. It promotes LMB spam a little too much when a gangbang of allies are fighting opponents, and in comp play it gets confusing a couple of times, I know Wolfy keeps banging on about it to me.

• @Martin:

I remember why this was implemented actually, but now I think I shouldn’t exist. It promotes LMB spam a little too much when a gangbang of allies are fighting opponents, and in comp play it gets confusing a couple of times, I know Wolfy keeps banging on about it to me.

I’m confused by exactly what you’re referring to. What shouldn’t exist? Release hits stopping combos?

• Hitting teammates does not flinch them, or rather ‘cancels’ their attacks, but in some cases it does play the flinch animation while allowing the attack to persist, as the OP has stated. It was added along with the 50% decrease in team damage in an effort to make the team hitting/team killing a bit more ‘casual’.

• @Josh:

The flinch animation plays when teammates hit each other despite it not actually flinching them, rendering a lot of actions unreadable

Flinch animations like to sometimes happen when people get hit during release, making the attack invisible (you just see them flinching) when two people hit trade this often happens.

These are both extremely annoying. The current version of the game does a terrible job of displaying what the other person is actually doing.

Often someone on my team will hit an enemy in the back just too late to flinch them, but still causes flinch animation. All I see is someone who just got flinched somehow whack still whack me in the head.